If you could have one HM/SoS game being ported to the switch

SNES, HM64, BTN, STH, A Wonderful Life, Another Wonderful Life, AWL:SE, Magical Melody, Puzzle de HM, Tree of Tranquility, Animal Parade, Frantic Farming, Hero of Leaf Valley, My Little Shop, Seeds of Memories, Lil' Farmers, Light of Hope, Popolocrois: SoS, and Doraemon: SoS.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I would say Trio of Towns and Animal Parade.
Rissa
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

If deciding between Wii games, I'd say Animal Parade and Tree of Tranquility. (Someone suggested them being released as a pack and I totally back that idea up!)

But if it were handheld, I'd hope for Trio of Towns or Harvest Moon: DS/Harvest Moon DS: Cute. I think if they did a remake of Harvest Moon DS/DS Cute, it could be really popular. Especially if they improved on things like placing buildings, what's considered littering if you throw an object, animal care improvements, etc. I also wouldn't mind an improvement on HM: ToTT. :lala:
iLoveSprites75
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I would have to say DS Cute, but an actual port, not a remake (I mean, I would definitely be happy with a remake anyway) due to nostalgia. It was my first HM game!
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Either Animal Parade or DS/Cute would be my choice for a port (with added gay marriage this time) since both are extra nostalgic for me. I think Animal Parade would probably work better on the Switch but if they fixed some of the glitches on DS I wouldn't rule it out.

Mostly I just want a sort of remake set in Forget-Me-Not-Valley using the characters from DS/AWL and elements from both games, though. :heart:
JayDucky03
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Mikodesu wrote:Excluding all of the licensing headaches that would make it impossible... A Wonderful Life would be really neat to see on better hardware. That would probably be my favorite, with Animal Parade taking a close second. Both would still look reasonably good for how old they are, though AWL might be a little too...long winded for modern audiences. :/

Of the handhelds +1 for Trio. I dunno how it would look on a TV, but with a little upscaling it would look great handheld on the Switch, so why not?
Yes these two. 100%
AWL is my favorite game of all time.

I’d also appreciate Tale of Two Towns but that one’s not quite as popular.