Yet Another Witch Princess Marriage Question

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
thecolorfulfarm
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

So I recently killed my 50th chicken. Exactly fifty. I'd heard that if your version is able to marry the Witch Princess she does her special "you're a horrible monster and I'm amused" announcement thing as long as the 50th death is a standalone death (however I've also heard conflicting information it doesn't trigger). Well, it didn't trigger and now I'm concerned because I really don't want to get to year 5 and have her purple event not trigger. Oh, I've had many days where multiple chickens have died (I think my record is 4) if that matters.

However, according to literally every source I can find on the issue, my version IS 1.1 - every easy check to confirm that confirms such. The code on the back of my cartridge is ABCEN1J22 & the pink necklace/choker shows up in my ship list when I ship it. ABCEN1J22 is not listed on the super helpful "how to marry the witch princess" post (https://fogu.com/hmforum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=64361 ) but additional googling says its a fixed version and the number to the left of the J IS a 1. I also have not tested the milker glitch because I'm not confident I could pull it off even on a glitched copy.

I'm going to kill off an additional 5 chickens just to be totally sure I haven't miscounted one or two, but...

Can anyone confirm they are able to marry the Witch Princess on an ABCEN1J22 copy? It would really put my mind at ease!

Thanks so much!
Terdin
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Your copy should be a more recent version than the 1.1 mentioned in the stickied thread, and your animal deaths do count.

From what I get from the thread on marrying the Witch Princess, is that she rarely shows up for that achievement, even on versions where that glitch has been fixed. Sure, you could kill a few more animals, but since the chickens and other livestock have a limited lifespan, you could also let them die when their time's up.

I've got a European version of the game.
thecolorfulfarm
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Terdin wrote:Your copy should be a more recent version than the 1.1 mentioned in the stickied thread, and your animal deaths do count.

From what I get from the thread on marrying the Witch Princess, is that she rarely shows up for that achievement, even on versions where that glitch has been fixed. Sure, you could kill a few more animals, but since the chickens and other livestock have a limited lifespan, you could also let them die when their time's up.

I've got a European version of the game.
I killed the extras to be TOTALLY sure I'd cleared the threshhold in case of miscountong. Waiting for a copy of the GBA game to come in the mail to continue (and my sympathies, Europe really got screwed there), but I will be continuing and really hoping it counts and I just didn't get her announcement (because as you said, it appears thats not uncommon).

I intend on updating here if I can trigger her purple heart event so a hard confirmation (or not) for this exact version exists on the internet. But that is late in year five thanks to the toadstool requirement so its not a quick thing!

I sure hope it works I bought this off ebay SPECIFICALLY looking for a 1.1 copy from the code.on the back....
Terdin
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

thecolorfulfarm wrote:(and my sympathies, Europe really got screwed there)
I know. Five fewer girls to woo, a bunch of random events gone for the same reason, on top of all the stuff that apparently went missing in the original translate from the Japanese version.

But at least there are no insurmountable obstacles in getting the Witch Princess or her opponent, just their ordinary difficult requirements.

My previous run ran aground when the file corrupted (probably happened to touch the screen or some button while it was saving, or it saved when flopping down to nap), and I had forgot to back it up on the other file for quite some time. So, now I'm back to where I'm just starting to build up a bunch of chickens to kill... :(

I'm still getting a bunch of the heart events for the other girls while hatching chickens and building poultry barns. In particular, I want to unlock the first hot spring before I go on a killing spree and drop everyone's opinion. The others are more of a bonus towards my farm rank.
thecolorfulfarm
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

That's not the worst idea, you can chill in the hot springs and work on unlocking the obnoxious purple team while you're making everyone hate your guts. I'm in Winter of year two and working on those guys now (don't have enough money to use the season for extensive mining, but I've just got the seed maker so Soon(TM)).

It was early fall year 1 I reached 55 chickens and everyone absolutely hated me. I am also doing heart events for the farm degree points! Since I'm doing a challenge candidate I may see if I can push this file to the maximum farm degree rank, why not.

I get so nervous about a save corruption. My cart is the latest US version so the least prone to it, but I still get nervous hiring the fishing team - but Harvest Goddess have mercy I am not catching 50k fish on my own. I definitely make sure not to mine while they're active though. Just to be safe.

Since SoS: FoMT happened I'm over here hoping this one gets remade at some point. I'd love to see Skye and Leia's redesigns (XSeed prefers far more accurate localization, so perhaps I should say Steiner and Lettuce?), and it's my all-time favorite BokuMono game (I fully admit nostalgia may be a significant factor here). I'd also love to be able to marry the mermaid as a girl without having to read Japanese. I think the Wonderful Life games & Animal Parade (although how that would work without rival marriages is beyond me) are a more likely candidate for remaking though. But they could even use save data from FoMT as the unlock criteria for the extra content! My only uncertainty would be how they would approach the touch screen. I mean the Switch CAN do it but I'd prefer to not HAVE to play it handheld to unlock sprites...

Aaand I went off on a tangent. I will definitely keep this topic updated on my status in marrying the WP! ...If I corrupt I may not have the heart to restart though, so uh. *aggressively crosses fingers*
Terdin
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I had yet to reach my first Harvest Festival when my file corrupted last time, but I still needed some time playing other games, before tackling it again. So, I can see why you'd lose heart if it happened to you after investing so much more effort. In the European version, the main reason for corrupted files seems to be movement while saving, or at least that's my experience of it.

Somehow managed to get Muffy's yellow heart event before my first chicken died, meaning I won't have to waste time to charm her again, before seeing her married off to the guy she already lives with.

I've got 54 sprites unlocked before the end of summer year 1. I admit to having focused more on unlocking them than getting the animals killed for the WP, mostly because I don't see a need to hurry, as I have to wait for her until Autumn of year 5 anyway. But being unable to see random events for having too low friendship kind of sucks, so now that I've got around to start it, there's no reason to dawdle. Also been giving her the valley bit by bit (weeds), to work on the 10,000 gifts.
Terdin
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Had some fun when I gave a 10th gift to HG, and picked WP as the one I wanted to like me more. Really fun reaction when she was forced to do something nice for her rival. :twisted:

Got my 50th chicken killed in early spring year 2, when the last fodder barn collapsed. By that time, I'd rescued Violetto from the last timed dip in the first hot spring. "Only" about 480 timed dips left in the second spring.

Now I should be able to work on restoring the friendship levels.
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Terdin wrote:Had some fun when I gave a 10th gift to HG, and picked WP as the one I wanted to like me more. Really fun reaction when she was forced to do something nice for her rival. :twisted:

Got my 50th chicken killed in early spring year 2, when the last fodder barn collapsed. By that time, I'd rescued Violetto from the last timed dip in the first hot spring. "Only" about 480 timed dips left in the second spring.

Now I should be able to work on restoring the friendship levels.
Oh my gosh, I would never have thought of using the cheap fodder barns as a way to quickly kill off animals. I’ll be sure to remember that just in case I ever want to woo the Witch Princess :lol:
Terdin
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I'm not sure I'd call it a quick way, but it can be one. The ones I built lasted for 2-3 seasons, largely because I avoided getting typhoons and blizzards. Didn't want the storms making a mess of other things. I ended up demolishing one of the two fodder barns towards the end of the culling, as they didn't seem to want to fall. The other one fell the next day.

I'd also recommend numbering the animals rather than name them if you go for the Witch Princess. Helps you keep track, so you don't have to kill a few extra just to be on the safe side. It also helps reduce the attachment.

One good thing is that even if the villagers are at 0 FP, they're still civil about it, saying the same things as they do around the beginning of the game. I felt kind of cheated about that. Would have been neat if they had one nastier response if one has less than 10 FP with them.
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Terdin wrote:I'm not sure I'd call it a quick way, but it can be one. The ones I built lasted for 2-3 seasons, largely because I avoided getting typhoons and blizzards. Didn't want the storms making a mess of other things. I ended up demolishing one of the two fodder barns towards the end of the culling, as they didn't seem to want to fall. The other one fell the next day.

I'd also recommend numbering the animals rather than name them if you go for the Witch Princess. Helps you keep track, so you don't have to kill a few extra just to be on the safe side. It also helps reduce the attachment.

One good thing is that even if the villagers are at 0 FP, they're still civil about it, saying the same things as they do around the beginning of the game. I felt kind of cheated about that. Would have been neat if they had one nastier response if one has less than 10 FP with them.
Pff yeah, I didn’t realize until after I responded that the fodder barns don’t collapse as quickly as I thought they would have. I think numbering the animals is a great idea. I feel the same way about the villagers’ FP. The dialogue in this game is kind of boring, but at the same time it’s always satisfying when I reach 100 FP (or whatever the number is) with a person and their dialogue changes.