Rune Factory 5 Official Discussion Thread v1

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Daisuke Tsubasa
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Somerandom wrote:I saw pictures of the returning characters Margaret and Doug from RF4 and they look good!
People are saying that 5 is set a few years after 4 judging by the looks of the characters.
Spoiler:
But I wonder whether it could be the far future since Margaret is an elf and would hardly age. I’m not sure about dwarves though. Do they age slower than humans?
I heavily doubt it. Doug's translated profile in 5 states that:
Spoiler:
He's there as an emissary to help the nearby townsfolk of the former Sechs territories. This is definitely just at most a few years after 4 concluded. And I imagine their dialogue having shoutouts to the residents back in Selphia.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

According to this tweet, the official site has been updated with new info (on the battle system, residents and SEED, I think it is saying):
Night Owl
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Gematsu translated the site update from earlier.

Basically it just goes over the weapon types and some of the combat stuff. They haven't added a new weapon class this game, so if you've played 4, there's no real change.

I noticed that there will be two Dwarves named "Doug" and the dude that looks like a Saint-Coquille isn't one of them unless their (Saint-Coquille that is) JP name is completely different. Definitely the "Porcoline" of the game though, but it remains to be seen if he'll hit on the protagonist to the extent Porco did.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Night Owl wrote:the dude that looks like a Saint-Coquille isn't one of them unless their (Saint-Coquille that is) JP name is completely different.
The family's name is indeed different in Japanese (ヴィヴィアージュ / "Viviage," as the article translated), so he actually is a De Sainte-Coquille!
*LaI*
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I wonder what XSEED will do about the "Doug" issue... the romanized name of the RF5 one is "Dogu", while the RF4 Doug is "Dagu", so technically not the same. But when you look at the name of the picture in the RF5 site it does say Doug.
Solar Wind
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

I like the townsfolk designs. Unique looks that aren't too flashy, but still give off their personality and fit in really well. My problem with 4 is that a few looks don't seem to mesh well with the setting.

Also, the better Doug is a snack.
Spoiler:
*LaI* wrote:I wonder what XSEED will do about the "Doug" issue... the romanized name of the RF5 one is "Dogu", while the RF4 Doug is "Dagu", so technically not the same. But when you look at the name of the picture in the RF5 site it does say Doug.
Probably give them a name that sounds similar, in case they're supposed to sound similar. (Maybe they're related?) I'm guessing Dag (Sounds like "Dagger," though it also has other meanings,) or Dane, or Dog.
Rancherita
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

*LaI* wrote:I wonder what XSEED will do about the "Doug" issue... the romanized name of the RF5 one is "Dogu", while the RF4 Doug is "Dagu", so technically not the same. But when you look at the name of the picture in the RF5 site it does say Doug.
I was wondering the same thing, and then I saw this post: https://tatertotarmy.tumblr.com/post/64 ... gand-lukas

They might change them, or if they keep them the same, XSeed might lampshade it or make a joke around it? That might be entertaining to constantly have the villagers asking which one because they're as confused as you are xD
Tiptoze
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Regardless of how it's romanized, his name hasn't changed. Romanization is never very consistent (or reliable) period. I'm sure his name will be Doug again.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Killing buffamoos (?) while riding a dragon...with a second person riding with you, to boot.
RodCopper Fishin
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

^ This looks cool! I was always kind of sad that other characters couldn’t ride my monsters with me. I especially wanted my super small child to ride Kinoto or Hinoe lol
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Yes, please! Who doesn't want to go dragon riding with a friend?! Definitely a good mark for RF5.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Something about that death animation is really funny to me. Maybe it's the lack of SFX from the buffamoos + their eyes staying open? I mean, it's fine I suppose, but I can't help but snort watching that video.
iloverainbow
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:Killing buffamoos (?) while riding a dragon...with a second person riding with you, to boot.
OMG I really want to play this game. Please let me be gay in this game PLEASE!
mario_0345
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:Killing buffamoos (?) while riding a dragon...with a second person riding with you, to boot.
Stuff like this shows me which game got the A treatment and which game was more of a throw it together sort of game between RF5 and SOS:PoOT.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RuneFactory_PR/status/1377893565326630913?s=20[/tweet]

Visual wise the game keeps looking better with every video they show but those farm fields look rough.
mario_0345 wrote:
Stuff like this shows me which game got the A treatment and which game was more of a throw it together sort of game between RF5 and SOS:PoOT.
Which is weird since SoS sells better. Either it must be Hashimoto’s bias, or they think that the SoS fandom doesn’t really care about graphics.