Backlog 2021

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I was constantly getting lost in Yonder it seemed like until I nearly got through the game. Is it any easier to get around or figure out where things are (particularly where you are) in this one? I liked Yonder all right, but after clearing all the murk and finishing the story, I was pretty much done with it and not looking for a replay.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yes, there's no problem getting around. Basically, you live on or below the World Tree, which has largely withered. Through alchemy and other magic, you're able to create and grow world seeds (can't remember actual name) and each one will make a branch of the tree blossom with a little self-contained world. It starts out basically a withered world and you have to make each branch come back to life. So each section is (so far) relatively small and not hard to get around. You're in charge of the layout of most of your home base area, as you build your town down there.

Personally, I couldn't get myself to finish Yonder, but I doubt that'll be a problem with this one!

QUESTION for anyone playing Grow:

My hunch is that everyone starts with an identical first seed, as it is given to you, not one you create for yourself, which will grow the same starter branch for everyone...for me that starter branch is called Acres of the Generous and can ultimately become a
Spoiler:
lush, fairly green place. I don't know if the starter world varies for anybody. What's cool is that you can rename them...so maybe the names are randomized?

Then I think (I have no confirmation, so all speculation!) that from then on, as you are choosing out your own essences and creating your own world seeds, that every world you have from then on will be unique. I made 2 new seeds as soon as I could, using my rarest essences...I used the max of 5 types, so 10 per. My second world is called Zen Retreat, and it's a pale green soil world with pink-purple grass. I made it with equal parts 'Cute, Bitter, Sparkly, Tranquil and Warm'. (I don't know what the flowers or trees look like, yet.) My third world is a snow and ice world with what may end up being pale yellow grass...it's called Sparkly Haven. It's made of equal parts 'Dry, Icy, Parched, Sparkly and Tranquil'.
So if anyone else is playing...did you get the same worlds as me, or did you get entirely different stuff? It'd be pretty darned special if we are creating entirely different World Trees through our alchemy choices.

EDIT: Okay, I was able to finish acquiring the second fragment within about a half an hour! So it looks like the process for getting a fragment may be entirely different each time? I still think there are 10-12 of them in all, but I'm no longer sure how long it'd take to get each one. And there also may not be a limit to how many World Tree branches you can make? Since they don't appear to be directly tied to when/if you can find a fragment. And that would make sense if your worlds are entirely unique to you after the first one.

EDIT 2: At parents' house now...grandma's in good humour, though she got lost in the night after going to the bathroom cuz she couldn't remember how to get back to her bedroom. IT SNOWED, guys. THERE IS SNOW ON THE GROUND, HERE. (We've had a few flakes fall about twice before, but it melted as soon as it hit the ground, then.) It's just a skiff atm, but it's to turn to freezing rain after lunch. :? Must hurry home once I'm done here...don't want to get caught in that! Brought my Switch and laptop with me, as being the only one with grandma means a lot of sitting around, waiting to see if she'll want to do something. I can't get comfortable playing my Switch away from home, though, knowing I need to be alert if anything is happening, so I'm not sure if I'll get anything done.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Double post because I want to contradict what I said before ASAP. I love Grow, BUT...actually it IS hard to get around. I only didn't think so because my areas in the beginning were small.

Your world tree bits stay quite managable...no problem. Each defined town area is fine, too. But there's huge amounts of surrounding area that are impossible to figure out, imo. It's hard to tell what way you're facing, you can't see where you are on a map, and only places you can transport to are even marked on the map at all. It's an ugly blotch on how fun the game is, otherwise. Though you can use the build mode to zoom out and get a pretty good look at an area. You can't do it while exploring, though...just while in each area centre where 'build' applies. But if you have a good look around in build mode, you can see just about everything. I found a blocked bridge south east of an area that way, and decided to run down that direction and sure enough, it was a spot I could unlock to traverse further.

Right now I'm supposed to find 'Pallas' (for a while I couldn't even figure out who that was, though apparently he's some kind of guest resident in my town somewhere?) in some ruins outside of the meadow area. But I don't know where the ruins are, or even on what side of town they'd be, and wandering all the way around the outside would take a huge amount of time. The more you play, the more you unlock in the ground world, too (the base of the world tree, where your town is.) So navigation is actually a pain here, for sure.

The one other thing I really dislike is that you don't seem able to destroy or even move decorations after you put them down. You're stuck with them forever, once you put them down, even if you did it by mistake. :? :? :? Also, you can't move your residents from one area of town to another. If you recruited them into the Meadow area, you can never move them to the Plains area, even if the building they're suited to is there.

At least, there appears to be no way to do so yet. It'd be great if that's introduced later, but so far I don't think it's gonna be.

Really quite impressed with everything else, though, and I bet you guys will love the animals/pets in this game. For me, the world tree is my favourite part. The town-building has too many frustrations (everything I mentioned that was a negative is attached to the town-building areas and not to the world-tree growing and tending parts) to hold up to the rest. I just want to keep unlocking different branches using different essences and see how many types of native soil, grass, rocks, trees and shrubs there are. I can get a green and purple world with orange shrubs and ice trees...can I get a world that's blue and yellow with green rocks and red trees? (And all resources are different.) That's what's driving me to keep playing, lol. It's loads of fun...but the town part would be way more fun if they give some QoL updates.
Chrysalis-Lyn
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Oooh, I hopped on just to see initial impressions for Grow! Thank you for providing so much information, Kikki :lala: It really is quite a beautiful game. Then again, so was Yonder but I found it boring. I might wait for an update on this one, especially if you cannot remove decorations. That seems like a bug rather than a feature.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It doesn't feel like a bug in the game itself. It just feels like a feature they never included. Build mode isn't good, though everything is very cute and the customizations are darling. But you can't move anything you place. You can delete it if it's still in the process of being built, but you can't delete anything after it's contructed. You can't even move or rotate them. I tried it in the manage mode but the option to remove is greyed out on all items. The option doesn't exist in build mode at all. The build/manage mode is seriously bad. Make SURE you place any item exactly where you really want it, facing the way you want it to face, because you're stuck with it.

One other thing that's a bit bothersome is that the loading screens can be long enough to try your patience a little. They're not insane, but they make you sigh when you're eager to get on with your next day. The performance is probably less good on Switch and where it shows is in all loading screens...opening the build mode, the map, going in and out of a building, etc...I bet the issue isn't as noticeable anywhere else.

Btw, you can have a relationship in this game, though I only know of two people...not sure which others might be eligible. The cut scenes with it irritate me, though, by interrupting what I'm doing, and the people are not at all appealing, imo.

Currently having a glitch with my own house...the lights inside turned off so it's all black in there, except an orange glow around any light source which doesn't illuminate anything around it. Luckily I can still find the bed and Coppertop without a problem, and that's all I need, but it's weird.

Graphics are beautiful and I love all the gameplay itself, but they definitely need some QoL updates.

~

EDIT: Okay, that's the second day in a row where I finished playing for the day because the game shut down due to an 'error'. I think both times it wigged out because a cutscene was about to play when I went out the door. Yesterday I only lost about 10 minutes of play, but THIS TIME I lost an hour and a half, and said 'bugger it' and quit.

So there are a lot of flaws still with this game, but in spite of it, I'm probably going to use a second Switch profile to start another game in Grow, cuz I want to see how different the progression can be, particularly if there's any difference in what's scripted and what isn't, and what worlds you can get. I really like the game, but I don't think it had much of a beta phase...doesn't feel like it got enough test-player feedback before they sent it out into the world.

For me this game is a bit like Fantasy Life. They aren't similar, but the way I like them is. The main story and characters are frankly on the kiddy side and not at all interesting to me, but the gameplay is so much fun that I'll put up with any flaws anyway.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Hopefully they get the bugs and qol stuff figured out for Grow soon. Definitely wait and see for me.

Speaking of waiting, I still haven't gotten my copy of Pokemon Shining Pearl yet. I pre-ordered it at my local GameStop, but when I arrived at the time they are usually open at it was still shuttered, for over half an hour! I waited in my car alongside probably a half dozen other folks, who were all periodically going in and out of cars to check for signs of life, looking at each other in flabbergasted frustration, cluing in others that pulled up. Tons of people drove up and promptly left too after seeing it wasn't open yet. I think the best part was seeing some friends dressed in Pokemon garb all get into one car together to wait it out. I waited as long as I could but finally had to go get my kids some lunch. I called a different GameStop, but apparently my preorder is locked to that store, so they couldn't help me. Hopefully I will be able to pick it up later today. Goodness, it's like something weird on Pokemon release days are becoming a thing for me. With Sword and Shield, some Nintendo people wanted a picture of me with the game (kids in stow, mind you) and this time something is up at the GameStop, like maybe someone forgot it was their turn to open? Lol, I just want to play Pokemon, come on!

Edit: Apparently they just got a new store manager who just changed the hours, but didn't change the signage or online info. :shock: Feel bad for the employees dealing with associated drama, but I got my game, and everyone in line seemed in good spirits. :)
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond looks adorable, but...Pokemon really isn't my thing, gameplay-wise. But danged if it isn't SO cute that it makes me want to try anyway. But I'll resist! I have Cupid Parasite coming up (I already delayed that November purchase to December thanks to ACNH and Grow) and I think I may want Surviving the Aftermath (released today) and Unpacking (released a week or two ago). Wytchwood is out Dec 9 (dunno if I want it or not) and I'm quite sure I've forgotten one more December game I was pretty interested in. There's a lot going on in the next month or two, anyway.

I've got less money than usual this month (it's super snug!) and extra expenses next month, so, er...yeah, it'd be massively stupid of me to buy a full-price triple-A game that I know full well I probably wouldn't even enjoy, just because the screenshots and videos I see are so cute.

~

Okay, so...pretty certain now that Grow actually has 7 segments, not 10. 3 that I was sure were song fragment pedestals are not, because they're facing backward, plus the song fragments appear to match town regions. So: 7. I've done 5. And that's in my NEW file...I was much faster this time. Mind you, I had 4 seed worlds in my first file and I only have 2 (one just being started!) in this one, so it's clear where I shaved my time out of. I love making new worlds and seeing what they're going to look like based on what essences I put in. Every world looks very 'Dr. Seuss', but they're still all tremendously varied. You can have tree bark of almost any colour...any shade of green or purple or grey or brown or red or blue, white...etc. The leaves can be any colour. The base soil. The grass. The rocks. The flowers. The critters. I had one world that looked like snow but I think it was actually ice cream? I foudn several spots with big scoops of ice cream with sprinkles and cherries on top, anyway. That world grew ice trunk trees with what looked like pale pink ribbons twined around some of them, and their 'leaves' were each like small deep green fir trees. I have a world with cactuses with eyeballs, and eyeball flowers with teeth, and eurgh. I have a very red land with a heat haze all the time, but the deep orange soil squishes with every step, even though the rocks are cracked, they're so dry.

It's really, really fun to make new worlds. It's my favourite part. But I played a bit more efficiently this time and split my time between seed-world development and town development, which got me my fragments faster (fragments are what progress the actual story.) Anyway, I find it extremely absorbing and addictive, even though it has a lot of problems. If you save frequently (like every fifteen minutes...or just think of it as Bokumono and save before bed every night...then you can never lose more than one day of progress) then there's nothing to worry about, really, but day three and I had yet another error shutdown. Third day in a row! (Fortunately I had a save from only 4 minutes prior!)
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

*peels myself away from my Switch* So, Brilliant Diamond is really fun. I'm enjoying the pure nostalgia serotonin plus the newly added features are a nice perk. They made the Underground even more addicting than the original, which is insane because I spent probably 100 hours down there alone. The new outfits are cute, though I put Dawn in the Platinum outfit because imo, it's one of her best looks. Having Pokémon follow you around everywhere is so much better for friendship gain than the original grind. Also, some of the battle locales are absolutely gorgeous. I think my only complaint so far is I can't seem to get a handle on making poffins. I had no issues making them on the DS, but no matter how perfect I think I make them on the Switch, they always come out like a lump of charcoal. I'll probably wait until people have it figured out before getting too into Super Contests.

My day off ended up being switched last minute to yesterday instead of Thursday, so I still have those 50 FATEs left in FFXIV, but I had the choice of grinding in a MMO to a new Pokémon game, and the latter won. I have 3 more badges to earn, but IIRC, this is the part of the game where the story picks up and there's more lulls between towns. I honestly like the post game of Gen IV a lot, so while it might seem like I'm rushing, I'm just wanting to get to the part that I enjoy the most.

I did also pick up Grow, but only played through the first area and I'm now doing errands for the little fuzzballs who's names escapes me atm. I do like it, but I'll get back to it later. I notice a lot of reused animations from Yonder, especially when using tools, but it's more of an observation than a complaint. Please tell me the little blurbs of the NPCs telling me what to do next go away eventually. Those are irritating.

Just a little over 2 weeks until Endwalker is here! I have a feeling it'll be taking up the majority of December for me, but that's fine. I think the only other game I planned on getting this year is Disney Magical World 2, but that is a chill game I don't intend to binge.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote:I did also pick up Grow, but only played through the first area and I'm now doing errands for the little fuzzballs who's names escapes me atm. I do like it, but I'll get back to it later. I notice a lot of reused animations from Yonder, especially when using tools, but it's more of an observation than a complaint. Please tell me the little blurbs of the NPCs telling me what to do next go away eventually. Those are irritating.
Do you mean the Everkin? The little furry dudes who look like a cross between a floppy-eared puppy (who walks on hind legs) and a kitten or baby fox (the tail looks like a fox) with antlers? The baby ones you can find hidden in various places (like the cats in Yonder) and then hire to tend your wildlife preserves and fully developed seed worlds are called 'Everkids', lol.

There are some other furry things in this game, but other than the very weird monster-fox-like villager people, I don't think any of them talk.

As for NPC text...I don't think that extends past the first segment of the game where you're being tutorialed on everything. Although, if the next segment of story is waiting on you to do something, a box of text remains at the top right corner, saying 'Search the Forest Realm for the next Song Fragment!' or something like that. But it doesn't get in the way.

Having loads of fun with Grow, personally...as long as I remember that it's glitchy and save often so that none of the chugging it sometimes breaks down on ends up ruining my progress.

~

Other game stuff, cut for length:
Spoiler:
ACNH only keeps my interest for a very short time...I've kind of abandoned it again, already. It's just my last resort. It's the thing I play when I have nothing else I want to play more, and pretty nearly anything beats it out, even some replays of old games. I know what I have to do next...I've got the residential area houses in good places, so I have to put up any boundary-defining items next...fences, shrubs, whatever, if I should want to put a sort of visual divider between yards, which otherwise would flow into each other. Once the boundary items are in lace, I can populate each yard with whatever furniture and plants suit. I'm none too eager to get to it, but that's my next task. Still mostly interested in just finishing the danged art wing of the museum. I keep forgetting to go see the Roost, lol, even though I'm sure I have more to unlock in there beyond a cookie. I think you can get a Brewster gyroid and maybe some other stuff?

Just wanted to check all my shops today, but on the beach, saw this exceptionally cute rabbit with big buck teeth in a continual beaming smile, and I just HAD to do his house. Now if only I can remember to go into the museum when I get back, so I can assess my millions of fossils and get a coffee. Blarg, I wish I coudl order tea. I'd love to order from a big list of them. Some oolong, please!

~

Feeling SICK today, woo. Got one regular issue on the go, but also have this weird new tight-knot-of-nausea tucked under the left side of my ribs at about waist level. I really need to get in to the doctor. I have a list of about a dozen new or worsening health issues I've been collecting for two years, lol, and some of them are a little worrying, particularly now that I have a grandma in stage 6 of dementia and a father with stage 4 cancer and know what those happy fun times look like. :shock:

But gaming is fun atm...even feeling sick, I can tuck tight into my chair with lots of pills, heating pad and water, and play. And I don't have the dough to buy anything more this month but I should be able to squeeze enough fun out of what I have to last until I can get to the next opportunity.
EDIT: PSA on Grow. You CAN move buildings, woo! Though I know why I thought you couldn't, lol. For one thing, it's not under the 'manage' option. And when you switch to BUILD, and tab to the buildings...it's not under there, either. You have to choose the icon that looks like a 'search' or 'magnifying glass' icon, and move your cursor over the building you want to move while in that mode, then you can click on it and move it. Not sure why moving a building is listed under a search/magnifying glass icon, but it is, and now I can fit my bathhouse in with the rest. :)
Daikon boy
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I've played about ten hours of shin Megami tensei v so far. I'm really enjoying the game more than I would have thought having played some of the other games some, though I expected I might like this one more. I think I'm going to go back and try and find all the mimans and other things I've missed before I continue with the story. Once I'm done with that, I can get back on track and maybe I'll have gained a few levels.
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Still playing a lot of ACNH, and still liking the DLC much more than I thought I would. Today I took a request for a house where they could "spend a lot of time thinking about me." One of the requisites was a TV camera, and I had a blast with that one. I just unlocked the second set of facilities, and enjoyed that as well. Otherwise, I've been tracking down the three sets of seasonal recipes. That will probably burn the game out really quick for me (balloon hunting is No Fun, and I got a duplicate drop for my second maple leaf recipe), but on the other hand, I made a little outdoor area for my gyroids with those themes, and I like that.

Otherwise, I've been making slow progress in Labyrinth of Refrain. I like it A LOT more than I thought I would. Especially the weird story, and I rarely get into game stories. I'm somewhere in the third area, in the middle of a huge story section. It's so far stayed on the good side of fiddly systems, so I'm hoping it doesn't introduce any new mechanics, other than the party transition. I'm not entirely sure I'm playing the more complicated covens correctly, but I do like that the spells are tied to those rather than the characters, and I like having a giant party. I'll probably try to figure out better builds once I do the party transition. Though, the one annoying thing about this game is that it uses nonsense names for things, so researching builds is something like "build three MMs and a SG and put them in PC" and I have to translate that to Marginal Maze=mage, and whatever else is going on there.

It is a lot longer than I thought, so it'll still be a couple weeks before I switch to Pokemon. But I'm really enjoying this game, so the Pokemon wait is fine.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I am a happy gamer today, adding to my backlog. GameStop actually has some awesome deals right now on first party games, so the ones everyone was supposed to have at $39.99 for Black Friday/November are $26.99, physical and digital I believe, including Xenoblade DE! With my coupons it was $6.99 for me, yeah! Ys 9 is $39 right now too, so I was able to pick them both up with my trade credit. No breaking bank today! I wonder what stuff will go on sale in the eShop for the holidays too, as I have been waiting on using some birthday gift cards there.

I'm only at the town with the second gym in Shining Pearl as I got sidetracked playing with the Underground stuff, then my husband was off and wanted to play it too yesterday, lol. It's fun seeing him excited to play something with me, so it's cool with me, even though I have to share the Switch. I'm not doing a speedrun so I'm enjoying taking my sweet time.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Nice to see everybody enjoying their games. :)

I've spent my free time the last day and a half setting up my new computer. Microsoft tried real, real hard to push me into Windows 11, and I am very grateful that I know better. Windows 10 was enough of a mess at launch, and 11 is worse. :D I want NOTHING to do with it!

And so, you go to all of this effort to set up your new, fancy PC. What's the first game you play? Portal, of course! I dunno why, I just wanted to. I've STILL never played Portal 2. Got it sitting in my Steam library though. Soon, maybe? I wanna finish replaying Portal before I play 2.

Still puttering in AC. Got a "money island" from Kapp'n this morning, which was exciting until I realized all of the bags are 1k bells. Boo. I blame Kapp'n.

Got a new, non-DLC DIY at HHP today. So I wonder if you'll eventually get all the DIYs by going to HHP, and maybe that's part of why it's locked off until you complete the "main story". It would certainly be a nice perk to the DLC. A little unfair, but. I'm still glad...
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

November 2021 seems like a pretty good gaming month.

I'm a bit envious, greensara :) I so wish I had Xenoblade and Ys stories in front of me, to experience for the first time! (Or maybe it's not your first time with them...maybe you've already played and you just didn't own your own copies.) They're so, so good.

Grow has perked my head back up a bit...gotta keep it really occupied, and then winter funk has no chance to spread...all the cracks are already filled with something else. I tell you, though, as soon as I have nothing to do in the colder half of the year, it's like my brain goes straight down the tubes...directly into hibernation mode, and very disgruntled that I don't let it go into full stasis.

I'm almost done it, though...at least as concerns the *story*. Pretty sure it only has 7 story segments (unless there's a surprise at the end) and I'm about to find the 6th one. That's all I need to do, now...locate the darned thing. But I took a couple of game days and just tended my seed worlds and have now really racked up the Myora and can buy stuff from the general stores and expand the towns with abandon for a bit. I desperately need more alchemical batteries...I need to start haunting the general store in each town area to buy them up when they appear. In my first file I never ran out of the things...must have had great luck in finding them randomly and not even noticed. In this game, I've had a total of 3, ever, and you need dozens, lol. For some reason this time around my seed worlds are producing chests that have alchemical battery locks on them...I don't think that happened in my first file.

I'd love a great story game right now. Well, I guess I always feel like that, though! I'm always wishing I could experience XC1 and XCX and Xillia for the first time again and can't stop looking for a new experience to take that place. Glad Ys is now another series I can count on for a great story. I really should try to bring my PS3 back up from the basement and replay Xillia 1 and 2...it's been years. I think that's what I want to do most...more than playing Cold Steel III and IV again. (I loved I and II, but honestly III and IV didn't strike quite as hard for me.) Never did that Milla playthrough...I can't stand to not choose Jude, lol. Plus the pronunciation of her name versus its spelling drives me nuts, because I'm just that kind of person. Thinking of Xillia reminds me that I don't like when Tales only gives you one ending alternative, as in the two most recent Tales games, Berseria and Arise. I really like being able to influence the ending. I grew up on that with the Quest for Glory games in the late 80's through the 90's.

I wonder why they stopped giving us alternative endings? Even Zestiria only 'sort of' has an alternative ending. To my way of thinking, it really only has the one ending, and I miss the branching ones a lot.

EDIT: A streamer I watch did something I'm not 100% sure how to feel about
Spoiler:
The one and only streamer I watch with anything approaching regularity (I may watch once every week or two) posted something on Twitter that I find very off-putting. It was about giving up his pre-order for a special edition Xbox to a friend whose child (dunno the age and I don't think that part matters) has been wanting one for a year and can't get one (the streamer works at Gamestop so he's got one of the new Xboxes already, afaik...but this is a special edition one and he's letting his friend take over his pre-order for it). In return he's receiving comment after comment about how great and wonderful a person he is...and ONE comment (which was NOT from me, btw...I made no comment as I am still trying to process what I think...that said 'uh, you posting this doesn't come across as humble' or something like that. The streamer in question replied with an aggrieved air of someone being unfairly picked on, saying he just wants to post something in counter to all the negativity and greed on Twitter.

Well...I certainly don't have a problem with someone wanting to inject a bit more positivity into Twitter! I agree that it's a pretty grody place, a lot of the time. But...

It DID seem like he wanted praise about what a great person he is. Which he gets a lot of already. He's a fairly genuine-seeming guy (I can only say 'seeming' since I don't know him irl, which means it can only ever BE a seeming, to me...I'll never know for sure. But he seems like a pretty decent, relatively normal guy, which is why I like him, probably.) and sometimes he stops to have a chat about mental/emotional health, and about what it's like to be a streamer and what he thinks it should be like and what success is and so on. It's all pretty decent...no objections. But he gets a LOT of praise about how wonderful a person he is...and this post, to me, felt like he's starting to get greedy for more flattering of the same kind. He wants to hear more about how great and wonderful a guy he is.

Of all the things to want to be, that's not bad...it's great to want to be a good person. Though in this case, I think it's the desire to receive praise and recognition for it that's the key. I just...didn't feel good about his post. The person who replied that it wasn't overly humble (not the word I'd use, personally, but it's a fast way to get the thought across) wasn't aggressive or insulting, except that it pointed out that flaunting your good deeds kind of diminishes them.

I suppose he could really have just wanted to brighten people's day with some good news, but it just didn't feel right. It felt self-congratulatory and attention-seeking. I get worried about people in his position when they start to do things like that, in case it means they're getting spoiled by all the praise and attention. It could make you want to do greater things and become a better person, but it could also get all twisted up. I hope nothing like that is happening.

EDIT within the EDIT: I was a bit MORE upset when I saw his followers totally dogpiling the one person who didn't reply with 'you are so wonderful!', as it seemed then like he was legitimizing their bullying of anyone who doesn't think the sun shines straight out of his heinie. But a little while later he apologized for responding to that person so abruptly and that he could see their point even though he'd only meant to spread good cheer. I feel better now...I was afraid I was going to see this guy go down the ugly path where too much internet attention and fame warps someone's head. No one but he can ever know if he REALLY had no other motive in that post, but respecting the opinion of those who express dissenting opinions and not letting your fans dogpile them is a good sign, I think. But...I don't think I'll follow him any more. I already felt weird about how everyone is kissing his booty left and right and I don't want to be part of it, even at a distance.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Ding dong, the kangaroo is gone. Animal Crossing did not start out well this morning (the morning did not start out well) but boy did it end well. :D

Got real mad that I got another week without wheat and decided it was time traveling time. Bump back to Sunday, pick up freebies, and back to Monday. But before I can even get back to Harvey's island I find Astrid with a little bubble over her head! And she's ready to leave! Hallelujah! I won't have a new villager settled in in time for Turkey Day, but I don't care! Got 10 Nook Miles tickets ready to roll for Wednesday.

And for the double whammy I got to the island, and Leif finally had wheat! I won't be grateful when I have to start processing it, but I'm glad right now. The recipe book is my oyster.

The one thing I will say IS a problem for me with PC gaming is how LOUD larger towers can get. Which yes, I get is for the sake of keeping them cool so they can run your games properly but it's like sitting next to a commercial jet engine.

I did get to test Genshin out yesterday. Kinda helps to have a game I know fairly well that can tax the system enough to test it. Temps were stable and reasonable, and no dropped frames. Yay.