Rune Factory 5 Official Discussion Thread v1

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:
azeala wrote:
Ariose-Ciel wrote:Does anyone know if you can have multiple children? It seems like it's possible with the
Spoiler:
Multiple hairstyles and possibly multiple personalities available?
But I can't find anyone who's had kids yet who can answer this question. Thanks in advance! :heart:
Spoiler:
Apparently you can have 3 children, two will be a set of twins.
Oh yeah someone posted screencaps of this on reddit if anyone wants photo proof (go to the 7th image): https://www.reddit.com/r/runefactory/co ... ots_about/
So according to that first screenshot, it seems like you will be able to change your children's clothes? (Or your eldest's at least). That's a relief; it would look a little odd if two of your kids were wearing the exact same thing all the time lol.

It also seems like your first kid is the one that gets the protagonist's coloring, while your twins get your spouse's.
Emurii
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Happy to share more impressions!

I'm still in my first spring (I have a toddler and can only play a little bit at night), so I haven't even met all of the marriage candidates yet, but I really enjoy the hang and the characters. Even the ones I didn't think I would like (*cough*Fuka*cough*) are charming, and although the portrait art is pretty kiddy on everyone, the 3D models and voices do a great job of making the characters feel like adults.

The events don't feel very random because you have an event marker on the map for every event that's available to you, but they're fun. I find this also makes the story progression easier, because you always know what you're supposed to do next. It's pretty easy to befriend people, so adventuring around with the different party members is fun.

Leveling up crops is insanely easy and will happen naturally, which is a nice change for someone like me who wants to enjoy the game without too much management.

I usually prefer shorter days (for that same reason), and the days in this game are very long, but there are always things to do and you can recover your stamina easily, so you always have goals to progress towards at all hours.

If there's a character you're interested in impressions on I'm happy to share - I like Martin a lot and have spent the most time with him, but am trying to work slowly on Murakumo and Reinhardt. For bachelorettes, I was most interested in Ludmilla, and I still don't have her. (I know she is a polarizing character type, so for reference, I love Tharja in FE.) I just unlocked Scarlett and I like her and Beatrice a lot. My favorite NPCs are Heinz, Misasagi, and Livia.
iloverainbow
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Watched a lot of streams and videos of people playing the game. Can't say I am not excited for the NA version and at least they still keep the "gender change" feature. I might bite...
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

runefactor wrote: Aaaa I'm super surprised indeed! So he bested Arthur? Whoa. I'm so happy reading positive comments about the characters because I'm not too fond of how the game looks so that was a bit disappointing but the characters (and the story too, to a lesser extent) are what really matters to me.

Rope, Ko, Em and anyone else who's playing the game, could you pleeeeeease share more of your opinions on the characters and the story? I'm most curious about how the story connects to the other games. I don't mind spoilers myself but maybe we should keep things vague atm for everyone who does...

Hnnnngh hype is coming back lol still on the Rein train, but Martin is def interesting too lol. Still open to anyone atm.

Also, how random are the town events in this game?
Hey Rune!! I was so super surprised too haha, my fav going in was Mura, but he's still my 2nd favorite overall. I'm really into most of the candidates this time around, and I think the only ones I'm not a fan of are Cecil (just really not my type and I find him boring but I'm sure some will love him) and Fuuka (her events come off extremely childish from what I've seen and heard)

Anyone in particular you want to know about? Honestly I spent most of my time skipping through the plot (so I can enjoy it in English when it comes around lmao) and just focused solely on stuff like farming and romance events lol. Trying not to play too much to the point where I burn out before the localization this time around

Worst aspects of the game are definitely the environments, bugs/framerate, and I gotta say I really dislike how long days are at times. If there was a way to speed up time (nap mechanic, or even spending time at the spa to move time) it would be better, but sometimes you have to wait until 21:00 at night which takes like 40 mins irl. I think I read somewhere that to get to 12am it's about 48 mins IRL which is just faaaaaaar too much imo. Especially when most town/character events are multiple days. If you're out dungeoning the slow time is great though, so there's a plus side to it as well.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

It says september 17 when I looked. I couldn’t add a picture so I copied the link.
https://marvelousgames.com/blogs/games
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:It says september 17 when I looked. I couldn’t add a picture so I copied the link.
https://marvelousgames.com/blogs/games

Sorry, didn’t realise it was the date of the announcement
RodCopper Fishin
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Questions about the kids! First of all, they look lovely :) Is their appearance chosen the day before the birth? And are the twins definitely boy/girl?
KonekoChan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

RodCopper Fishin wrote:Questions about the kids! First of all, they look lovely :) Is their appearance chosen the day before the birth? And are the twins definitely boy/girl?
their appearance is based on their personalities, which is decided by a question your spouse asks you the day you find out youre pregnant. every instance ive seen has them be boy/girl so far!
RodCopper Fishin
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

^ thank you! And yea same, I’ve only seen boy/girl twins so far. I want twin boys though lol so I hope it’s possible. I’m thinking because there are 3 designs for each gender it might be
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Here's sprite swapped Ares getting married to Murakumo. I think they make a very handsome couple :heart: Happy pride month: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E3BHWwHUcAg ... name=large
iloverainbow
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:Here's sprite swapped Ares getting married to Murakumo. I think they make a very handsome couple :heart: Happy pride month: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E3BHWwHUcAg ... name=large
Omg YASSS!! Gonna marry Reinhard when the game comes out in the west!

Happy Pride everyone! :lol: :lol: :lol:
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I'm glad everyone seems to be enjoying the characters. I was hoping they would be well written, especially Lucas. Excited about the children as well. Based off of the sprite swap wedding pics I have seen posted here, is it safe to assume all the guys have the one wedding outfit and all the girls have the one wedding dress? It doesn't bother me, just curious.

If the farming/fighting/dungeons seem as good as the characters are looking, I may seriously consider picking it up in English. I really couldn't get into RF4, but I didn't get very far in either. How does the gameplay of this entry compare? Better, worse, or about the same?
KonekoChan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

greensara wrote:I'm glad everyone seems to be enjoying the characters. I was hoping they would be well written, especially Lucas. Excited about the children as well. Based off of the sprite swap wedding pics I have seen posted here, is it safe to assume all the guys have the one wedding outfit and all the girls have the one wedding dress? It doesn't bother me, just curious.

If the farming/fighting/dungeons seem as good as the characters are looking, I may seriously consider picking it up in English. I really couldn't get into RF4, but I didn't get very far in either. How does the gameplay of this entry compare? Better, worse, or about the same?
yeah, it's all one wedding dress/one suit.

i'm going to be honest, i think it's about the same. at first i thought the transition to 3D was a little clunky, but there's some cool stuff in there, like the lock on feature that makes up for it. but being real, rune factory has a formula and they've pretty well stuck to it besides just making small quality of life improvements with every new game.

i think the game is EASIER to get going, because you're not limited to 1 quest per day like you were in rf4 in the beginning, so you can blow through stuff pretty fast if that's what you're into. there is a LOT to do. i've logged 130+ hours and i still have a lot of stuff i can do (requests, the postgame dungeon, maxing out skills, upgrading all the shops, the villa you can buy). i never bothered with any of that in any of the other rune factory games, so i'm not sure if it's just more fun for some reason in this game, or if ive just become more interested in doing stuff like that in the 10 years between titles.

i will say straight up: the dungeons are lame. not any worse than rf4, but there's no real puzzles, and it's pretty much just run, beat all the monsters in an area, go forward, repeat. it doesn't bother me (i dont really like spending time in dungeons), but it's not no zelda, that's for sure.
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

KonekoChan wrote:SNIP

i think the game is EASIER to get going, because you're not limited to 1 quest per day like you were in rf4 in the beginning, so you can blow through stuff pretty fast if that's what you're into. there is a LOT to do. i've logged 130+ hours and i still have a lot of stuff i can do (requests, the postgame dungeon, maxing out skills, upgrading all the shops, the villa you can buy). i never bothered with any of that in any of the other rune factory games, so i'm not sure if it's just more fun for some reason in this game, or if ive just become more interested in doing stuff like that in the 10 years between titles.

i will say straight up: the dungeons are lame. not any worse than rf4, but there's no real puzzles, and it's pretty much just run, beat all the monsters in an area, go forward, repeat. it doesn't bother me (i dont really like spending time in dungeons), but it's not no zelda, that's for sure.
Curious if you might know. The one real issue I had with RF4S that I had forgotten about after playing RF4 so long ago, was the grind. At one point, to finish the MQ there was so much grinding to improve skills, so you could make items, so you could take on the next dungeon to move the story forward. It was nearly painful to keep playing at that point, just to get to the end. Does RF5 hit a major wall like that continuing through the MQ story?
Katze
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

LeBurns wrote:
KonekoChan wrote:SNIP

Curious if you might know. The one real issue I had with RF4S that I had forgotten about after playing RF4 so long ago, was the grind. At one point, to finish the MQ there was so much grinding to improve skills, so you could make items, so you could take on the next dungeon to move the story forward. It was nearly painful to keep playing at that point, just to get to the end. Does RF5 hit a major wall like that continuing through the MQ story?
I don’t feel like there’s a grind in RF5 at all. I’m playing on Hard and even then it’s a very, VERY easy game because for some reason you level insanely fast so I’ve been 10+ levels above the recommended level for each dungeon without even trying. I do try keep my gear up to a decent standard but I haven’t crafted anything crazy strong, just basic stuff without any upgrades. And you tend to find pretty good gear from treasure chests in dungeons often so you could probably beat the main story without crafting at all if you really wanted to, I think.

Then again if I’m being honest I didn’t have any trouble with RF4 until the post-game dungeon either. So I can’t guarantee that your experience with RF5 will be like mine...but you can change difficulty at any point in the game I believe, so if you feel like you’re having to grind to proceed the story you can always just change the difficulty to Easy.