Backlog 2021

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

My mind and soul is locked on PoOT. I still play AC buuuuutttttt lol.

PoOT: I’m almost done with the main plot, waiting for the last request to make it’s presence known. I’m dating both Damon and Jack, with Damon ready for proposal. However, I’m holding off buying the blue feather as I want to see the rest of Jack’s events. Plus I like the idea of them fighting over me lol
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I am suddenly not in the mood to play my Switch. I think it stems from still not wanting to hit Monster Hunter really hard again atm and the fact that tomorrow has FFXIV's next big update. I was gonna wait on the current Genshin event to cycle through all it's waiting (ie 'unlocks in 2 days'), but I'm now in the mood to work on it. I also think because I can't have access to the PS4 in the evenings now, due to my husband playing Monster Hunter and voice chatting, I just want more time with it when it's available. I don't mind playing in handheld mode for a little bit, but usually once my husband starts VC, I tend to just go to bed.

I did recently buy myself Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics , because it was on sale for 30$ at my workplace and I do enjoy little bursts of card games and whatever else when I'm tired but bored and don't want to go to bed yet. I am terribly bad at Hanafuda, but the cards sure are nice to look at! I am looking forward to pretty much dabbling in all the 51 games from time to time.

The more I think on it, the more I really REALLY want to play Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny. I was thinking I could wait until after I finish Nier Replicant, but that's still 10+ days away! IDK, I may just start the 7 day PSNow trial so I can at least try it, and then commit if I know I can see myself finishing the game. The wait for Rune Factory 5 is slowly starting to chip away at me and I would love to play a game in the series I haven't yet. While I have RF4 Special, I have played that game to death and really don't want to play it through for a 4th time. Ar NoSurge is another thing because I want to finally play the second half of the story I consider to be my favorite Visual Novel of all time. « Harvest Goddess » bless the YTer that translated the ENTIRE GAME on their channel and let me experience the brilliant narrative that is Ciel Nosurge. I'm forever upset Koei only gave us the 2nd part of a duology, but Ar Nosurge is a JPRG, so I suppose they thought it'd sell better. It's in English and available, so I am going to be partaking in it regardless. Still waffling on Eternal Sonata, because I've wanted to try it since I was in high school when it was new, but I've heard the PS3 version is more difficult and grindy than its XBOX 360 counterpart.

Regardless, despite my work schedule, I do have time to breathe when it comes to video games. I took a long hard look at this year's upcoming games, and I found I'm willing to wait on most of them, because they're going to be drowning in DLC and I'd rather wait until they're done (OR, I've played them before and will partake in the remaster later). So, I only plan on getting Nier Replicant, New Pokémon Snap, Monster Hunter Stories 2, Rune Factory 5, Pokemon Brilliant Diamond, and FFXIV Endwalker. Seems like a lot, but they're all either quite spread out or don't have dates yet, so I have pockets of nothing. I've already paid for two of these games as well quite some time ago, so only having 4 release to worry about wallet wise means I can afford a few months in PSNow if I really end up needing it. There might be some more surprise releases or E3 might drop something on us, but for now, this is my plan. It'd have to be something pretty big for me to want it, because I'm generally satisfied gaming wise lately and 2022 already has 3 big games I need/want, so I'm all set.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I've gotten to a tedious part of Littlewood, where I'm pretty advanced in most things, so everything that's left to do requires either rare items (RNG!) or a LOT of dewdrops. I'm tryin to save a ridiculous 25,000 of them to get a wedding ring, to marry Dark. Which is nuts. The town can be expanded 3 times, and all those expansions together come to 30,000. A wedding ring should NOT cost nearly the same as three town expansions, imo.

I have 16 or 17 of the Grand Library books now, and just one villager left since he won't appear in town until you have 20 books. I could at least talk to him daily, if I wanted, but I just don't care. There doesn't seem to be any benefit to befriending villagers. Fixing up their houses, yes, or doing their requests, sure, but befriending them seems to have no benefits at all.

The stuff-to-do is super fun in this game, though, to the point where the lacklustre social scene doesn't feel like it matters. Though it'd be awesome if that were as much fun as the rest. I have half of my upgradeable locations and buildings maxed, now, and Dark has all 10 hearts filled, I've been on the piddly 3 dates you can go on, and he's at level 67. I haven't unlocked the extra balloon perk of large FP boosts, so it's goign slow, but it doesn't matter, since it's going to take me forever to get enough dewdrops to buy that ring. When it finally shows up in the auction house, that is, which is also down to RNG.

The game has been great, but I feel that later game...once you've gotten most things 70% done...is poorly balanced. It's more tedious than fun, now. Gonna call it quits once I get married, I guess, though I suppose I could play it once in a while to max out other things. Right now I'm just visiting all the locations daily to see what RNG has thrown out that day, hoping it'll be one of the rarities I still need.

EDIT: Forgot to say, but I'm happy to announce that I now have the max allowed of every field and tree crop :)

EDIT 2: Remembered more about what I was doing after playing a while again, and here are the goals I think are each okay as a point where you could say you finished the game. Not sure how many of these I'll aim for.
Spoiler:
  • Get married (done)
  • Get ALL villagers into Littlewood (done)
  • Achieve 'Perfect' town beauty rating (done)
  • Complete all town wishes (done)
  • Complete the Grand Library (done)
  • Unlock all travel points (done)
  • Upgrade all travel points and buildings to maximum (could or could not include personal houses)
  • Get all achievements
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Finished up all the currently released normal content in FFXIV 5.5. Overall a very good patch with the highlight being the NieR raid conclusion. If you are even slightly a fan of the NieR duology or the series it's a spinoff from, it's a big bag of fanservice. I managed to snag one of the hairstyles (2B) that I literally can't use lmao, and in doing my second run I got nothing. ...Yaaaay. Gonna try again tomorrow after my shift and see if I can snag literally anything. I reallllllly want the minions and music scrolls.

Also gonna finish up the Genshin event tomorrow as I just need to do the last area and then the other quest to claim my new little pet for keepsies.

Once I have both of those done, IDK, see how i'm feeling / if the hubbo needs the TV.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm done Littlewood! Kind of surprising, since I only started playing it on the 10th. I played it quite a lot, though. I consider myself finished now, because I got all the residents into Littlewood by building their homes, I completed the Library, I unlocked every travel destination, and I upgraded every building and location to maximum, except for three of them, which still have one step left each (but I'm missing a rare item for each of them.) I expanded twice, but I didn't really need the extra space, tbh, so I haven't done the third town expansion.

I don't really want to play seriously any more because at this point, it's just jumping from day to day, hoping RNG will give me another sky stone, or that I'll FINALLY be able to catch that fish I've been needing. It's rerolling each day for rares. Not fun if you take it too seriously. So I may go back on once in a while and complete the interior of a villager's house, if I want to, or build the exotic pet enclosure (it's cosmetic) or stuff like that, but all the meat of the game is already complete.

Feels good to get another game crossed off the list, but I don't think I'll be rolling right into the next game. There's just so much to do, and so, so much going on, with the business, and my dad's surgery, and my grandmother, and one other family member I can't even talk about, lol. This would be a weird and hectic year even without covid.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki Would you say Littlewood would be worth it? I have a little money left and looking into it.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hmmm...

It's so subjective, but...yes? It's not expensive, and you'll get quite a lot of hours out of it. It's simple but there's a lot to do, and you can customize quite a lot, if you're into that, since you can terraform and put down paths and so on. It's a game that I would call a completionist's dream, if that completionist enjoys continual feedback in the form of the perks you get for upgrading all the things around you. There are always a lot of goals to be working toward. If you want it compared to other games...I'd call this a blend of Stardew Valley (SV specifically, rather than Bokumono), Animal Crossing and Fantasy Life, as you spend your time in a pixel world, raising cliffs and creating lakes, while going out each day to be a fisherman, or a lumberjack, or a miner, a farmer, etc. It pays to stick to certain tasks each day since you can get boosts for up to 3 of them to help you level up faster. That made it feel a bit like Fantasy Life.

The dialogue is shallow. I mean, some of it is super cute, but it feels young, to me. The ending credits were great, though. I saw them after I got married and you need to stay tuned, as all kinds of scenes happen while they're rolling. (I saw my name in them, too...that was fun.)

I like the stamina = time mechanic, personally. It feels like there's no rush, but you can whiz through the day really fast, if you want to just set to a task. Eventually in late game a new mechanic comes up that lets you further customize how time/stamina is used, which makes going for 100% completion a lot more appealing. Also, the upgrades on some of the buildings and locations are VERY helpful and make it more fun to keep playing even when everything you need has become really rare.

Whether you would like it or not, though, Shan, I'm not sure. If you have questions I can answer them, but I can't definitively say if it'd be worth it for you. It is for ME, but...

(Oh and I'd say the replayability is very low. I probably won't replay this until it's been long enough that I've forgotten most of what happened in it.)
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

So I've given up on Cozy Grove. It's cute and the ghosts have grown on me, but it's all about those fetch quests and waiting until tomorrow to progress. Once I finished my 30-minute playthrough, there's nothing left for me to do. It's a nice idea, but it's not for me.

I have been playing the new update for TemTem. I love all the new Temtem that are showing up and I need to switch my party around.

I progressed further in Golden Sun Dark Dawn and got my 5th party member.

I helped Gulliver out again in New Horizons. Really hoping this is the 30th time I've helped him because I really want that golden shovel recipe.

And that's it from me.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ronin If you check your nook mile goals, it’ll show you how many times you’ve help him up to 20.
Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I got my Golden Shovel recipe today! So anyone who doesn't TT and has been playing (and not skipping Gulliver) since launch should be getting it soon.

The Nook Mile is worthless for counting. It only goes up to 20, and it counts both Gulliver and Gullivaar, so you'll have it done in 20 weeks, where the Golden Shovel recipe takes 60 weeks minimum to complete (using the new visitor schedule and only counting guaranteed visits). A more reliable way is taking how many rusted parts you have (add 30 for the Robot Hero if you crafted it) and dividing by 2. The most reliable way is, of course, just manually tracking his visits through any secondary method. Most people count items he's given them, but I find that unreliable because I decorate with and trade them.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The pirate stuff doesn’t interest me so.....
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I'm still revisiting post game stuff in OW and PoOT as well as checking in on my Animal Crossing island. I haven't decided which game to buckle down and work on playing yet, though I have been using Ring Fit a lot more consistently lately.

I figured out how to set up a custom set of exercises, which I set to work on back/core to see if that would help with some back issues I've been dealing with, and it seems to help at least to feel a bit looser and that's something I can be very thankful for when some days (or nights :x ) I am getting up in a lot of pain or crazy stiff. I do like how it's more encouraging than Wii Fit was. "You seem a little stiff today" - Wii Fit trainer.
"No kidding, hope I don't have a heart attack yet" - Me. (Not even responding to the rude balance board.)
"Great job on your X day! You did other exercises too, good for you!" - Ring Fit (Plus all the pep from Ring)
"Whew, I am pooped. I wonder if I can go for longer tomorrow?" - Me
Is it just me or do Ring and Dragaux seem like exes with bad blood? I always feel like an awkward third wheel that got pulled into their drama whenever they go at it and talk about my character. Yeah, I'm standing right here Ring. Are you sure you guys are really done? Lol.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Ring Fit's niceness is a large part of why I didn't give up on it. (I got a "Great job sticking with it" for my workout tonight.) :lol: Ring and Dragaux though...their yammering was never any fun. The rest of the game's cast is pretty cute though.

--
Still chugging away on Genshin. Taking an artifact farming break to get more characters up to ascension 4, level 6 talents before I go back to it. I feel like I'm getting a better handle on team comps though - two cycled the ice plant for the first time today. That's always fun. :D

I love Endora. They're a precious baby and I honestly don't want Mihoyo to fix the bug of Endora staying around for combat. And I love their booger animation. :lol:

1.5 livestream is on Friday, iirc.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote:Ronin If you check your nook mile goals, it’ll show you how many times you’ve help him up to 20.
That doesn't really matter when Pirate Gulliver also counts towards that goal.
Arcy wrote:I got my Golden Shovel recipe today! So anyone who doesn't TT and has been playing (and not skipping Gulliver) since launch should be getting it soon.
Well, I didn't get mine today, so I'm hoping I'm getting close! It's a matter of luck too.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The Wii mostly said, "Wow, you're really strong!" to me. Though it did have a rather insulting noise it made when it forced you to be weighed, lol, if you were even one pound over ... I think it was your BMI range it was judging by? I don't think the Wii would be praising my strength any longer, though. I was a monster 10 years ago who did 5 hours of weight training every week on top of 5 hours of interval running, and then everything collapsed the winter when I was 32, and from then on I became increasingly pathetic, lol. The Wii would probably be pretty mean, these days.

I find the gameplay loop of Ring Fit really annoying, lol. I don't dislike Ring or the feedback, but the continual loop of fighting three of this or that, eventually meeting up with Drageaux, beating him, and then him flapping away and either he or Ring declaring that we would fight again, some day...argh. Basically for me it's pretty cool as a workout, but absolutely awful as a game. Not that I think they could ever really make an exercise routine that fun of a game. I actually liked the Wii's running courses better than Ring Fit's, though.

I ignore Gulliver. The VERY FIRST gift he gave me was the only one I ever cared about. The Easter Island head, Moai statue, whatever you wanna call it. (Actually...was that my first one, or second? The first one might have been some kind of hat, I can't remember for sure how.) I'm more willing to help Gullivarr because I only have to go fish up one thing, but digging 5 parts can be time-consuming and I never found it fun, so...nah. I don't care about the golden tools anyway, since they also break. They don't even last THAT much longer. I've created two golden slingshots but it didn't seem like they were all that much sturdier since it broke pretty soon. I'd rather use my gold on other things.

You can probably see how many times regular Gulliver has visited you by going into your catalogue and counting how many Gulliver items you have. (Including colour variations if you've already looped into receiving a new version of the same items.)

I'm not playing anything right now, but I might go on sometime today to check villager house interiors in Littlewood and see if I can complete any of them. A few of the pages have pretty good rewards.