GAY WEDDINGS? In RF5

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
JayDucky03
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

ANYONE WATCHING THE DIRECT? HOLY « Cow Poopoo »??

Sorry I’m so excited
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

BRO IT WAS AAAAAAAAA
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

If it's in, we almost definitely have Xseed to thank for it. I suspect this may be why the game got delayed to next year, here...that doesn't exist in the Japanese game, so perhaps Xseed is doing a lot of additional stuff to get it in there.
JayDucky03
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:If it's in, we almost definitely have Xseed to thank for it. I suspect this may be why the game got delayed to next year, here...that doesn't exist in the Japanese game, so perhaps Xseed is doing a lot of additional stuff to get it in there.
I bet you’re correct. I’m so grateful ❤️
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I know some people were already crushed by it not being in the Japanese release, so this is a surprise that we'd get it here since it would require a fair bit of jiggering things about, but I really suspect Xseed went to bat for it. They've always been in favour of the inclusion, as far as I know. I wonder if they added extra scenes or changed existing ones, or if they were able to simply remove the gender restriction and use what was already in there.
midnighttherabbit
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I'm SO happy, I actually couldn't believe it when I saw the live and had to go check I wasn't imagining it. I feel bad for Japanese fans that it wasn't included in the original but I'm really glad XSeed took so much extra time to add this in. I was on the fence about buying it but now I can't wait!
JayDucky03
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

midnighttherabbit wrote:I'm SO happy, I actually couldn't believe it when I saw the live and had to go check I wasn't imagining it. I feel bad for Japanese fans that it wasn't included in the original but I'm really glad XSeed took so much extra time to add this in. I was on the fence about buying it but now I can't wait!
Same! I recently got Kitaria Fables as I heard people say it was similar to Rune Factory so I could fill that hole in my heart for the next year lol. Now I'll have two games for that :P
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I honestly didn't believe it when I first saw it? Entirely because it was an animation, and not in game models. Assuming there's an animation like that for everyone there would have to be some sort of...procedural system in place that puts models together, but. Even then it would have to be checked for odd clipping and whatnot.

I wonder if all of this even WAS done by Xseed and wasn't just...requested by them and eventually thrown back to the development studio? This would be a GDC talk I would like to see.

But either way, MAJOR congrats to everyone who never gave up demanding better of Xseed and Marvelous! Incredible news! :D
Floh
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

midnighttherabbit wrote:I'm SO happy, I actually couldn't believe it when I saw the live and had to go check I wasn't imagining it.
Same here.
I was like "stop, was it just a female looking younger male MC or did I see two brides there?".
Spoiler:
I love it. :heart:
JayDucky03
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Floh wrote:
midnighttherabbit wrote:I'm SO happy, I actually couldn't believe it when I saw the live and had to go check I wasn't imagining it.
Same here.
I was like "stop, was it just a female looking younger male MC or did I see two brides there?".
Spoiler:
I love it. :heart:
That's gonna be my pc wallpaper for a while :lala: :lala: :lala:
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I don't think it could be done in-house by Xseed. I think they could probably do a little bit of programming tweaking, if necessary? But I don't think they have the personnel to create whole new sections of the game, if that had to be added...it's just not what they do, as far as I know. (Though I do think they could write new dialogue themselves, if it was needed.)
mario_0345
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

https://imgur.com/seck3cd
https://imgur.com/0s7mtL3

Hmm... this is surprising, since they went as far as to give the weddings their own animation, if it was just a last minute addition I don't think they would have gone that far. Weren't you able to actually propose to a love interest of the same « Chicken Hugging » in the base JP game, you just couldn't get married to them.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Confirmation trailer already, yay!

Imo it depends entirely on WHAT was added as to what Xseed did? Since we don't know exactly what was added, we don't know who did what. It depends entirely on new content there is, what software was needed, what expertise is required.

Animation is not programming, but I'm still guessing that even if the animations can be changed in the code they would have to be altered by hand. From the trailer...models are far enough apart to not need editing unless there's an animated kiss? (If they can be changed in code it would quite literally be copying a line and changing the name variables. MOST people can do that.)

Honestly at this point I hope this is enough to make Japanese fans throw a fit. Because they should. It's nice for the rest of us but, they'll have to be upset once they start finding out. :/
Simply Unknown
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Can I just say I love the music from the trailer Kikki posted? It's just so cheerful! And I like the voices that I heard so far, though I wish they showed all of the speakers so I can match them to the person more accurately. And gay marriage is awesome! I wonder if it's something you have to select at the beginning of the game or if they'll be going the bisexual route? Probably the latter as it doesn't require any extra coding, but still.