Rune Factory 5 Official Discussion Thread v1

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Solar Wind
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

I'd be fine with sprite swap returning. Future games having ss options would be so bittersweet for me, though. Bachelors like Murakumo are extremely rare in Rune Factory and the mainline games, and I don't think we'll see someone like him very often.
Soomi
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

If you look at the recent trailer and compared it with the old ones you noticed they up the graphics. The environment looks less saturated plus they include shadows in certain part that wasn't there in the old trailer (thank « Harvest Goddess »).
iloverainbow
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

That's sad. I would be totally fine if they cut out the cut scenes for same « Chicken Hugging » marriages. I just want to be gay in RF5 :/

I am okay with sprite swapping only if they do it right - like how people address you and such.
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I read earlier people going "animated marriage cutscenes means same « Chicken Hugging » is least likely" and you guys know how animation cells / editing works, right?

They won't just draw Ares / Alice six times each for every marriage candidate. There is editing that goes along with it. Like firstly the animated cutscenes will probably be short and they probably made it so that any bachelor or bachelorette is interchngable in the animated shot / still that Alice or Ares arre in.

Granted this doesn't mean SS marriage is confirmed but still too soon to rule out.
iloverainbow
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Daisuke Tsubasa wrote:I read earlier people going "animated marriage cutscenes means same « Chicken Hugging » is least likely" and you guys know how animation cells / editing works, right?

They won't just draw Ares / Alice six times each for every marriage candidate. There is editing that goes along with it. Like firstly the animated cutscenes will probably be short and they probably made it so that any bachelor or bachelorette is interchngable in the animated shot / still that Alice or Ares arre in.

Granted this doesn't mean SS marriage is confirmed but still too soon to rule out.
This gives me some hope...
Soomi
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Idk if this is true. I just found an article (or blog?) about the summary of the livestream of rf5 and one of them include "we can date 6 romances candidates at the same time like in rf4". They only mentioned 6 here so i assumed this is very much confirmed they will be no ss marriage? Tbh im not sure about this part :(
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

iloverainbow wrote:I am okay with sprite swapping only if they do it right - like how people address you and such.
That was my problem with RF4. I vastly prefer Lest over Frey, but I wanted to be married to Dylas.
Soomi wrote:Idk if this is true. I just found an article (or blog?) about the summary of the livestream of rf5 and one of them include "we can date 6 romances candidates at the same time like in rf4". They only mentioned 6 here so i assumed this is very much confirmed they will be no ss marriage? Tbh im not sure about this part :(
I saw that over on Reddit, which is how I took it; no SS marriage, but hareming is back.
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Daisuke Tsubasa wrote:I read earlier people going "animated marriage cutscenes means same « Chicken Hugging » is least likely" and you guys know how animation cells / editing works, right?

That's possible, and Id love to be wrong, but the heavy emphasis on the o/s match ups in the promotional stuff and no confirmation on s/s options at all so far doesn't give it good odds. Still a chance but im personally preparing for the worst and just would like to be pleasantly surprised vs disappointed.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I think it has more to do with them not being progressive enough to show s/s animated scenes. When it's just a 3 seconds scene with two 3d character standing still while celebrating their "best friends" ceremony, they certainly don't mind as much. But a fully animated scene showing a bit more romance, that would be too much for them apparently.
JayDucky03
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I hope to « Harvest Goddess » they have s/s marriage but I'm not holding my breath until more news comes out. It's possible the western release could add it, albeit in a limited way.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

JayDucky03 wrote:I hope to « Harvest Goddess » they have s/s marriage but I'm not holding my breath until more news comes out. It's possible the western release could add it, albeit in a limited way.
Considering XSeed is just translating the game (I could be wrong, don't hold me to that if that's all they do) I don't think they can add in the code and programming to allow same « Chicken Hugging » marriage.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Blue Rose wrote: That's possible, and Id love to be wrong, but the heavy emphasis on the o/s match ups in the promotional stuff and no confirmation on s/s options at all so far doesn't give it good odds. Still a chance but im personally preparing for the worst and just would like to be pleasantly surprised vs disappointed.
out of curiosity, outside of mentioning the return of the "Best friend ceremony" Did they really "promote" the fact that mineral town remake and PoOT have same « Chicken Hugging » options at all?
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

er to clarify (same fishy as before) i mean in JP advertising-- i know the American advertising went pretty hard promoting it.
Briarwyn
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Is RF5's timeline in the near/distant future of RF4's timelime?

And are both games set in the same, or different countries?
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:
Blue Rose wrote: That's possible, and Id love to be wrong, but the heavy emphasis on the o/s match ups in the promotional stuff and no confirmation on s/s options at all so far doesn't give it good odds. Still a chance but im personally preparing for the worst and just would like to be pleasantly surprised vs disappointed.
out of curiosity, outside of mentioning the return of the "Best friend ceremony" Did they really "promote" the fact that mineral town remake and PoOT have same « Chicken Hugging » options at all?
I I dont remember MT, but for PoOT it was like one of the first couple of things (or very early on) on the main site (jpn) that the feature would be returning in that game. So it's not "promoting/advertising" in a normal sense (like showing it off in trailers, etc) it but the info was told early it would be a thing and/or thatd it be returning. In MT we found out...I think a couple months in that it would be a feature? I know it was before release but I forgot when and the West may have been told first, I forget.