Coral Island - Reimagining the farm sim game

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Areli
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I share this game with you, it caught my attention that it will also have sub marine exploration:

Trailer:

Discord: https://discord.gg/stairway
Kickstarter: https://ks.coralislandgame.com/

In the case of the kickstarter, even if you don't participate in the tier, adding yourself to the notification does help them gain visibility on the site.

And in the discord there will be voting to show the clothes according to season for the characters if the goal is reached.
Areli
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

In case anyone is interested, they have already started the campaign, they have given more information in it, the different types of pets and lore with fantasy elements look good.
cinnamon_yuki
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I checked this out and I found this interesting. I supported the kickstarter and I hope it meets it deadline.
Areli
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

They have already founded, it was fast, now they are going for the goals.

And I agree it has interesting concepts and more oriented to the protection of the environment.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Coral Island really killed all those goals. They're at over a million. They've hit every stretch goal and had to add more, and they're almost to the last of the extra ones that were added...just one left, and still a full week to go in the campaign. It's crazy successful.

Unfortunately for me, when I checked out the kickstarter, I was really disappointed in the candidates. No problem with the artist's skill or anything...they look kind of Disney, really, a little like Lilo and Stitch, or a mix of Disney movies. But to my eye the male candidates all look so, soooo samey, in Coral Island. They all have broad faces, medium brown skin, and short wavy/curly black or very dark brown hair, and facial scruff. ONE guy has longer hair, though it's put back in a bun so it was hard to notice it was long. One guy is white...but still with a broad face and facial scruff and short wavy hair...and one guy is darker than the others. They all have curly/wavy hair, too, except the guy with the hair in a bun (maybe his is also wavy but you can't tell since it's brushed back into the bun tail.) To me it looks like the artist tried to make all the male candidates look like slightly different versions of himself, lol.

I dunno, they just all look the same, to me, except the one white guy and the one with the slightly smaller face and the bun (but still with facial scruff!) I'm really not into them. Too bad, when the girls are much more varied.
Areli
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Their kickstarter has certainly been a success, the image of the islands looks good.

The good thing is that many farm games continue to come out, surely one will appear that is to your liking.
Ninety
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I just checked out their page and wow, you weren't joking, all the male candidates kinda do look the same. Similar body types, face shapes, hairstyles, facial hair, etc. There's a lot more variety in the female designs.

Artist's got a type, I guess!
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Added to my follow list on STEAM, but I have no interest in multi-player, so if that ends up being a big factor in the game features I'll give it a pass. But personally I like the art style. Curious about personalities though.
thegrouchyfarmer
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I honestly like the portraits a ton and I’m excited that the guys finally look like they’re my age instead of prepubescent school boys, haha! I also love that they’re racially diverse! I was going to say that I was going to have a hard time choosing, but the minute I saw that beefy Merman...
Briarwyn
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I've watched the trailer video and it looks good, except for one flaw. Why does a farming sim game have the player fight and combat monsters?
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The same as Rune Factory, I guess. It's also a farming sim with monster fighting. Or it's an RPG with an element of farming simulation...whichever way you want to think about it. I definitely don't think that's a flaw. I think the super-samey bachelors are a flaw, but having monster fighting sounds great, as it's one of the things I really like in Rune Factory. If you get tired of farming, you can socialize. If you're tired of socializing, you can go explore, and maybe make your way through a dungeon. Along the way you can also fight and/or tame animals to take home and care for or get products from, and also to take along to fight with you. That's what's great about Rune Factory, imo. So perhaps they want to go more the Rune Factory route than the standard Bokumono route.

EDIT: Stardew Valley, too, come to think of it, even more, as this looked like the monters were primarily in the mines.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:The same as Rune Factory, I guess. It's also a farming sim with monster fighting. Or it's an RPG with an element of farming simulation...whichever way you want to think about it. I definitely don't think that's a flaw. I think the super-samey bachelors are a flaw, but having monster fighting sounds great, as it's one of the things I really like in Rune Factory. If you get tired of farming, you can socialize. If you're tired of socializing, you can go explore, and maybe make your way through a dungeon. Along the way you can also fight and/or tame animals to take home and care for or get products from, and also to take along to fight with you. That's what's great about Rune Factory, imo. So perhaps they want to go more the Rune Factory route than the standard Bokumono route.

EDIT: Stardew Valley, too, come to think of it, even more, as this looked like the monters were primarily in the mines.
Even a couple of main HM titles had combat too— DS and DS Cute, there were enemies to fight in the mines, no?

I’m sort of indifferent about combat. If it’s there, great. I’m more into the social, farming and crafting. But I agree that it isn’t necessarily a drawback. Maybe if the game forced you to participate in combat when it’s not really a combat game. For Rune Factory, combat was a known and expected element of the game. For Coral Island, I would hope that it would be optional.
iLoveSprites75
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Is there any mention of what the "mythical pet" is in the $85 kickstarter pledge? I'm going to do $45 at most I think, although the pet would be neat (but yeah for the $60 plus options to have... 2 artbooks, 2 OSTs, 2 of my name in the credits? A little much. I just like animals :lol: ) I guess I'm just curious what the pet might be.

I actually don't know for sure if I'm going to pledge yet... Maaaaybe $20 just so I can get the game when it comes out, but I'm not sure yet. It does look really nice though.

Also, does anyone know how long a Kickstarter like this might stay up, just so I have time to figure it out? I know they're already well past their goal and I know the first time the game will release is June, so I just hope I have time to pledge, should I decide to.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

The Kickstarter is already over, up the have a backerkit available. Also it said there’s two mythical pets and one of them will be a dragon don’t know if what the other one is has been revealed yet though.
iLoveSprites75
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I see now - but it looks like it's all the same thing. I think in that case I'll probably eventually just get the game. I assumed they could continue crowdfunding to add more to the game, etc.