Help requests not showing up on the request board.

Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS [ Game Guide ]
frans4life
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Hi, for some reason help request postings are infrequent and sporadic and I can't figure out why.
My save is:
  • In Year 3, Summer
  • At request level 7
  • 4-6 flowers with all request posters
  • I've also been checking both boards as soon as the day starts, before 10am.
  • Unmarried
All of these things applied to Year 2 as well. Not including the requests that are dependent on a previous one being completed, I can't see why some just aren't showing up!

Thinking back, these were the only requests that were posted:
Dirk (1st winter)
Gombe (1st+2nd spring, 1st summer, 1st fall)
Mako (Spring)
Nori (none)
Sheng (1st spring, 1st+2nd fall)
Ash (1st spring, 1st summer)
Cheryl (none)
Jessica (1st fall)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated... :)
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

It's random as to what appears on the board for the everyday style of requests. Up to 6 can appear at 6am, but that's not guaranteed. Maybe leaving the quests on the board that do appear to see if that unlocks more? The randomness seems to be what's causing the issue in your game.
frans4life
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Cherubae wrote: Jun 17, 2022 9:02 am It's random as to what appears on the board for the everyday style of requests. Up to 6 can appear at 6am, but that's not guaranteed. Maybe leaving the quests on the board that do appear to see if that unlocks more? The randomness seems to be what's causing the issue in your game.
This may be it...? If I just reload the day, it doesn't change what requests are posted. But if I accept even one request, it seemingly re-rolls what requester/rank/number will show up the next day. But after a long time of doing this, the help request I'm trying to get (Ash's 13 Summer one) refuses to appear. He also has another A-rank request up for items I can't get. Could this be a factor?
frans4life
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

frans4life wrote: Jun 17, 2022 7:02 pm
Cherubae wrote: Jun 17, 2022 9:02 am It's random as to what appears on the board for the everyday style of requests. Up to 6 can appear at 6am, but that's not guaranteed. Maybe leaving the quests on the board that do appear to see if that unlocks more? The randomness seems to be what's causing the issue in your game.
He also has another A-rank request up for items I can't get. Could this be a factor?
After some testing, I think this is the case.
Request already posted -> no help request https://imgur.com/z7jFvbL
No requests posted -> help request available https://imgur.com/VMCHuwW
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

So you actually have requests on the board, and they're just sitting there incomplete? Sorry, I assumed you meant that you were getting NO requests at all! I didn't catch that you were specifically asking about the day-specific Help Me requests.

It sounds like you discovered that having a normal request on the board would block his Help Me request on Summer 13. Is that correct?
Terdin
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

After some testing, I think this is the case.
Yes. The villagers can't have more than one request up at any one time. The exception being Ina and Rose, who can ask you to give something to someone else, in addition to an ordinary request.

There's been a few cases when I've wanted a scheduled request, but the day before, they put up one at random, asking for things I can't get, at least not at that short notice. Which means I have to try again next year.

This also means that any S-rank requests from the Oracle will have to either happen in what remains of a season after completing one of her item requests, or after getting the last cart from her. Which is why I try to complete her easier requests first thing in a season.
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

Have you tried accepting the person's yellow-papered request from the day before they post their orange-papered Help request? There's nothing to prevent you from not completing a request that you accepted. You can just let it expire from your request list.
Terdin
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Cherubae wrote: Jun 19, 2022 9:20 am Have you tried accepting the person's yellow-papered request from the day before they post their orange-papered Help request? There's nothing to prevent you from not completing a request that you accepted. You can just let it expire from your request list.
I've tried that many times. If it can't expire until after a special request is supposed to come up, whether it's a "help wanted" or "item needed" request, the special request won't appear. Only one active request per villager at any time. Doesn't matter if it's accepted or on the noticeboard.