Is it worth it to play both IoH and SI?

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
iLoveSprites75
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I sold my copy of Island of Happiness considering it's essentially the same as Sunshine Island and I didn't like playing with just the touchpad. I wanted to buy it back off of Natsume's website but every time I tried their crappy website would stop working. So veterans, is it even worth it to play both or should I let it go? It's got some differences of course but the characters are the same, and I believe the farming mechanics are almost the same as well.
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

I didn’t like playing with just the touchpad either, but I would play both games just for the sake of playing as many Harvest Moon games as possible 😂 I thought both games were okay,
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I really enjoyed both games, and didn't mind the touch pad controls for IoH. I got used to them, but having said that, I also haven't played it in a long time.

I would say it would depend on how much you like unlocking stuff in IoH, whether it's worth picking up in addition to SI. IoH is one of my favorites of all time due to the "you are personally stimulating the economy and causing the area to grow and the characters and shops to appear" gimmick it has, but if you aren't as into that, and aren't going to be into the same set of characters twice, it's probably better to just pick up SI.