Doraemon Story of Seasons Sequel

SNES, HM64, BTN, STH, A Wonderful Life, Another Wonderful Life, AWL:SE, Magical Melody, Puzzle de HM, Tree of Tranquility, Animal Parade, Frantic Farming, Hero of Leaf Valley, My Little Shop, Seeds of Memories, Lil' Farmers, Light of Hope, Popolocrois: SoS, and Doraemon: SoS.
Burning Spear
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Just announced on the Nintendo Direct Mini. My goodness ... my day, week, month and year have been made. I so love that game and am glad to see it gets another installment.
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Yes! I really liked the first, and wasn't expecting a sequel at all! I'm glad it did well enough to warrant it. I don't see folks chatting about the first game very often, but maybe it'll get a little more buzz now that they've announced a sequel.
CarterThePriest
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I wanted one as well but slight problem... Doesn't the gadgets kinda ruin the whole purpose of the main story of seasons / Farming Game formula?
Burning Spear
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

CarterThePriest wrote: Jun 29, 2022 7:49 am I wanted one as well but slight problem... Doesn't the gadgets kinda ruin the whole purpose of the main story of seasons / Farming Game formula?
I can't speak for how gadgets may be implemented in the sequel, but in the first installment I didn't bother with the gadgets at all. Just played it like a regular SoS game. On the other hand, I know others welcomed the gadgets for their ability to make farming easier and travel quicker. Play it in the way that suits your taste.

Personally, I was more excited for this than I would have been for another mainline installment. Olive Town was literally and figuratively a Three Ring circus, and I have little faith that future iterations will return to where Trio of Towns left off.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I didn’t finish the first one but I’ll give this one a chance. Playing as a little boy is weird but it works.
malon212
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I heard that Marvelous is developing this entry. To be honest i like the first one but this one looked too similar, i really need to see the amount of changes that this will have, before thinking of buying it. Currently more excited for the Squareenix lifesim then this.
Burning Spear
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

malon212 wrote: Jun 30, 2022 8:37 pm I heard that Marvelous is developing this entry. To be honest i like the first one but this one looked too similar, i really need to see the amount of changes that this will have, before thinking of buying it. Currently more excited for the Squareenix lifesim then this.
The same as the first game: Bandai Namco is the lead developer. But this one does seem like its story and game play are a bit more out there, e.g., farming above the clouds.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

malon212 wrote: Jun 30, 2022 8:37 pm I heard that Marvelous is developing this entry. To be honest i like the first one but this one looked too similar, i really need to see the amount of changes that this will have, before thinking of buying it. Currently more excited for the Squareenix lifesim then this.
But the people still within Marvelous...they're no longer the people who worked on Bokumono prior to Olive Town. Olive Town's art was designed by the same guy we've known (Matsuyama), and Nakano was the director, and he was part of the dev team before (though not as a director...the director used to be Hashimoto). But basically those are the only people we know of from past games who actually worked on Olive Town. (Everyone else who used to work on Bokumono seems to have been packaged off into Hakama, so they're not doing projects at the main branch any more.) All the development work for Olive Town was contracted out to Three Rings, who "planned, programmed and wrote" the whole game...people totally new to the series. Plus Nakano had never directed the games before, so that's probably why Olive Town felt so drastically different from Bokumono games of the past...the director is in charge of a game's overall flavour/framework.

So if people from Marv worked on it, I'm betting it was Three Rings under Nakano's direction again, since Marv JP specifically said they plan to continue to work with them.

DID anyone spell out that this game was actually developed by Marvelous this time, not Bamco? The first game was a DORAEMON game, with Story of Seasons tacked on, imo. Is this one supposed to be the opposite balance? More of a Story of Seasons game, with Doraemon tacked on? I hadn't heard anything like that. If it's true, I'd love to see the source of the information. I mean, I've seen a couple fans saying that this was made by Marv, but they said that about the first game, too, which wasn't true. Fandoms always contain a huge load of misinformation...it can be strangely difficult to pin down the actual facts.

Does anyone know who is taking the title of developer on this one? Bandai Namco, or Marvelous? (I believe it's still Bamco.)

Well, anyway, I did try the demo of the first game cuz it was so beautiful, I wanted to play it, but I don't like the Doraemon characters, so that ruined it for me, but that art style remains absolutely spectacular. Congrats to those who've been hoping for this! I hope it turns out really well.
Burning Spear
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Let me correct myself. Marvelous is indeed the developer here. Not good news to me. I would have preferred if they had stuck with Brownies. Marvelous' contribution probably explains the arrival of the pink chickens and the super-size crops. In any case, some people may have missed that the developer trailer has now been translated. Check it out here. ...

https://youtu.be/qtahzMHZa7k
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ahh, thanks for direct confirmation, Burning Spear. It's always good to hear directly from the original source rather than through the fandom or game journalism that doesn't cite its sources, or does so second or third-hand. Hmm. So the work on this game has quite likely been done by Three Rings, under hire/the direction of Marvelous. (This is my assumption given by what went on with Olive Town and Marv's stated commitment to continuing to work with Three Rings.) I'm not sure who that's good for, but...I hope this sequel will be to the liking of those who loved the first game. It does at least still look beautiful (barring the characters, of course, but that's Doraemon design, so no getting around that part.)
Areli
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

It was a pleasant surprise, hopefully it will become its own series (like RF did at the time). I don't know anything about Doraemon, however the RPG approach and mechanics was new to me.
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Sorry for bumping this up, but would anyone know the price of this game (Doraemon Story of Seasons: Friends of the Great Kingdom) on the Nintendo Switch (US dollars)? I imagine it will be quite a lot.

I'm talking about the Special edition (Standard game + DLC season pass + etc...). Maybe the pre-order will be a bit cheaper?

I got the details from this video:

Edit:

I found the Steam page for Doraemon Story of Seasons: Friends of the Great Kingdom. It lists the edition I want (Special Edition at $65 US). The standard edition is $50 US.

Burning Spear
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Heads up: The demo is NOW LIVE on the Japanese eShop. It has English subtitles.
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I really hope that North America (and Europe, too) gets the demo. It may come out tonight, or tomorrow. Or, maybe Thursday/Friday. Since, especially Thursday, is when they release the most new games on the Nintendo Switch e-shop.
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

The demo for Doraemon Story of Seasons: Friends of the Great Kingdom is now available on Steam. It has a release date of November 1st on Steam.

No listing on the Switch's e-shop yet (no demo there either).