Rune Factory 5 - Farm tools final upgrades

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
RoyWater
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Hey!
So, I just upgraded my tools to the last level (above forging lvl 80) and I didn't notice any change but the charge time they need. The watering can and the hoe water/till the same spaces as before.
Is this how it works? I don't think it's worth the time invested or the rare ingredients for nothing.
Is this for real? Am I doing something wrong? How can I unlock the true potential of the tools?
Anna_Lynn
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

I was disappointed with the last level hoe and watering can too.

The axe and hammer have a better use, when fully upgraded they have a high chance of getting double the lumber/material stone drops from the rocks and stumps (and better mining). The sickle is useful at max too because it guarantees level 10 seeds, so you're not constantly having to pump greenifier into the soil and pray for a crop to hit level 10. Idk what the fishing rod does when at max, but if I had to guess I'd say that charging it up would help with the radius in which fish notice the bobber in the water, and also more lenient reaction times for fish bites.
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

The upgrades for tools can just all be scrape metal can't they? The material doesn't make any difference?

Course I do want to put the magnify glass on some of them so I can check plant/soil health without needing to pull out a separate tool to do it.
Anna_Lynn

Post  Posted:

LeBurns wrote:The upgrades for tools can just all be scrape metal can't they? The material doesn't make any difference?
Ok that's my bad, when I said tool "upgrades" I meant the actual recipe itself, aka farming bread recipes. I believe if you were to take say, any cheap tool and upgrade it to level 10, it wouldn't do squat, sadly.

RoyWater was referring to the level 80 tools you get from farming bread+, the ones requiring post-game orichalcum to craft.
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Anna_Lynn wrote:
LeBurns wrote:The upgrades for tools can just all be scrape metal can't they? The material doesn't make any difference?
Ok that's my bad, when I said tool "upgrades" I meant the actual recipe itself, aka farming bread recipes. I believe if you were to take say, any cheap tool and upgrade it to level 10, it wouldn't do squat, sadly.

RoyWater was referring to the level 80 tools you get from farming bread+, the ones requiring post-game orichalcum to craft.
Thanks.

Well I did learn that if you upgrade the sickle's level you can get higher level seeds without needing the upgraded version of the sickle. That upgrade can be done with just scrape metal as all you're trying to do is get the tool up to level 10.
*LaI*
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

LeBurns wrote:Well I did learn that if you upgrade the sickle's level you can get higher level seeds without needing the upgraded version of the sickle. That upgrade can be done with just scrape metal as all you're trying to do is get the tool up to level 10.
Does leveling a sickle to level 10 really do anything?

I just did a quick test on a level 3 crop. Both level 1 and level 10 cheap sickle gave a lv3 seed. Had to use an iron sickle to get a lv4.

Then sickled a level 3 tree that had been raised from a lv1 seed with greenifier (just 0.45 tho). Both the lv1 and lv10 cheap sickle gave a lv4 seed.

And also, I already have a few lv10 crops with a level 1 silver sickle, so really what matters the most is using greenifier+.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

As far as I know, the level of your sickle doesn't matter until you need level 10 seeds...it seems to have no effect on lower-level seeds.
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah the tool's upgrade level does nothing for seed leveling.

The highest watering can (platinum) having the same spread size as the one below IS a pretty lousy deal. I think there's a recipe for a higher level hoe but that's pretty useless for everyday. With monsters tending farms, watering can isn't That necessary but I have a few manual farms where I'm growing leveling crops for giants that I don't want harvested so I water them myself.

I have nothing much to use the orichalum ore so it's sad.