Am I missing something?

Poot Poot Poot! A mainline Bokumono game set in a resort town that wants to be more resort-y. Available for Nintendo Switch, Steam/PC, and Ps4/5. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Feb 2021. NA = Mar 2021. EU = Mar 2021.
furryfarmer
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Hello!

Recently saw that this game became available on Steam, and since I don't have a Switch, I've bought it straight away, with all the expansion packs. I haven't really checked anything related to the game on the internet since I don't want things to be spoiled, however, I'm getting a bit worried about some things as I progress slowly.

I'm absolutely loving the graphics, smashing rocks, cutting trees, mining, fishing, farming in general, with the sprinklers... most things feel so smooth, but those makers are so bad, they're outweighing all the good things and making the game a horrible experience for me.

So, the question is, what's the issue with the makers in this game? Is my farm going to look like an industrial district in a few seasons or do I find a way to make them better and take less space?

I'm also a bit disappointed with the characters since they sound all the same by the way, but I guess I could ignore that. The makers though, please help!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Unfortunately, you're stuck with the makers. You can get away with having only one of a bunch of them, but to progress at a decent pace, you'll need multiple of the first-level ones like lumber makers. You do not later unlock a way to do away with makers, or condense them, or put them away into a building, or anything like that. And these are the IMPROVED makers that can take 10 items at once. Before the update, we had to put in just ONE item at a time and run back and reload every time it finished ONE, just to keep it going.

Eventually you can unlock these mega makers (can't remember what they're actually called) that are more efficient, which may let you reduce a few of your makers...but not much.

You do unlock multiple farm areas, though...which means you can put your makers into an area that you reserve just for them, and then you can sort of ignore that one region, visually.
furryfarmer
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:Unfortunately, you're stuck with the makers. You can get away with having only one of a bunch of them, but to progress at a decent pace, you'll need multiple of the first-level ones like lumber makers. You do not later unlock a way to do away with makers, or condense them, or put them away into a building, or anything like that. And these are the IMPROVED makers that can take 10 items at once. Before the update, we had to put in just ONE item at a time and run back and reload every time it finished ONE, just to keep it going.

Eventually you can unlock these mega makers (can't remember what they're actually called) that are more efficient, which may let you reduce a few of your makers...but not much.

You do unlock multiple farm areas, though...which means you can put your makers into an area that you reserve just for them, and then you can sort of ignore that one region, visually.
Oh no! Lol! What a shame. I've actually unlocked a very large area with what seems to be a Gold Mine on the north west part, though I still haven't opened the mine, and haven't even cleared the area from the trees and haven't fixed any of the objects. I just go there to collect random stuff. Sending the makers there sounds like a very good idea though! Thank you for the suggestion.

But yeah, it's definitely a shame that they seem to be an integral part of the game. Doesn't go well with the 'farming' and 'relaxing' idea that I play the game for.

Thanks for your answer,

Best wishes.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

No problem :) Fortunately, the outcry against the makers was so strong that the devs gave us something like 8 updates, improving the game...and makers was the single biggest complaint. (That's why we can now put ten items into a maker rather than just one.) This also means that we probably will not have this issue again in the next game! They know how much we hated the makers in Olive Town, so they should have a much better system next time.

For this game the best you can do is choose an area that's easy to transport to or get to quickly, but is out of the way of your crop and animal area, and stuff all your makers into that one spot, to keep them accessible but reduce how much you have to look at them.
furryfarmer
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:No problem :) Fortunately, the outcry against the makers was so strong that the devs gave us something like 8 updates, improving the game...and makers was the single biggest complaint. (That's why we can now put ten items into a maker rather than just one.) This also means that we probably will not have this issue again in the next game! They know how much we hated the makers in Olive Town, so they should have a much better system next time.

For this game the best you can do is choose an area that's easy to transport to or get to quickly, but is out of the way of your crop and animal area, and stuff all your makers into that one spot, to keep them accessible but reduce how much you have to look at them.
Thank you again for the response. Yes, I've just checked their update notes and it seems it has been much worse than it is now. Thankfully I didn't live through that! It looks like I'll be moving the makers and other things a lot until I get settled with the farm arrangements. Maybe I should actually spoil myself and see how other people ended up arranging their farms to save some precious time and go straight to the final plan.

Anyway, hopefully the next game makes the most out of these mistakes and comes with great improvements. And possibly some more life for the NPCs. :shifty:

Happy farming!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Does anyone have any suggestions for furryfarmer? About how to arrange things to minimize having to look at the ugly makers, but still have access to them fairly easily? Now that the update gave us that teleportation ladder by the house, I think I'd put all my makers in the last farm spot to unlock (with a few extra fruit trees), and keep my crops in the first area and any seasonal area, and the animals in the second area along with a bunch of trees. (But I always keep the minimum of animals so I could afford to have barns and lots of trees on the same plot.)

Did anyone come up with a layout that they feel looks good but is also really practical?

Ah, if your layout requires you to mention spoilers (like things that unlock later), please hide your spoilers with tags, just in case. :) I'm not sure what point they're at, but I don't think all areas are unlocked, yet.
furryfarmer
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:Does anyone have any suggestions for furryfarmer? About how to arrange things to minimize having to look at the ugly makers, but still have access to them fairly easily? Now that the update gave us that teleportation ladder by the house, I think I'd put all my makers in the last farm spot to unlock (with a few extra fruit trees), and keep my crops in the first area and any seasonal area, and the animals in the second area along with a bunch of trees. (But I always keep the minimum of animals so I could afford to have barns and lots of trees on the same plot.)

Did anyone come up with a layout that they feel looks good but is also really practical?

Ah, if your layout requires you to mention spoilers (like things that unlock later), please hide your spoilers with tags, just in case. :) I'm not sure what point they're at, but I don't think all areas are unlocked, yet.
Wow, you're too nice Kikki! Thank you!

I have built two bridges so far. From what I can see there is only one more to build, and it leads to a mine. I don't think there is anything else after that, and to be fair, I hope there isn't since I'm not really a big fan of extra large areas. What I have now is more than enough!

But yes, I think I've already got more help than I expected to get, and I really appreciate that you took your time to help me.

Best of luck to you! :heart:
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It's no problem. :) Fogu is quiet these days, but everyone who has an answer to a question is generally happy to give it, around here...we're all digital farming fans, after all. Are you to the part where the shrine has been introduced?
Autumn_Song
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

You can also put your makers in the seasonal gardens that you can unlock from the spirit shrine. If there's a season you wouldn't use it for, put them there.
furryfarmer
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:It's no problem. :) Fogu is quiet these days, but everyone who has an answer to a question is generally happy to give it, around here...we're all digital farming fans, after all. Are you to the part where the shrine has been introduced?
The little girl is there, though I haven't been able to interact with the shrine in any way. Maybe I should try again soon. I'm in the first few days of summer, first year.
Autumn_Song wrote:You can also put your makers in the seasonal gardens that you can unlock from the spirit shrine. If there's a season you wouldn't use it for, put them there.
Maybe I should focus on this shrine thing next. Will be trying that tonight. Thanks for your help!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

You'll need to get 100 follower sprites before you can use the shrine :) (The little ball dudes that pop out and then rapidly scurry away when you're doing tasks like farming, chopping, hammering. Having 100 of those pop out and you'll be able to access the shrine from then on.)