PoOT Q&A

Poot Poot Poot! A mainline Bokumono game set in a resort town that wants to be more resort-y. Available for Nintendo Switch, Steam/PC, and Ps4/5. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Feb 2021. NA = Mar 2021. EU = Mar 2021.
Briarwyn
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

How do I turn logs into lumber?

What sort of building is going to be built in that designated construction area?

When does an eyeglasses shop, and clothing store come to Olive Town?

Would cruise ship tours become available?

When is the soonest that a tv set could be bought for your home?
Kelpy
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Briarwyn wrote:How do I turn logs into lumber?

What sort of building is going to be built in that designated construction area?

When does an eyeglasses shop, and clothing store come to Olive Town?

Would cruise ship tours become available?

When is the soonest that a tv set could be bought for your home?
1. Once you get the lumber maker, you insert logs and they become lumber. You'll get the recipe and be able to craft it from the menu by opening it and using R to reach the craft menu.

2. Is it the one in town, or a different one? If it's the one in town, that's the Beauty Salon, and later a second shop in the same building.

3. The clothing shop is the Beauty Salon and their products includes eyeglasses, it's part of the Town Requests chain, so do the Requests from the Mayor that are posted in the town hall and the beauty salon will open fairly quickly.

I don't know about cruise tours or tvs, unfortunately.
K8sMum
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

I'm not sure if I've run into a glitch, but I'm trying to get glasses. I've got the mortar and made the glass. But when I attempt to order them it tells me I can't use the glass! It's got the exact description used in the 'recipe'. Anyone else encountered this? Any ideas what to do?
Briarwyn
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

K8sMum wrote:I'm not sure if I've run into a glitch, but I'm trying to get glasses. I've got the mortar and made the glass. But when I attempt to order them it tells me I can't use the glass! It's got the exact description used in the 'recipe'. Anyone else encountered this? Any ideas what to do?
Have you checked that you have all the nescessary ingredients, and the amount of money to pay for it?
K8sMum
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

You need mortar and glass. I have more than enough money. It's just telling me the glass cannot be used.
MADHATTER
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

anyone know what the town medals are for? i keep them in storage but i'm not sure if they have any use

also does anyone who played the japanese version know when the wolf pet/mounts unlock :(
Briarwyn
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

How soon have players gotten a lumber mill and a bucket? What are the requirements for those?
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I'm curious how does one play with a cat? I bought my cat a Mouse Ball and she doesn't even seem to care for it.
cinnamon_yuki
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

MADHATTER wrote:anyone know what the town medals are for? i keep them in storage but i'm not sure if they have any use
I watched from a YT video that it has no other uses and ship them for money. I did the same because I have no space. :lol:
Nallia
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Briarwyn wrote:How soon have players gotten a lumber mill and a bucket? What are the requirements for those?
You can craft the lumber maker once your logging skill reaches level 2. Clemens will give you the bucket on day 7.
Kelpy
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Does anyone know if the cloth maker only processes yarn, or does it process thread as well? I haven't built one yet but I noticed the flavor text specifies yarn, but a lot of the flavor text fro the cloth I've picked up from draining ponds makes it sound like they're made from thread, so I am not sure yet how that works and I wanna stock up on the cloth I need for when I'm ready to start hoarding clothes from the Beauty Salon.
QiofSE
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Kelpy wrote:Does anyone know if the cloth maker only processes yarn, or does it process thread as well? I haven't built one yet but I noticed the flavor text specifies yarn, but a lot of the flavor text fro the cloth I've picked up from draining ponds makes it sound like they're made from thread, so I am not sure yet how that works and I wanna stock up on the cloth I need for when I'm ready to start hoarding clothes from the Beauty Salon.
The Thread Maker turns grasses into thread. The Textile Maker turns the thread into cloth. I believe it's level 4 Reaping that gets you the ability to make the Textile Maker.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Anyone has experience with the flame thing in the second mine where iron comes from? The attacking thing almost gave me a heart attack when I saw it trying to catch me. Is there a way to get rid of it?
Kelpy
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

QiofSE wrote:
Kelpy wrote:Does anyone know if the cloth maker only processes yarn, or does it process thread as well? I haven't built one yet but I noticed the flavor text specifies yarn, but a lot of the flavor text fro the cloth I've picked up from draining ponds makes it sound like they're made from thread, so I am not sure yet how that works and I wanna stock up on the cloth I need for when I'm ready to start hoarding clothes from the Beauty Salon.
The Thread Maker turns grasses into thread. The Textile Maker turns the thread into cloth. I believe it's level 4 Reaping that gets you the ability to make the Textile Maker.
Oh excellent. I'm Reaper 6 so I just gotta dig through my recipes in the maker tab and find it then and then I can start turning all this thread into cloth, thank you!

Man now I wish there was a way to sort recipes, or they were at least grouped together more intuitively.
K8sMum
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Do you mean the rabid moles? If they touch you you take a bit of damage. Whack them with you hammer to get stuff. They re-occur throughout the mine.