Backlog 2022

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Um...waitaminute...
Grr! Oh well. I made 16,000 rupees by snow-bowling for one (real life) hour. I could have made 18,000 if I had been in ideal form, but that doesn't happen often, even without glitches like the above. A person who is really smooth at this and never makes mistakes and is very fast at positioning themselves without making any corrections might be able to do 20,000 or a little more, I think? It let me buy all the Guardian armor, anyway...6,000 rupees, ugh...but very worth it. (I still don't have enough to get all the armor AND the last fountain, though! Gonna need to bowl for another half hour later, maybe.) Now I just have to kill a whooooole lotta guardians to get these puppies up to level two.

Got the master sword and a bit more stamina, got the last bit of climbing armor, got more stuff upgraded. Got the Hateno house all finished up (unskippable cutscenes over and over...not so fun) AND did Tarrey Town, too. Oh, and did most of the EX goodies quests.. Now I've got to get around to the *normal* quests, and do a lot of armor upgrading. Everything needs to hit level 2, minimum. I forgot the hideous flamebreaker armor was so expensive, too. Pooh.

I should feel pretty much okay tomorrow, I think. Good thing, since I actually have to DO stuff tomorrow. I may feel like playing DQXI then, too. Idle days go with exploration games where you can just wander, I feel.
yzafre
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I'm past the character interludes, and firmly into Act 2, teaming up with... that guy. Ugh I forgot how condescending he is at this point, I want to punch him. I get that that's like.... the point, but still. Good job game writers, I guess.

Those character interuldes are really interesting additions to the definitive edition. Mostly, I like them, even if they removed a biiiit of the mystery going into act 2. They're nice little spotlights. Still, on a second play-through, some of them (Sylvando! Sylvando! Sylvando!) were more fun to actually, well, play than others (....Rab.)

I'm also having the issue that I kind of want to play KH II, a little bit. And I'm getting curious about Astral Chain again, after years. But I don't want to stop playing DQ. Hm.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

iLoveSprites75 wrote:
Bluie wrote:Welp, guess I gotta get off Youtube. Pokemon Legends Arceus has leaked and I'm getting bombarded with spoilers every time the homepage refreshes. So far it's been nothing too bad, but I would have liked to see/experience it myself. I hope Nintendo gets their « Mr.Gourmet's shoes ».
I've seen a ton of people get it early and I'm not sure how? I follow one of the contestants from the last season of MasterChef and she put it on her story like two days ago already - physical copy, at that.
Pokemon, especially mainline titles, always seem to leak either by [b]Very Bad Thing™[/b] dumping or physical copies being accidentally distributed early. I had some friends a few years back who had their own video game store and they would always give me my titles a few days early, except for Pokemon titles because Nintendo does not « Snuggly Bunny » around with that series. Back when Sun and Moon was about to come out, people who had gotten their game early and were stupid enough to play online before official release all got their Nintendo accounts banned for life. Others faced actual legal troubles for leaking the game too iirc. I believe similar practices happened when Sword and Shield were leaked too.

I'm obviously not against getting the game you paid for a day or so early, but you keep that « Cow Poopoo » to yourself and don't broadcast spoilers on mediums where the algorithm doesn't give any « Cow Poopies ». I do think that a lot of the channels on YT who were being spoiling asshats got hit yesterday though. I went to go watch a new upload from a creator I liked and there was not one Arceus spoiler to be seen, so Nintendo probably got their « Mr.Gourmet's shoes ».
Panda Parfait wrote:Enjoy your PS5 Bluie! Sucks that a lot of people have to resort to paying ridiculous prices for one, but who knows when the supply issues are going to be resolved.
Thank you! I'm currently camped at my computer with my email open waiting for the 'your package has been delivered' email to pop. It's raining today and I don't want the bby to be out in the elements for long! I've backed up my character data in FFXIV (hotbars, settings, ect) so I can have a smooth transition from console to console. Probably gonna have to wait for the husband to get off work before setting it up because I am too smol/short to reach the cables needed to hook it up due to how our set up is.

Now, what to play while I wait?
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Currently playing:

Danganronpa Decadence (Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc) (Switch)
Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town (Switch)
The Expression Amrilato (Steam)

Recently beat:

Pokemon Shining Pearl (Switch)

Hey, everyone.

So far, I haven't played anymore Danganronpa Trigger Happy Havoc. But that's because I got sucked back into playing Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town. I'm about 11 hours in, and at the end of Spring, Year 1.

In Pioneers of Olive Town, I'm really close to being able to unlock the third in-game farm area (through materials). It took a while. I've also discovered that Iori likes mushrooms. And, it took me 11 hours of real-life time just realize I was trying to fish the wrong way. You hold the Y button. Not tap it quickly. :oops:

And, I've started playing The Expression Amrilato. I'm 3 hours into that game. So far it's really cute. It and its sequel are educational visual novels designed to teach you Esperanto.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Woot! Woot! Cleared Xenoblade Chronicles last night! I'm glad I stuck it out as I ended up mostly liking it. I still think my favorite part was the gorgeous world maps and backgrounds in general. It certainly filled in that exploring void for the time being, until BOTW2 anyway, lol. It was a little weirder than I typically go for, but consistent at least for the most part so it was successful in the whole suspension of disbelief. I don't know if I am going to play the extra material or plan on the second one. I think I am good for now.

So, so excited for Arceus!! They predict I should get it on Friday, though it hasn't shown as shipped yet. Hopefully I can get it on release day, but even if it is a couple days later, I am still pumped to get it. I hope it will have compatibility with Pokemon Home. The BDSP games need compatibility too for that matter, and wonder trades. Here's to hoping for some updates too!
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

*internally screaming while I'm stuck at work and my brand new PS5 is being unplayed.*

Just two more hourssssss. I legit only got to download FFXIV and experience the two second load in time (THE FUTURE IS HEREEEEEE) before having to go to bed last night, and I hardly slept. The husband and I will be taking the PS4 and all its accessories to Gamestop tomorrow and maybe we'll pick something up with all the credit it's worth. Kinda hoping there's a controller charging dock because we already have two controllers.

Might also just get PSN cards because I might want Elden Ring now. Maybe.
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Currently playing:

Danganronpa Decadence (Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc) (Switch)
Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town (Switch)
The Expression Amrilato (Steam)

Recently beat:

Pokemon Shining Pearl (Switch)

Guys, I unlocked the third in-game area on the farm in Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town!! I was able to tame the Silkie Chicken and white alpaca. I saw the horse and brown alpaca. But, I didn't have the horse stable (?) built and my animal care level wasn't high enough to tame the brown alpaca.

Still, I'm really excited. But, there's so many things to restore/rebuild in this third area that I'm a bit overwhelmed. I know I definitely want to restore the horse stable thing first, though.

I'm still at the end of Spring, Year 1.

I'm pretty excited for Pokemon Legends Arceus. Just 3 more days!!
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Fired up Shining Pearl today just to do some more digging in the Underground, when I saw the notice of a horde of Absols on Route 213. I decided this was my chance to try to get a shiny Absol again. (I had one I bred in Gen 6 but stupidly traded it for a Keldeo, not realizing how much more valuable it was than completing the dex.) The last few times I had tried my hand at chaining for shinies I just had bad luck, even after watching several videos. Today it finally worked! After chaining to 29, then continuing to reset the chainer (not the game), I finally got a shiny spot to crop up! Yay! I got a shiny Absol again!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm currently downloading the Monark demo (on switch.) I'm none too sure of it, but it has distinct Persona vibes, and I do quite like Persona. I haven't played anything for the last two days but I may poke about in BotW again today. My head hurts...which I'm not used to...and I like to be distracted from discomfort. Or I could go back into DQXI. I was going to do some grinding in Arboria. My mood is back to finding that appealing. But I feel more like BotW, so...dunno. I just didn't get invested in the DQXI story, I guess; I'm not curious at all about what happens next. I wonder if I will be later on.

Man, life is happening. Big life shift coming in mid-February, probably. Gotta stay calm and think of it as an interesting challenge to make the most of.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Pokemon in two days...guess we'll lose most (all, lol) of you to a new Arceus thread very soon! I hope it's really fun; I'd love to hear an overall opinion of the game in a week or two. I like the look of the different gameplay that's a bit less regimented and more supportive of an open-world feel, but I'm not sure the actual experience will bear that impression up.

EDIT 2: Oh man. Nintendo put up a Tweet that has made me realize I would just about kill to be able to have Link or Adol Christin as a penpal.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I’ll just dump my ACNH rant here since there’s no other proper place for it anymore lol

For the life of me I wish we can place houses sideways. It’d make planning things more easier spacing wise. I keep rearranging the villager houses and it’s starting to get annoying XD
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It's fine, Shan; everybody's allowed to talk any game in here. If it's a game currently under heavy discussion then of course that discussion should have its own thread, but that is no longer the case for ACNH. It WOULD be nice if houses could be placed sideways. I've always wanted to be able to place things diagonally, too...it'd have been great if every item were place-able on eight points of orientation (N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, NW.) They may not have ever even designed the back of buildings, though, since they were designed to ony ever be seen from the front.
yzafre
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

So I did hook up the PS3 and played a bit of KH2. Got through the Roxas portion, at least. Spent a lot of time wandering around Twilight Town just seeing how it all connects. I think whenever I get the DQB2 bug this year I'm going to try to transform the winter area into Twilight Town. Maybe turn the green gardens into sunset terrace. Will I keep playing KH? ...No clue! But that was nice for an afternoon.

I also played some DQXI. Man, the Gloomnivore chapter is something, isn't it? Although, as soon as I got my ship back I went off to do... literally everything but that story beat, so I think I ended up a bit over-leveled for the fight. Not terribly, he managed to KO El/Luminary, and I had to zing him, but overall I really wasn't struggling. Not a bad thing at this point, since I remember the boss on the return trip to Octogonia being... hm.

I really do like Act 2. If Act 1 was "meet the characters", then Act 2 is "the characters deal with their « Cow Poopoo »". Act 3 is... well. Act 3. If you really want to talk about a trip, man...
That being said, not sure if I'll go into Act 3/post-game right away this time around. It's fun, but I feel like by the time I finish the main game I'll be starting to get my motivation back, so maybe I can sneak in something else new before March.

The sun is eeever so slowly starting to rise earlier in the morning. 7:20 instead of 7:40. It's nice. I'm looking forward to when it gets to pre-7 AM.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote:I’ll just dump my ACNH rant here since there’s no other proper place for it anymore lol

For the life of me I wish we can place houses sideways. It’d make planning things more easier spacing wise. I keep rearranging the villager houses and it’s starting to get annoying XD
This. 1000%. I wish we didn't have to deal with a fixed camera, there's basically no excuse now, but being able to place houses ANY way other than what we've got would open up design options so much. :/ Boo.

--
Mostly still just playing DQB2. Planning areas on the Isle of Awakening, even though I know I need to advance the story to properly unlock all my options for developing the area. Might take screenshots if I make anything of worth, for now there's nothing, though. :lol: Just generic, functional buildings.

I'm also puttering in Genshin right now, since the lunar new year event is out. You are forced to do main quest before you can participate, though, which I'm not a huge fan of. But I'm enjoying that too. It's just very...comfy? In a different way to Builders 2, but both are comfy. Helps having comfy right now. Work has been stressful and I don't really feel like being productive right now, not since I got sick...
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Every time I see the memory outside of Zelda's study, I hate Rhoam even more.
Spoiler:
Every. Time. I don't buy this for some reason Japanese favourite cliche about harsh parents who "only have their child's best interests at heart" (Please insert extremely sarcastic tone and air quotes here.). That doesn't make neglect and/or mental and emotional abuse forgivable! :evil: :evil: :evil: You did NOTHING to help or support your daughter, Rhoam, you only ground her down to the breaking point, even told her malicious gossip about her to shame her into driving herself even harder even though she'd just gotten back from a crushing disappointment in spite of doing her best, and when there was nothing she could possibly have done differently, to boot. The game wants me to like him, does it, because when his deeply depressed and self-loathing daughter fiiiiiinally got back from her last failure, he'd finally, FINALLY try being nice to her? ARGH!

I despise Rhoam. He'll get no 'King' from me, just like covid gets no capitalization. He doesn't deserve to have that awesome foraging mountain named after him. I have always referred to it as Magic Mountain (I didn't KNOW the name for it for a while, and it's my sister's favourite gathering spot and has that magical glow on some nights, so it's always been Magic Mountain to me. Even now that I know the name, I'm not letting that dirtbag Rhoam have it in his honour.) I also refused to play him in AoC any time when I didn't HAVE to.

Grr. Makes me so danged mad and this loathsome cliche just keeps popping up in games and anime and manga.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Played through the Monark demo on PS5 yesterday. Reallllly turned off from it for two reasons. The first being is the pacing is really jarring. I get that they're trying to set up a mystery and drip feed us info, but something about it feels really off somehow. The second thing is that I absolutely loathe the trend/trope of having a cutesy/'scary' mascot character. The second Vanitas appeared my eyes rolled into space. I blame Danganronpa for not starting the trend, but making Monokuma so popular it's caused a chain reaction we can't stop. We literally can't have any JRPG that's either 'edgy' or 'risque' without a dumbass mascot character and it's driving me NUTS. And I get it, I do, they're highly marketable, but a piece of me dies every time a new game out of Japan has a qUiRkY mascot only made to sell plushies. So yeah, Monark is a big no.

Didn't play much else but got upgrades to a bunch of PS4 games on PS5. Final Fantasy VII Remake was an absolute nightmare to figure out how to upgrade from the PS+ version. Every single version said they were unavailable to purchase and it wasn't until I was 5 reddit threads deep did I find my solution. You have to go to the Intergrade store page and then select the '...' drop down menu, then select 'upgrade for PS+ users', then you can download the game, AND THEN you have pay $20 for the new content on a completely seperate page. What the actual « Snuggly Bunny », Square Enix, how would anyone know how to do this « Cow Poopoo »? That aside, I also upgraded Death Stranding, Nioh 2, and redownloaded Persona 5 Royal (no upgrade) because I may as well get all the quality games I'm sitting on from sales last year out in the open so I'll play them. Looking forward to the Black Desert Online PS5 upgrade sometime soon, hopefully, because it can be super rough in areas.

Debating on staying up til midnight and playing Arceus when it unlocks for four hours before I have to go into work again. Don't know if I really want to force my coworkers to deal with grumpy Bluie 2.0 (1.0 was back when Endwalker released and I was hardly sleeping to play lmao), but tomorrow is gonna suck anyways (lots of leftover work from today, yaaaayyyy...) so maybe I'll go all in lmao.