Mystic Valley Extra Cutscenes

A fishing RPG that's older than Harvest Moon. Current games include River King 1 (GB/3DS VC), River King 2 (GBC/3DS VC), River King Advanced (GBA), A Wonderful Journey (Ps2), and Mystic Valley (DS)
Terra575
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I've been replaying River King: Mystic Valley, and finally beat the main storyline thanks to Cher's guide! :bunny:

But there's one thing I noticed wasn't mentioned on the guide (I think), and I haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere online since this game is so obscure. But I've been getting cutscenes with the cast that aren't connected with the main story line. So far I've had three;

• One with Ahaya and Ren in the cave. Ren asks you to fish with him, not for competition this time, but just to relax. As you fish together he talks about concerns over his sister. He's noticed lately that she's not as clingy anymore, and he thinks it's a bittersweet change. He asks if you can relate as an older brother. Your options are either to say that you kind of get it, or not at all. I chose the first option, and he replies that you might understand more in the future, but he's glad for the talk. Ahaya comes up to ask what you two are talking about, and with a smile Ren claims they were just discussing 'manly stuff'.

• A two-part event with Nekomata and Ogre child. Both scenes take place at the rocky stream. The first scene shows Ogre following Nekomata trying to get her attention. She's annoyed with his persistence, and says she has no interest in him. She leaves in a huff, and that's when Ogre notices your character standing nearby. He still wants to be Neko's friend, and isn't going to give up. He orders you to find some Catnip for Ogre to give her.

• The second part is triggered when you give Ogre a Catnip plant at the swamp. Impatiently he accepts the Catnip and urges you to follow him to the stream. Once there, Nekomata is not happy to see him. She warns him not to give her another one of his weird gifts. Ogre insists that this gift is different, because it's something she will love. He gives her the Catnip and she's pleasantly surprised! Ogre giddily tells you that he's off to go on a date with Nekomata now, and the pair leave the area together.

Edited to add: I just got a third part to this scene, it was trigged at the swamp in the afternoon I think. Ogre was being followed by Neko because he still had catnip. Ogre's sick of it, because this clingy version of Nekomata isn't the one he loves. You can throw away the catnip for him, and Neko suddenly snaps out of it. She's annoyed that Ogre was using the catnip to make her follow him around, and her insults are a relief to him, because the old Nekomata is back!

These are all I've gotten so far, I have no idea if there are more! If anyone knows of a complete list, please let me know! : )
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

There are a couple of sub events in the game :)

After the cave one with Ren and Ahaya, there's a follow-up event with Manato at the Pond area.
Terra575
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oh cool, I'll try to get that one! Thank you Cher!! : D