What Game(s) Would You Want to See Remade?

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Hello! Quick introduction: I’m Madison. I’ve known about this community forum for about six or seven years, and a few years ago I was somewhat active in the community (I used several different usernames, but I can’t recall any of them).

Anyways, what game(s) would you like to see remade? On which gaming platform would you like to see the remade game? What new features or improvements would you want to see in your remake?
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm more of a remaster person more than a full remake, but there is one game I've been thinking of a lot lately that's been left in the dust and is unplayable on current consoles. That game being Threads of Fate, a Square PlayStation action platformer that is very near and dear to my heart. It featured dual protagonists that each had their own story and unique playstyle, but as they were both going after the same goal, they would often keep bumping into each other. Depending on who you were playing as the story had a more serious or comical tone to it, but both had ripples of each here and there too. It's honestly one of the rare games where I adore every single character, even the various villains and wide array of NPCs that pepper the hub town.

If it was given a new coat of paint, I'd be over the moon already, but a whole remake would open up so much more opportunity. The characters were animated extremely well in the original version to convey emotions over their facial expressions (most likely due to hardware limitations) and being able to see the full brunt of everyone's character would be amazing. Voice acting would a great addition too. Fine tuning to the gameplay (as some of the bosses were cheap OR some extremely easy) would also make it more compelling to more audiences.

Threads of Fate was essentially sent out to die when it released next to Chrono Cross, and it's a pity because it's a wonderful piece of media that holds up very well even to this day. I hope and pray for it to get the same treatment as Square's other PlayStation games (Final Fantasies, Legend of Mana), but I'm not holding my breath. The dream would to be able to play it on Switch or PS4/5.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oh...ANY game, not just Bokumono ones?

I don't actually want them to remake any more Bokumono games, since I didn't like the older games anyway and don't want the dev time taken up with anything but new. (My own feelings, of course.) It'd be great to see slightly enhanced ports so that we could keep playing ALL Bokumono games, but I feel that way about most games...that it'd be great if they had more longevity and didn't expire with whatever console they're built for.

But games I really want to see done up ... that's an easy list to come up with. I'm also not someone who likes all-out remakes much. I'd much prefer remasters of my old favourites, since I already love them and just want to keep playing them, spiffed up for the most modern consoles.

I want Tales of Xillia 1 and 2, as a collection. I also want Ace Attorney 4, 5 and 6 made into an enhanced collection the way 1, 2 and 3 were. And of course, XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X. It was Wii U exclusive! That alone is plenty of reason why it desperately needs to be ported to a new console, though it being a contender for my all-time-favourite game is my real reason. It very much needs a few QoL improvements, namely that it needs adjustable audio (the music tended to play so loudly during cutscenes that you couldn't hear the voice acting) and it needs adjustable UI text, too, as the text was so tiny that I have two friends who had to give up on it on that alone...they absolutely couldn't read the text telling you what to do in any of your quests. A really, really stupid problem for a game to have. The graphics are still gorgeous, imo...I don't even think it needs a spiff-up at all. Just those two controls/settings improvements.

Basically, I just want to always be able to play my favourites. I still have my ps3 and my Wii U, but their condition is degrading with time (the Wii U was always glitchy) and it's a burden to dig them out and hook them back up. I want to be able to play them on current consoles. Forever, please :)
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:I also want Ace Attorney 4, 5 and 6 made into an enhanced collection the way 1, 2 and 3 were. And of course, XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X.
I wholeheartedly agree!

Personally, I would love to see a remastered version of Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life. Perhaps it would be ideal if all three games were combined—in a sense—allowing you to choose from playing as a boy or girl, allowing you to marry Lumina, allowing you to have a daughter, allowing you to have different clothing options regardless of gender, and so on. Harvest Moon: Animal Parade is hands down my favorite farming game, so it would be awesome to see a remastered version of that game as well.

As for non-farming games, my top choice for a remastered/remade game would be the MySims series. Especially MySims Agents. I miss Buddy and Lindsay :lol:
yzafre
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

For farming games, I have a strange mix of burning desire for and horrible fear of a HM64 remake. Mostly because I feel like they'd change too much. I would want a graphics update (the Link's Awakening remake style would actually fit pretty well, I think), updated controls, an actual HUD so you don't have to pause to see the time, maybe some clarification on your judgement criteria... and slight changes to the clock-speed. That's it.

I do mean slight, though! I actually like the fast speed of the game, it gives me a pikmin-like satisfaction to chart the most efficient use of each day to try and fill the photo-album in time... still, even just changing to 15s hours over 13s hours and cutting the time-losses that happen whenever you change screens (especially at the cross-roads) would go a long way.

But mainly the controls and the HUD. That's the main reason I don't replay that game much, despite adoring so much about it. Having to pause/select/unpause to get every single item out of the inventory.... no.

Now, outside of farming games, the pipe dream for me will always be anything in the Mega Man Legends series. Are they necessarily good "Mega Man" games? ....no. But they're fantastic adventure games hidden behind some annoying tank-controls. Given the first game was released before OoT, though.... I don't hold it too much against them. Anyways, I would love to see the first two re-made just to get modernized controls, and maybe have a new audience see them.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Honestly one of my biggest wishes in future HM/SoS new games and remakes would be to have some kind of toggle for how fast time passes, not unlike how some games can adjust their difficulty and other features with a toggle. Sometimes you want a slower day to get more done and sometimes you want it to be faster, like when you are waiting on you child to be born or to grow. I am still wary of how much of the good features, like rival marriage, might be taken away in a remake, as we saw in SoSFoMT, which I otherwise loved.
bitsy_bites5
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I'd love to see a bunch of the older Digimon games (especially the ones that never got western releases) get updated and released on current gen consoles. I'd also like the Pokemon Ranger games and the Legend of Spyro trilogy updated and re-released for Nintendo Switch.
iLoveSprites75
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Not necessarily remade, but I need a port of Kirby Air Ride. I just so badly wish they would make a GameCube server like others we've got for NSO online - we've already gotten a GameCube style Switch controller :shock:
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

As for Bokumono games, I would love to see ports/remakes of the following:

Harvest Moon 64 (the Wii U port was released too late in the Wii U's lifetime)

Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life (and like someone said, combine the Gamecube editions and the PS2 versions). They already got the PS2 version working well on the PS4.

And I would like both of these games to be on the Switch.

And, this isn't really a port or remake need, but I would love to see the Yo-kai Watch series back here in North America/The West in general (including Europe) as well. After Level 5 went under (their western operations at least), I've been really missing Yo-kai Watch. And, I would totally play the heck out of Yo-kai Watch 4, the Yo-kai Watch 1 remake, and the Yo-kai Watch Gakuen Y game as well.

In terms of Yo-kai Watch remakes or ports, ports of all the 3DS games, including all of the Japan-only ones would be great.

And again, we need all these games on Switch. :)
Code_Name_Geek
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I’d love to see an enhanced remaster of Persona 3 combining all the best features of Portable and FES into one game. I also think Dragon Quest IX would be nice to have on Switch - it was my first JRPG as a kid and I’d love to introduce it to some of my friends and play multiplayer together but DS copies are getting hard to find. For some super wishful thinking I’d like to see Snowboard Kids and its sequel remade someday.
yzafre
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Ohhh, I hadn't thought of Dragon Quest IX! I never got to play multi-player with people back on the DS, that would be pretty cool. Don't know if I have the patience to play that one like I used to, but it would be cool.
RodCopper Fishin
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

The Sonic games have been missing the Chao garden since Sonic Adventure 2 and it’s a problem. I’d love for the next Sonic game to have an expanded version of the old formula rather than going all out with new features. So basically, I’m hoping for an aspect of a game to be revived, although it acted like a separate game by itself within the larger game if that makes sense.
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote:Threads of Fate was essentially sent out to die when it released next to Chrono Cross
I've always thought Threads of Fate looked interesting, but I wondered why it wasn't more popular. I didn't realize it came out at the same time as Chrono Cross! Hilariously, it seems like it happened again on PSN. It's odd that the Chrono series has also been left to die, speaking of that. Both games were so huge back then (that Cross hype!), and neither has been touched in 10+ years.

I would love a new or remade Survival Kids/Lost in Blue game! I feel like this style of game has morphed into something else - 3D open world, which I can't play, or combat/collect/craft, which I play a lot of but tend to have mechanics and things I don't want. But there's something very satisfying about those older "scavenge x amount of items to get Y and eventually Z, you slowly build stats and advance a basic plot"-type games that I enjoy a lot more. I recently played one of the gameboy ones, and it was still great. These are Konami games though, and they can't even get out of bed for Castlevania these days. :(

Farming-wise, a remake of AWL would be super-intriguing. I actually hated it when it came out, so I wonder if a remake would fix some of the things I didn't like. I tend to remember this game having every Bad Farming Mechanic, though I may have given it some from the other games over the years.
PaleSunflower
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

If all games are on the table, then I would like to see Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness (both from GC) ported or remade for Nintendo Switch, with the animations for the pokemon kept the same, ideally as a two-games-in-one deal. I know it's just my opinion, but the animations from those games just doesn't compare well to the new ones in current pokemon games. I also really liked the default double battle gimmick, but that is probably because I prefer double battles to the regular solo battles. Anyway, I think both games still hold up.

I would also not mind Columns Crown (GBA), Lady Sia (GBA), or Amazing Island (GC) remade for the Nintendo Switch either, but those are mostly to make them easier for me to play. I'm not sure whether they really hold up nowadays.

If only HM/SoS games are on the metaphorical table, then any of the weird games get my vote. By weird, I mean the ones that don't follow the standard formula of being endless farming games where hardly anything really changes as the in-game years go by. The weirdest one that I've personally played is A(n)WL, but I am curious about Innocent Life and HM:HoLV as well.

I also know that a lot of other players recommend SoS:ToT and wish for a Switch port.
Somerandom
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

The game I want the most is a Samba De Amigo remake for the switch! All joking aside, I would like remakes mainly of games that are fairly inaccessible now due to hardware or region.

For example, I would like to see a remake of all 4 original Sakura Wars games, so that they can get an actual English release. I would also like to see remakes of shining force 3, burning rangers, fighters mega mix and Fire Emblem Genealogy of the holy war, as they were released either in Japan only or on a fairly unsuccessful console in the west. I also want actual rereleases/remakes of the first eight Mario Parties as apart from 2 none have ever been rereleased except in compilations like superstars.

As for Harvest moon games, I would personally prefer ports of Animal Parade, AWL/AnWL and Trio over complete remakes, as for the former two I am genuinely scared that they will take away parts that made the games different from other entries in the series, especially in the case ow AWL. I would like to see a port of trio onto the switch as opposed to a remake in the future because Rune Factory 4 was ported from the 3DS and it worked reasonably well, it would be a quicker way of getting an older game on new devices.

In terms of the harvest moon games I want remakes of, 64 and DS/cute would probably be my picks because a lot can be added to them and improved from the original game. I would also like a Rune Factory 2 remake as there is a lot of missed potential in the game and it is crazy expensive these days!