Rune Factory 5 Dates keep getting rejected

Covering Innocent Life (PsP/Ps2), Rune Factory 1 (DS), Rune Factory 2 (DS), Rune Factory 3 (DS/Switch), Rune Factory Frontier (Wii), Rune Factory Tides of Destiny (Wii/Ps3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS/Switch/Steam), and Rune Factory 5 (Switch/Steam).
Shymuffin6
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I've been trying to ask Ryker and Reinhard for a date and they keep telling me no. Ryker is at 8 hearts and Reinhard is at 10. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, there's no sub events going on either. I've resetted multiple times and no luck. Can someone help me out? Losing my mind over this x.x
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

RF5 has made dates notoriously difficult to get. If you look at this thread, you'll see that several people had a terrible time getting dates and/or having their confessions or proposals accepted. It's just a thing in RF5. A very unfortunate thing. :(
Shymuffin6
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

This makes me feel potential open events can cancel out from accepting any dates.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah, I'd definitely avoid having any events triggered (or a story event or festival due) though I don't remember if it's been confirmed that they have an impact. But people have save-reset on it, and it's all RNG, cuz if you reset often enough, some people manage to get an acceptance eventually, so it wasn't an event blocking anything in those cases.
Celestrian
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

That's odd. I've only been turned down about three times. Ryker has said yes almost every single time. I didn't know it was rng. Maybe I was just lucky.
Shymuffin6
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

So I found through reddit with users having a similar issue that it can be related to story progression. I progressed in the story a bit and had absolutely no issues either getting one of them to accept me. Thank goodness.
K8sMum
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

I've got Reinhard at a bit over 10. He is saying romantic things, but when I tell him I love him I get the "Is this where I'm supposed to laugh? ...." line. I'm about to do the cloud world. I believe I've met the prerequisites. I save and then tell him again, numerous times, but it's not working.
There don't seem to be any other romance stories going. There's no way to know what else I need to do. It's really killing my enjoyment of the game.
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I understand that the relationship part of marriage is set for post-game but I'm there and no dates.

Guess they want that part to drag out in post-game cuz there's nothing else to do after beating the maze. Growing giant gold crops and making higher level gear and leveling to the thousands is okay but kinda pointless without goals.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I confessed successfully I think at level 8 or 9 to Reinhard. Since the luck seems to be so evil for everyone I tried to get all the other candidate and villager events out of the way first, hoping it would help, but I really think it's a luck thing. I almost thought he was rejecting me again until I noticed the dialogue was slightly different. You don't have to be done with the story to marry. I married before I even finished
Spoiler:
the cloud castle area.
The ending is also slightly different if you're married already. I hope you all have a change in luck soon.
K8sMum
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

It finally triggered for me. I'd about given up hope thinking I must have missed an event.

If you save, confess, and it doesn't work sleep and save again, trying the next day.