Super Lucky Lotto...Not

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Well it all started out pretty good when I hit the 75% bazaar and got the Rare Coin Lotto. Over maybe 9 bazaars, I won 4 magic waters, 2 pink diamonds and some other gems to make jewelry.

Then yesterday's bazaar it was nothing but 6th place - scrap metal 12 times in a row. Which made me reset of course - that was not acceptable. I'd want at least a couple of 3~5th place prizes for 150,000g worth of gold coins. Not trying to make gold, just trying to make jewelry to sell to meet bazaar goals.

So does Super Lucky Lotto dry up after a while? Was it just an absolute unlucky RNG streak to get 6th place like 100 times in a row? I was so annoyed I just bought 10 gems from Diego and other ore from Lloyd and gave up.

/grumble grumble
HMaddict:)
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I'm thinking you just got reeeaaally unlucky. I wouldn't think it'd "dry up" since it is completly random. Maybe you were just really lucky the first few times. I mean you won the Grand Prize 4 times and you can only win it 5 times. Lucky you...I'm jealous. >_>
Mothership
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I've gotten 1st place once, so far. Mostly it's scrap metal, though. It's annoying, but I'm too lazy to repeatedly reset so I just take what I can get.
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Can you only win magic water 5 times or can only drink 5 of them? They sell for 25k to Raul (I just highlight-checked the price) and some guy who wants to marry Emiko can use them as gifts. Also when you get one, save it until you're almost dead from body-trolling then drink it for full-health. Not get all excited and drink it right away for no effect, like my first one. =P

Yeah, I'll be more realistic and patient. The winning scrap ore does sell for like 4~500g since they're higher stars than the junk you get from ore stones.
HMaddict:)
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Murasaki wrote:Can you only win magic water 5 times or can only drink 5 of them? They sell for 25k to Raul (I just highlight-checked the price) and some guy who wants to marry Emiko can use them as gifts. Also when you get one, save it until you're almost dead from body-trolling then drink it for full-health. Not get all excited and drink it right away for no effect, like my first one. =P

Yeah, I'll be more realistic and patient. The winning scrap ore does sell for like 4~500g since they're higher stars than the junk you get from ore stones.
yeah you can only get mystic water 5 times since it is a VERY useful item. It increases your maximum stamina so I would highly advise NOT to sell it or give it away. This is what the site wrote...
The grand prize is Magic Water, which when consummed, will increase your Stamina bar by 20 points. You can only win the Magic Water five times, meaning you can only increase your maximum Stamina limit by 100 points. If you decide to give the Magic Water as a gift instead of drinking it, then you will not gain the pernament Stamina benefit
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hmm. There goes That money making idea. =/
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Okay, first bazaar of summer and still getting nothing but junk - 3rd week in a row of only 6th place prizes. My theory is that it only works out in winter since that's when ore has a higher chance of showing up randomly. Cuz this is Not working. Blargh.
Jace
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Are you using gold coins for the lotto instead of copper or silver? I dont know if this is relevant but I "manufactured" some gold coins in the windmill for the lotto and whenever I try to use them I only get junk ore... wheras when I used copper or silver ones that I found I got good stuff like first place and emeralds.
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Jace wrote:Are you using gold coins for the lotto instead of copper or silver? I dont know if this is relevant but I "manufactured" some gold coins in the windmill for the lotto and whenever I try to use them I only get junk ore... wheras when I used copper or silver ones that I found I got good stuff like first place and emeralds.
Hmm. They're kinda mixed up. I found a couple of gold coins and made a whole bunch also. I get junk with the found coins too. The ones I used to win a whole pile of stuff, including the 4 magic waters over Fall/Winter last year were manufactured also.

It Must be seasonal. I'm just trying a few every week until Fall.
chuoqiu
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

What's the probability of getting something good from the lottery? o-o
Then again, you might as well do it since there's not much else to do with those coins.
LateForce
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I started to think that once you've won the grand prize (magic water) 5 times, then the luck is dried up.

I've been playing super lucky lotto for about 100+ times and in accumulation, I've collected 5 magic water, 2 pink diamonds, 2 diamonds, 14 emeralds, 10 agate, 32 fluorite, and uncounted scrap metal. Note that, when the 5th magic water obtained, I noticed that the woman says something different than what she usually say when you got the grand prize.

The problem is after that, all outcome of the lotto become a scrap metal. Yes, all of them. I've obtained all magic water since Spring Year 2, and the only thing I noticed was the quality of the scrap metal from the lotto is increased to 3.5 or 4.0 star (idk if it's because of the year or what). I conclude this as "dried up" because I've been spending another try for about 50+ times and they all exchanged for a scrap metal. Of course it is unacceptable, what an unholy bad luck! So I reset it and try it again, yet the outcome is still the same. Pile of scrap metal. Then I reset the game again and separate it into about 10 tries per bazaar. Still pile of scrap metal. Geez, Kevin and Wilbur friendship maxed out after that.

Still need more testing and information about this, so I'd appreciate if someone could explain what's going on with this lotto. I still want to get some pink diamond though :(
(Currently in Fall Year 2)