Rune Factory 5 Official Discussion Thread v1

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The games were made by different teams. Hakama is separate of Marvelous. Still under them, but they are their own studio, so it's different people working on and heading up each project. Plus this is Rune Factory's comeback game. They're playing it really safe, imo. (Which I don't mind and think is probably a good idea for RF5.) This game feels very similar to RF4, to me, down to almost every mechanic we've seen so far, including Seed and the request board and whatever they call Orders in this game. Making?

EDIT: Oh hey, another little video clip. Mostly taming a monster and then interacting with it, and a tiiiiny bit of farming at the end.
RodCopper Fishin
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I love RF ducks :lol: I remember the dancing ducks in the console games and they’d just stop and play little music and boogie. My « Harvest Goddess » I would die for them
mario_0345
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

So this is something that just popped into my head, but if you frequent sites that have info on the switch you have probably heard of the "Switch Pro" so my question is do you think the footage that we have been seeing is from a normal switch version or from a "Switch Pro" version?
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

mario_0345 wrote:So this is something that just popped into my head, but if you frequent sites that have info on the switch you have probably heard of the "Switch Pro" so my question is do you think the footage that we have been seeing is from a normal switch version or from a "Switch Pro" version?
I think it's the normal Switch. It might be a breach of conduct if Marvelous showed off footage of the game running on the rumored Switch Pro when it hasn't even been announced.
Luchina
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I keep thinking that the game’s visuals has gotten better in such a short amount of time.
For the life of me, I can’t figure out how to embed tweets.
Last edited by Luchina on Apr 09, 2021 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Embedding tweets is really easy, I'll show ya :) All you have to do is poke the TWEET button, which is right above where you write your post, and then paste in just the tweet's identification number. In the case of what you want to embed, that would look like this (except you have to use square brackets [] instead of round ones):

(tweet)1380430286630973441(/tweet)
Luchina
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Thanks Kikki!

I wonder if that character in the background is a npc, she looks like from SEED but her hair is too dark to be Scarlett.
Blue chicken
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Sorry late coming to all of this, is there same « Chicken Hugging » marriage in the game that we know of?
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

You're welcome, Luchina :)

~

No, there's been no hint so far that same-gender marriage has been included. No screenshots or anything that show dating or marriage between two boys or two girls that we've seen, at this point. So far people aren't feeling very optimistic that there is, but it has been neither confirmed nor denied in any official capacity.

~

EDIT: I saw two character videos a couple of days ago but I ignored them. Now there are two more and I feel bad continuing to ignore them even though I thought they might have been posted before, so here they are, from Bokumono PR...Reinhart, Scarlet, Martin and Priscilla:
Spoiler:
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Blue chicken wrote:Sorry late coming to all of this, is there same « Chicken Hugging » marriage in the game that we know of?
Well, they said the mc can romance "all the 6 characters at the same time", so the chances are as low as it gets, because if there was s/s romance, then it would have been 12.
Add that to the heavy emphasis on the o/s match ups in the promotional stuff, to the fact the person directing has given terrible excuses to not include s/s marriage before and to the fact that they are animating marriage scenes making it even more likely to piss off homophobes if they included, then i would say it would take a miracle for them to include lol
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Here's a quick clip of a boss fight. I think that's what this is, anyway. That monster looks like he has annoying AoE attacks. Attack the main body while avoiding the tentacles, I think the tweet is saying. Doesn't look easy to do that though, lol.
Luchina
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I don’t think RF5 has s/s marriage since they would have mentioned it when they were giving out details about the romance but if RF does include s/s marriage, it will probably happen like it started in FE so each gender has one option. It doesn’t bother me, especially with an established MC, but I know people think that’s lazy.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

There's not much info in this clip, I don't think, but it does give a shot of the town in autumn:
Luchina
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I know it’s basically the same as RF4’s but I’m not really liking the UI; it looks too busy. Or maybe I’m just used to the promo videos not showing it.

That glimpse of the town looks more rustic than the other glimpses we’ve gotten. It looks kinda ugly and it reminds me a bit of ANB, which made me wonder for a bit if we were getting some town building/customization (I really doubt it). Looking at the art of the town, I think my issue is the ground texture has a lot of brown and it’s a bit low quality overall.

I keep going back and forth on how good the game looks, and I wish they would just give us a proper look.
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Luchina wrote:I know it’s basically the same as RF4’s but I’m not really liking the UI; it looks too busy. Or maybe I’m just used to the promo videos not showing it.

SNIP
Yeah it looks more like a PC game, which by the way, I would totally get if it came out on PC.

But I'm playing on a Switch Lite, so those little icons can really bother me. Actually the worse for me was reading some of the text in FE3H, I actually had to wear my reading glasses to make out the text. My poor eyes. I got the Lite cause I have no intentions of ever playing on the TV, but man I could really use a bigger screen.