Rune Factory 5: Weddings [spoilers]

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Somerandom
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I created this thread to point out the differences between the character proposals and weddings in Rune Factory 5. Also because I saw that not all the weddings were created equal. I had married Reinhard and was like wow this wedding dialog is unique, I like it better than 4’s. I then watched other weddings on YouTube and noticed a lot of repeated generic comments. So I decided to calculate how unique a wedding is by the amount of unique dialog per candidate. Let’s just say some characters seem to be better loved than others in the dialogue department. I thought people might be interested in seeing how unique each character’s wedding is from the others.
Data
Spoiler:
How many characters have unique dialogue at their wedding

Lucy 20 characters (everyone has unique dialog apart from Misasagi, Fuuka and Scarlett)

Priscilla 7 characters (technically 11 if Ryker, Murakumo, Heinz and Ludmila are included) (Reinhard and Beatrice don’t appear)

Beatrice 19 characters (technically 20 if you count Beatrice’s response to Misa’s generic comment) (everyone has unique dialog apart from Scarlett, Lucas and Simone)

Fuuka 11 characters (13 if you count Ryker and Ludmila)
(Reinhard and Beatrice don’t appear)

Ludmila 9 characters(12 if you count Darroch, Heinz and Palmo)

Scarlett 15 characters

Reinhard 20 characters (everyone has unique dialog apart from Misasagi, Hina and Simone)

Martin 11 characters (13 if you count Ludmila and Heinz)

Cecil 8 characters (11 if you count Murakumo, Heinz and Ludmila)

Ryker 10 characters

Lucas
No data yet

Murakumo
No data yet
Spoiler:
Notes

With regards to proposals, if you have all the requirements (and no other events are running) they will accept it automatically, it’s not RNG based like confessions.

Lucas and Murakumo don’t have their weddings uploaded to YouTube so I don’t know how unique their weddings are but I’m pretty sure that at least Misasagi and Hina for Murakumo and Heinz for Lucas will have unique dialogue due to them being close to the respective characters.

I don’t know about Lucas or Murakumo yet but Reinhard is the only one of the guys who will not accept the ring immediately and propose to you the next day.

Same gender marriages are basically the same as opposite gender ones, there aren’t many differences between them except that both your character and the candidate where the same outfit.

Reinhard and Beatrice only appear in each other’s and Lucy’s weddings for some strange reason. I have no idea why. Did the devs just forget about them or something. (If they can write a useless part at the start of Ludmila’s wedding about her having a possible wardrobe malfunction, because yes that happens, surely they can write at least one line for Reinhard and Beatrice to say before the ceremony)

In most of the ceremonies that have more unique dialog, the characters appear in different places from the norm. For example in Beatrice’s wedding Priscilla and Lucy appear next to the bridge on the side where Darroch usually is. Misasagi and Hina also aren’t on the other side of the bridge like almost every other ceremony.

I didn’t wish to write down the exact pieces of dialogue because even if this is under spoiler, I don’t want to spoil anyone and would rather encourage them to watch the cutscenes.

The guys ceremonies tend to be more generic than the girls.

When I have put the name of Ryker, Murakumo, Heinz, Darroch, Palmo or Ludmila in brackets beside a character it means that they say a generic comment but your spouse has a unique response to the statement.

Interestingly, Priscilla who is being pushed by the game as the main bachelorette (through both the story and her daily dialogues) has the most generic ceremony of the girls.

Probably my favourite of these ceremonies has to be Lucy’s for the girls and Reinhard for the boys.

The funniest moment of unique dialogue goes to Ryker for what he says during Martin’s wedding.
So what does everyone think about the weddings in 5? Also let me know if I miscounted the unique dialog for a certain character.