Backlog 2021

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I did get through the prologue of Wild Arms 3, but PoOT called me back to play it for a bit longer. Now my kid is crawling. The kid is a literal piece of moving furniture as it does not gain FP. I also just need 22 more orichalcum ingots to get the last building fixed and ready to house crops.

I might flip back and forth between both games because I do want to see my kid fully grown and get the last building fixed all the while I'm earning tons of money to save up and make all the clothes.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I managed to see the credits in Monster Hunter Rise. I had a pocket of free time after Easter festivities + my Switch had been off the dock for so long, it needed to be charged, so my Husband took the role of playing handheld while I got my turn on the TV. The Village Quests 1-4 Stars are laughably easy for a seasoned pro in High Rank armor, so I was just blazing through everything and then the credits started rolling. The story is NOT over, not by a longshot, but it was pretty much the 'you passed the first milestone' credits. I've yet to try the village 5 star quests, but I don't imagine them to be overly difficult either. I am debating getting better armor from the hub, but I can't decide which monster I want to farm. My absolute fave isn't in base game, which is a shame, so I'll have to pick something else.

Played a little but of FFXIV yesterday after work just to wind down. I'm almost bloodsworn with the Pixies and I completely forgot how close I am! Same goes for the Dwarves whom I'll get bloodsworn with in a few days in I keep it up. There's rewards for being bloodsworn with all the beast tribes in their respective patches, and I'm aiming to get those eventually, so no rush, but I'd also like to be done with them forever LOL.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Haven't played anything! I'm fairly determined to plough through the last 40% of Fenyx whenever I can next bring myself to sit in front of the TV and play. I want to cross another two games off my list in April, though I don't feel confident I can get myself to do so.

I first wanna empty out two of our freezers and reorganize all stuff pertaining to the kitchen. Then I feel like I'll be able to get back to gaming with a clear head. It may be freakishly warm this spring, but even so, it's not safe to plant stuff outdoors yet...winter tends to love to fake us out in this region. It pretends to be gone, but LEAPS back into your face regularly with a ghoulish "Did you miss me???", all crazy eyes and sickly grin.

I hate winter. I want to kill winter. Murder it once and for all.

But anyway, I think I can do the freezers tomorrow, and maybe the storage area before the end of the week, and at that point maybe I can pick Fenyx up again without feeling vaguely panicky? It's funny; I can pick up my Lite and play for half an hour in Gardenia without it bothering me, but I can't sit down for an actual gaming session at my TV, not even for half an hour. Even though I can sit around in front of the TV watching reruns for hours! I suppose that means I could tackle Littlewood in bits and pieces, though. Might be a better idea than trying to take Fenyx back up, even though it's more than half done already. I want to play, in theory, but when it comes time to actually pick up a controller, I can't get myself to do it. Gonna have to keep on with other stuff for a while. Finishing two games in April might be a silly goal to be thinking of, under the circumstances.

It's supposed to be gorgeous this week. I feel a bit giddy thinking about going out for a bike ride. Maybe I should take my Lite outside and play in the yard, lol.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Okay, yeah, Wild Arms 3 isn't for me; I was falling asleep when I started it back up again. To make sure I wasn't completely out of it, I started up Golden Sun Dark Dawn again and was enjoying myself.

I went ahead and preordered Cozy Grove for Switch. It looks so cute and it's due out in 2 days. Can't wait!
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I'm still too busy for 2 games, so I've just been playing Genshin. I got a welkin after my insane Venti pull...so I've been logging on/doing dailies to get my primos. (The last event was nice though.)

I've finally started the end game artifact grind. Good « Harvest Goddess » the Witch set domain is cruel. I've spent...a week-ish of resin in there so far and got ONE Witch circlet...with a healing bonus. And like 15 Flamewalker 5 stars. That's the domain I see people whining about more than anything, and I think I get it now.

I did have another spurt of luck with wishes today. I'm so far from pity I decided to throw some wishes toward Rosaria and I ended up with her and then got Chongyun on my next pull! (Different banner though :lol:) I still need more constellations on everybody (no 6 cons on anybody) but I've officially got all the 4 stars now! I've played around with Chongyun on an alt account I made and dropped and he's really fun...so, yay! :D (I have NO good claymores though. Couple of prototypes, at least.)
Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ronin19 wrote:Okay, yeah, Wild Arms 3 isn't for me; I was falling asleep when I started it back up again. To make sure I wasn't completely out of it, I started up Golden Sun Dark Dawn again and was enjoying myself.

I went ahead and preordered Cozy Grove for Switch. It looks so cute and it's due out in 2 days. Can't wait!
I also preordered Cozy Grove for the Switch alongside buying the DLC pass for Fire Emblem: Three Houses. I'm not vibing with the format of the extra content so far, so I'm largely ignoring the actual Story it added and just enjoying everything else. Very looking forward to everyone's impressions on Cozy Grove, since I've had my eye on it for a while now.
Riesenraddieb
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Mikodesu wrote: I've finally started the end game artifact grind. Good « Harvest Goddess » the Witch set domain is cruel. I've spent...a week-ish of resin in there so far and got ONE Witch circlet...with a healing bonus. And like 15 Flamewalker 5 stars. That's the domain I see people whining about more than anything, and I think I get it now.
Yes, so much yes on this! <_< I put that stupid domain way back on my list because Diluc is the only one at the moment who really needs the Crimson Witch stuff and he got banked yesterday - because he is an angry jealous bird and needs to think what he did! (I didn't even took him to bed yesterday - kidding, I just have a blacket with Diluc on it and it's cold here, really cold ...)
Played Genshin a good chunk too the last few days. Two days ago I farmed around 26 Cleansing Hearts with a friend - I can't solo Oceanid yet because Venti and Fischl are too weak and I can't beat her without a bow user - and yesterday I pulled for Childe! First Diluc showed up - again, he ruined Zhongli, he nearly ruined Xiao and now Childe! And I got him in Wanderlust too, so yeah accidentally C3 Diluc. But I managed to pull another round and did get Child within the next 15 pulls or so? And I'm freaking happy? Farmed everything for him before and he now sits on 80/90 with mostly usefull artifacts and his Harp should be done by Friday too. Bye Diluc, I got two other damaged dealer ... angry firebird <_<

Also played a bit more Monster Hunter Rise. Completed all quests up to 4* in the village, destroyed Magnamalos ugly face (can't make the hammer yet gut got the Gleve so far which I prefer in singleplayer) and later I'm trying out the 5* quests. I'm not sure which armor to farm next. In World I wore the Bone Armor until ... I don't know. I remembering hunting a few beasts after Anjanath with it too so a very long time XD" But this time I'm to bad or the monsters to good and I can't bring myself to wear Bone Armor again. Time will tell - maybe I'll go for Nargacuga or punching Magnamalo a few times more.
Shibuya
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

This seems like a good thread for my first post, haha. Oh boy though, backlogs.
There isn't a lot coming out in 2021 for me. If anything there's more stuff MIA than otherwise.

Currently I'm not playing much due to work, just some Genshin Impact and Olive Town. Mostly Olive during home office breaks.

Left on read until further notice:
Spoiler:
- Bravely Default 2
I waited for years and then didn't get past chapter 3. Iconic. JK I wanted Bravely Third not this, although it's still fun. I just miss the original cast.
- Trials of Mana
Looking forward to:
Spoiler:
- Legend of Mana
A bit disappointed it didn't get a proper remake approach like other Mana games, but I will eat it up regardless.
- Digimon Survive
One day we'll get a release date. One day... Easily the one game I want the most right now.
- Rune Factory 5
- Project Triangle Strategy
Yeah IK it's 2022 but. I am absolutely their target audience. Just like with Digimon Survive, I LOVE Tactical RPGs and am absolutely thrilled to see new series.
- Neo: The World Ends With You
Games I want to sit down and play soon:
Spoiler:
- OMORI

And a million other things I've bought and left to rot.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Arcy wrote:
Ronin19 wrote:Okay, yeah, Wild Arms 3 isn't for me; I was falling asleep when I started it back up again. To make sure I wasn't completely out of it, I started up Golden Sun Dark Dawn again and was enjoying myself.

I also preordered Cozy Grove for the Switch alongside buying the DLC pass for Fire Emblem: Three Houses. I'm not vibing with the format of the extra content so far, so I'm largely ignoring the actual Story it added and just enjoying everything else. Very looking forward to everyone's impressions on Cozy Grove, since I've had my eye on it for a while now.
I always need more Animal Crossing-like games and I like the premise. I'm looking forward to tonight/tomorrow
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Cozy Grove does look very cute, plus the graphics are sweet, and I love the idea of bringing colour back to the world...though a similar premise was unable to carry me through Okami (I guess I just couldn't get into playing as an animal.) I won't buy it now, though, since I'm having trouble with gaming...I'll consider it when things are on a roll again, depending on how the rest of you guys respond to it :)

I still really want Haven. But again, gonna put any purchases off until I'm back into a gaming groove. Unless games I know I want go on really good sales, and then I'll buy them to put them aside for later. I do want a decent stock of appealing games for fall/winter...all the better if I can get them on a good sale. I've never had multiple games I really want to play just sitting around waiting for me before, but I already have 3 I actually quite want to play...if only I could get myself to actually do it, lol. But it's okay to give up on gaming for now, imo, until I naturally want to play again. I don't think there's any merit in forcing it.

You'd think it'd make me stop being into game news and wanting new games in the meanwhile, but it really doesn't. I still want to buy awesome new games as much as ever, lol. I just don't want to play them after I get them. :shock:

Well, I'll just listen to all you guys talk about new games I'm interested in, for now! Will be watching what goes on with Cozy Grove. If any of you plan on getting Legend of Mana, Bustafellows, Detective Famicon Club mysteries, Monster Hunter 2 or Scarlet Nexus in the next 3 or so months, I'll be :o that too.

EDIT: Oh, yes, as Bluie said, welcome, Shibuya :)
Last edited by Kikki on Apr 07, 2021 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Welcome to the forum and thread, Shibuya!

---

Tried my luck at the Childe banner in Genshin. First roll got me Rosaria, which is real nice because I'd like to keep owning all the 4* characters for collections sake. I had about 30 more rolls saved up, aaaaannnnd, nothing. I'm not about to drop money on the game atm, so Ima just let Childe go, again. He'll be back and I'm not hurting for him either, so ehhh. I don't really feel like grinding primos right now and I'd much rather play something else, so Genshin is shelved until there's something worth playing for again.

Got Bloodsworn with the Pixies like I said I would and now I can have them checked off and use my allowances elsewhere. So far I have the Namazu, Moogles, Pixies, and Qitari at Bloodsworn and the Dwarves, Ananta, and Kojin at Sworn while everyone else is leveled nowhere impressive. Honestly, the only other beast tribe I care about is the Sylphs, because they have a music scroll attached to their progress and I want it, but ARR beast tribes suuuuuuuuck. The fact that they keep adding all their top tier rewards (mounts) in the Moogle Tomestone events means they KNOW they suck and no one wants to bother with them. I wish they'd just rework them like they did the rest of ARR. I'll probably do the Vanu Vanu or Vath tribes first before even touching the Sylphs, mainly to just get them done and hope that do get fixed somewhere down the line before I finish up every other beast tribe.

I FINALLY get a day off tomorrow and it is gonna be MONSTER HUNTER RISE TIME BABBBBYYYY! I wanna see if I can finish up all the village quests and get a new set of armor too! I think I might go for the Jelly set, mainly because I like the skill on it and it's unique looking.

Really want to get back to Dragon's Dogma, but alas, not yet!
Simply Unknown
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote:Welcome to the forum and thread, Shibuya!

---

Tried my luck at the Childe banner in Genshin. First roll got me Rosaria, which is real nice because I'd like to keep owning all the 4* characters for collections sake. I had about 30 more rolls saved up, aaaaannnnd, nothing. I'm not about to drop money on the game atm, so Ima just let Childe go, again. He'll be back and I'm not hurting for him either, so ehhh. I don't really feel like grinding primos right now and I'd much rather play something else, so Genshin is shelved until there's something worth playing for again.
Sorry that you had the reverse of my luck, Bluie. 55 pulls got me Childe, but no Rosaria. I'm not too upset about this as I know I'll get her eventually when she either shows up in the shop or on the permanent banner, and Childe is one of the 5-stars I really wanted to get. I don't know why I like him really, but I do.

Other than Genshin, which has mostly been daily commissions and the new challenges, which I hate, I've been waiting for the Part 3 DLC of Our Life to come out, which it will on the 16th. It's a really cute game and I definitely don't mind paying what I would for a regular game in order to double my content for this one. I have a few MCs I want to play as, and having 5 new events will be really fun for me!

If you enjoy happy and charming VNs with a very customizable MC and an adorably dorky friend/love interest, I recommend picking Our Life up. The base game is free too!
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Cleared PoOT for the first time today. I put my thoughts on it in the impressions thread. I think that brings it to four games off the backlog so far this year. Now I think I will probably switch gears to work on Dragon Quest 11 or Nexomon.
Daikon boy
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I'm on chapter 3 of cold steel, trying to also finish up 3rd before I get TOO far. (I'm on chapter 5 and I went around doing a couple of doors. I still have one more star door and some sun doors to do, but the sun doors will probably be left for later.) But, it needs to be updated for some reason. I don't know why it needs an update? I haven't updated it yet, so I can't play it, I guess. But I'm not super enthusiastic about it anymore anyways. I have to go finish up the rest of my free day in cold steel, and then I can progress the story again. Cold steel definitely feels...different from sky, and I miss the old portraits. I loved the combat in sky and Its not like I don't in cold steel. It's just different. I'm having a good time with the game though. Really hope they actually ever decide to translate the crossbell games and sooner rather than later.

Trying to figure out if phantasy star 2 and 3 are worth playing or not too. It's hard to figure that out. I'm not gonna play them right now or for awhile, but I wanna know if I should play them or not someday. Just dunno if they're worth trying to experience or not? Is the story alright? That sort of thing? Also vaguely tempted to grab ecco the dolphin someday for nostalgias sake (and actually be able to save it too!) But I don't know that I'd actually like the gameplay all that much. But it's a lot more expensive to feed batteries into my old second hand Sega genesis I've had since I was a kid, than to just pop a dollar into steam so I can play it wherever and whenever I want.
I'm definitely not buying ecco now, but maybe someday in the future, especially if I have someone else to play it with and a controller to hook up to my computer.

I also know I'm probably going to buy the grandia games, and maybe zwei (ilvard) next chance I get. I need more computer games. Once I finish 3rd I won't really have much left to play there, and nothing close enough to what I'm looking for there. I'll probably have spent nearly 200 hours on the sky games altogether by the time I'm done. I'll need something to fill the niche (and I kind of need it right now) so I want to get those games when I have the chance to. And zwei. Dunno where Zwei is gonna fall. I also just really want to play them, and they go on sale for ten dollars so it's perfectly affordable. I just. Have to wait.

Other than that, I still need to play more ys soon. I've just been in a cold steel mood whenever I turn on my ps4, so. It'll happen, just might be a little bit longer. I'll probably play a little star ocean instead in the meantime, since it's handheld and I'm enjoying the game. Just need to remember to look something up before I play it next time. Maybe on the weekend?
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ime, whichever sub-series you try first (Sky, Cold Steel, etc) will be the one you forever like best. Cold Steel is definitely my favourite, over the Sky games or the Crossbell games. But then, I was never a fan of old-school pixel graphics and teeny sprites with portraits because the models are too tiny to see...even when the graphics have been upgraded to something quite smooth. I love the combat system in Cold Steel and didn't have any particular affection for Sky's. I just love stacking buffs via armor and orbments in Cold Steel, to supercharge my characters in whatever direction best suits them. (I always make Rean a canceller/delayer and Fie an evasion tank, for example. Typical stuff, nothing unusual.)

Also, Olivier is at his most hilarious in the Sky games...that is one definite perk, imo :) Plus Falcom loves their tropes. They have a stock of them they keep on hand to whip out and chop up, throw in a blender and whir around to pour out into a new game. So whichever game you play first is going to feel the most original and unique, because you haven't already grown used to the plot devices they tend to use.

Well, that's my opinion, anyway. Fortunately, even though they're both by Falcom, Ys tropes are different from Trails tropes, so playing Sky and Cold Steel doesn't wear out the freshness of Lacrimosa of Dana.