Tree gone?

Where're the crops?! Searching the world for seed wisps on Nintendo Switch, Steam Ps4, and Xbox. [ Game Guide ] JP release = None. NA release = Mar 2021. EU release = Mar 2021.
HMFan12342
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I picked my orange tree in the goddess farm and it vanished. The entire tree. Has this happened to anyone else?
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

That's really strange. Was it one of the trees that were already growing in the goddess farm? (I can't remember what varieties they were.) If so I'd say that would be worth reporting to Natsume, that's very strange. Out of curiosity, can you walk into the space where the tree was? As in, does the game act like the tree is still there, but it's invisible, or even the space where it was is just...grass?

I've never had any of my trees vanish, personally, and toward the end of my time with the game I grew a bunch of them to make money. :/ Sorry I can't be of more help!
hmfan12342
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Hi! Thanks for responding. The tree just disappeared. There's nothing left, only grass. Maybe you could go here to see it. I posted the video: https://twitter.com/AJ52374981/status/1504457210645999621?s=20&t=6Avw0X1TCv3Sp48KzNeXMw
It startled me!
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Thanks for sharing the video! Definitely never seen that happen before. :o

As to why it's happening, I only have one idea (which is still strange). If by some random chance you happened to be moving in just the right spot while you were collecting fruit, you might have been able to clip/move inside the tree. And if that happened, the game may have deleted the tree because it was the simplest way to resolve what it saw as an error. Since your character being inside a tree would be bad.

Game assets (like trees) have an invisible sort of bubble around them called collision that lets you bump into them rather than just passing through them. And games are super weird so it's pretty easy when a whole bunch of people are playing a game for collision to break. Computer code is all very funny.

As for how to FIX it...

If have a backup save file (say if you've been saving in two slots), that would be the only thing I can think of. If you don't, it might be good to make one. If what I'm assuming happened is correct you should be fine without one, but... Just in case.
hmfan12342
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Thanks for telling me about that. How interesting! Every time I loaded a new save, the tree still disappeared. But now it's growing back, so . . . I guess it's supposed to do that? Weird. Never happened to me before.
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

I wonder if there is a specific number of times that a player can harvest fruit from a grown tree before the tree must be planted again? In this case the tree is one that is normally there in the game, so it resprouted itself. Kind of like how crops can be harvested 1 time or 2 times before they disappear and have to be replanted.

I've harvested oranges from that tree for a few years. Wonder if mine will disappear someday too :o