What Game(s) Would You Want to See Remade?

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Lynzahai
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I have a strong desire to see the Breath Of Fire series and the Ape Escape series remade
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

If I really love a game, I probably don't want to see a remake of it at all. A remaster at most, possibly a straight port, if it's not so old as to be downright decrepit in function or appearance.

I'd like a light remaster or enhanced port of Xenoblade Chronicles X. Really, I just want to be able to play it on Switch (or at least the Switch's successor!) which would entail an overhaul since the original is very dependent on two screens...the TV screen AND the wiipad screen. It also very much needs a few basic QoL, mainly adjustable audio (the music often completely drowns out voices in cutscenes) and adjustable UI text, as many people found it too tiny to read, even if they sat uncomfortably close to the television, let alone if they were trying to read it on their gamepad.

The graphics are still rather nice-looking. It's not ultra HD, but I've never cared about HD all that much, tbh, nor do I really notice frame rate since it has to go VERY low before I see anything different.

I played Sierra games as a child, and LOVED them...mainly King's Quest and Quest for Glory, but I don't actually have any desire to see them remade. I guess I'm not the type to cling on to much nostalgia...once it's in the past, I feel okay leaving it there, it seems. Usually. Plus I find remasters are often a disappointment. Like the Twilight Princess HD one...I liked the way the game looked better BEFORE they remastered it for HD. I think having truly old favourites remade would just ruin them for me and make me upset...I'd rather leave them as they were.

I'd like to be able to play ANB and Trio on Switch, but that would only need to be a light remaster or enhanced port, imo, to not look gritty/messy on a TV screen. And I think that's about it. Oh...I do want them to hurry up and add Ace Attorney 4-6 into a compilation for Switch, like they did with Ace Attorney 1-3. They gave that a little bit of enhancement, but without really changing it.
CarterThePriest
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Tbh i would want a remake of some of the chibi-robo games. For 3 Reasons. 1 it would make it more accessible to more people as... 2. The GC game is hard to get and expensive as a diamond. 3. the DS games (Park Patrol) Was only available at Walmart and the other was Japanese only. If We could get a remake of the 2nd DS game and the GC game Mixed Together then... That would be amazing and maybe a return to formula with the series. (Note: I Know That Chibi-Robo GC got a remaster on the Wii but it was only in Japan.)
Somerandom
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Upon seeing my last post in this thread I pretty much agree with what I said back then, however I have some additions into the games I want remade/rereleased list since then.

I still want a trio rerelease in the vein of RF4 special where the game is rereleased with slight graphical performance and UI updates for it to work better on the switch. In addition to that it should release with the DLC from the original game included in game at the start and maybe some new modes and side stories separate to the main game like what newlywed mode was to RF4.

In terms of other games, I want to see rereleases of Puyo Puyo Sun and n in addition to the games that I stated in my earlier post. Mainly I want older Japanese exclusive or hard to play today games to be rereleased and accessible today. I do think Nintendo should start rereleasing more GameCube and Wii titles, as those who grew up with those games are older now and have nostalgia for these games.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Pfft, I didn't even realize this was an OLD thread that got resurrected by Lynzahai rather than a NEW thread created by them, cuz theirs was the first one on the page, plus we tend to get this topic repeating anyway. Well, looks like I said the same thing again as I did the first time...interesting. I'm consistent, I guess. I would still want Xillia 1 + 2 but again, that's not about a remake. I don't really like remakes, not of games I really loved...it tends to just desecrate them. Enhanced ports and sometimes proper remasters, but not remakes.

Well, oops, anyway. Everybody, please remember to check the date of the last reply in a thread. Technically, if it's more than ten days, we're not supposed to reply...though Cherubae seems fine with stretching it out a bit past ten days now since the board is no longer busy enough for a mere ten days to cause confusion. But as you can see, reviving a thread suddenly after even only half a year does cause confusion, lol. (Mainly because it began a whole new page of comments, in this case!)
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote: Jun 23, 2022 6:11 pm Pfft, I didn't even realize this was an OLD thread that got resurrected by Lynzahai rather than a NEW thread created by them, cuz theirs was the first one on the page, plus we tend to get this topic repeating anyway. Well, looks like I said the same thing again as I did the first time...interesting. I'm consistent, I guess. I would still want Xillia 1 + 2 but again, that's not about a remake. I don't really like remakes, not of games I really loved...it tends to just desecrate them. Enhanced ports and sometimes proper remasters, but not remakes.

Well, oops, anyway. Everybody, please remember to check the date of the last reply in a thread. Technically, if it's more than ten days, we're not supposed to reply...though Cherubae seems fine with stretching it out a bit past ten days now since the board is no longer busy enough for a mere ten days to cause confusion. But as you can see, reviving a thread suddenly after even only half a year does cause confusion, lol. (Mainly because it began a whole new page of comments, in this case!)
I forgot that I made this thread 😂
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Alas, we discussed Chrono Cross upthread and spoke that into being, but not Threads of Fate. XD

Still hoping for news about a new SOS/HM remake soon. Maybe once they finish porting PoOT.