Rune Factory 5 Official Discussion Thread v1

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
JayDucky03
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:I always keep multiple save files, too, in addition to the autosave slot, in case my manual save (the one that usually matters most) gets corrupted somehow. That sucks that you lost your file, Mothership!
A few years ago I was playing KOTOR2 and I lost 4 hours of progress from a corrupted save. Now I always use 3 slots. Never again. :o
Anna_Lynn
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Is anybody else experiencing extremely distracting audio glitches in their game? I swear the more hours I've sunk into my save file, the worse it's gotten. With the lag being so bad, I've honestly grown used to pushing through low framerates when I load into a new screen, but the result is always overlapping sound clips, or sound clips that just straight up glitch on repeat. Hell I've even experienced in-game music just not load in and play at all, usually if I teleport inside of my room. One common example of glitching audio is if I exit my room and immediately run to my fields to harvest my crops, sometimes the audio bugs out and plays the little "pop" harvesting sound effect on repeat. Or if I teleport inside my room and interact with literally anything from the storage box to a cooking table, menu sound effects can start playing on repeat too. The only way I've seen to fix this is to immediately save and reload the file, but I hate having to drop whatever I'm doing at the time just to get the audio working correctly.

I know I should just wait 5 seconds every time I enter a screen so everything can load in...but I shouldn't HAVE to, y'know??? I'm waiting for the day when RF5 gets ported to either PC or a more powerful console, because my switch can barely run the game in handheld, especially on festival days. I've heard that turning off dynamic resolution in the settings can help with optimization, so I guess I'll try that just to see if anything changes. :(
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Nope no glitches here. I hope it fixes itself for you though.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I think I have been pretty lucky too, at worst I have had a little bit of jankyness (if that's a word) and some drag/ delays, but no outright glitching out this far. As for audio, I have been using the Japanese track the entire time, though I guess the music would be the same.
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

No glitches here either, and I’ve been playing for 80 hours. One thing that helps is closing and restarting the game every couple in-game days. Pretty sure most non-first party Switch games get buggy during really long play sessions, at least in my experience.

Other than a second or two of loading stutter and a weird contest conflict with a story event, mine’s been pretty smooth.
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Anytime I enter the outside area near HQ (either running out the door or coming from the dragon farm) I have to wait a few seconds for the field and plants to load.

One other time, when I load a game and immediately go to bed (I always save before going to bed), the sound does lag as I click the button to call it a day, my character gets into bed, and then I hear the sound of me clicking the button. But that lag goes away after I awake and start the next day.

Playing on the Switch Lite in handheld mode only.
Celestrian
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Speaking of glitches, I learned that Hina can in fact, clone herself. Image down below.
Spoiler:
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Celestrian wrote:Speaking of glitches, I learned that Hina can in fact, clone herself. Image down below.
Spoiler:
Either that or she has a twin sister we never knew existed XD
Anna_Lynn

Post  Posted:

Celestrian wrote:Speaking of glitches, I learned that Hina can in fact, clone herself. Image down below.
Spoiler:
YES I've had that exact same glitch with Hina too! It must be with that specific conversation, since the photo I snapped in my switch gallery is the same dialogue. Another glitch I've seen specifically with Hina is that her festival dialogue will occasionally play twice, almost as if it overlaps the greeting dialogue for the day.

I've also seen villager 2D portraits swapping if you initiate a request with them. It was the beginning of summer and I talked to Julian at the beach; he had his normal dialogue and his 2D portrait was swimwear since it was summer at the time. Then he asked me for a bird's feather, but his 2D portrait behind the dialogue box had switched to his everyday outfit, despite still at the beach in his swimwear.
Mothership
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Ow...it always hurts a bit when you "outgrow" the free baths.
Embry
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

On the topic of glitches, I cam here to ask about a weird one that Googling isn't helping me with. New bosses aren't loading! I waltzed right past where the boss of the SEED fortress second floor was supposed to be and onto the third floor, and the third floor boss isn't showing up either, making progress impossible. Bosses I've encountered before still show up when I backtrack to them, including the fortress's first floor boss. I THINK this started around the time I began Beatrice's pre-marriage event, so maybe there's a conflict there and things will work right after I clear that out? If not, I'm worried this might be a game-breaking bug. Anyone here encounter anything like this?
Anna_Lynn

Post  Posted:

Embry wrote:On the topic of glitches, I cam here to ask about a weird one that Googling isn't helping me with. New bosses aren't loading! I waltzed right past where the boss of the SEED fortress second floor was supposed to be and onto the third floor, and the third floor boss isn't showing up either, making progress impossible. Bosses I've encountered before still show up when I backtrack to them, including the fortress's first floor boss. I THINK this started around the time I began Beatrice's pre-marriage event, so maybe there's a conflict there and things will work right after I clear that out? If not, I'm worried this might be a game-breaking bug. Anyone here encounter anything like this?
Yes I believe an anonymous fishie was having the exact same bug a few days ago as well. Apparently having active town events can stop bosses from spawning (which sounds like a huge oversight imo) and the fishie stated that completing the town/romance event allowed the bosses to start spawning in. Luckily it doesn't appear to be game-breaking, but sometimes it can be sequence-breaking in regards to story plot and cutscenes.
Embry
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Anna_Lynn wrote: Yes I believe an anonymous fishie was having the exact same bug a few days ago as well. Apparently having active town events can stop bosses from spawning (which sounds like a huge oversight imo) and the fishie stated that completing the town/romance event allowed the bosses to start spawning in. Luckily it doesn't appear to be game-breaking, but sometimes it can be sequence-breaking in regards to story plot and cutscenes.
Good to know!! Thank you.
Somerandom
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I’ve experienced a few glitches including the sound one, but that only happened after a long play session. Hina’s festival dialogue is usually glitched for me as it has played twice on most festival days. Not sure if I should spoiler this glitch I experienced later in the game but I will just in case.
Spoiler:
Ludmila’s dialogue when my character was pregnant was always glitched, the conversation played twice and she never gave me a congratulations or any greeting whatsoever at that time. Granted this was only a problem when my character was pregnant.
I heard from someone the amount of glitches and problems was due to the engine the game was built on not running well on the switch. Is this true? If so that would probably explain a lot of the problems.

The comments from other villagers when you are in a party with a character you are dating or are married to are in the game. But you can only see them after you go on a date with them and keep them in your party only found out because I went to the hot springs to replenish my RP and HP after another run through of the Rigbarth maze following a date with Reinhard. When I came up to the counter Murakumo said this (voiced only) “Are you two… on a date?” In 4 these comments were said whenever this person was in your party. Even more interestingly some of the other candidates sounded kind of hurt when we walked past them and I don’t understand why. Is it a glitch or did they just program one piece of dialogue for everyone?
bitsy_bites5
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I haven't gotten very far into the game yet, I was a bit burnt out from how much I played Pokémon Legends Arceus, and by the time I was starting to get back to wanting to actually play I had too many things that made finding time for games difficult (my mom coming to town for a while to visit and working). Because I've barely played the game since it came out I've been debating whether I should start over completely or rush the story and use the post game features to make things easier for me (I kinda suck at gaming).