New and tentative game announcements (V2)

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Looks like there is going to be a Pokemon Direct tomorrow at 6 am Pacific time, which would be 8 am Central I think?
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Currently camping on the stream. While I am looking forward to seeing more of Scarlet&Violet, I really, REALLY hope we either get a new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, or a remake of Explorers of Sky. A Switch collection of all the 3DS spinoffs would be really cool too, but that's just a pipe dream.

Edit: I was a fool to dream lmao.
Lynzahai
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I for one am looking forward to the Pac Man World Re Pac release
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ohhhh my goooooosh, I am now extremely hyped for Splatoon 3 after that direct today. I am in absolute love with the new idols, Deep Cut, especially Frye. People online are already dubbing her 'uglier than Pearl. Mannnn, « I love You ». Not every character has to look like some top model goddess. Variety is the spice of life! Currently listening to Anarchy Rainbow on repeat.
infel
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Well, I never expected this so soon. Looks like Disgaea 7 is coming out in Japan next year

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/08/disgaea ... and-switch

This is truly surprising. I mean, I did believe we'd get a seventh game, just not so quickly. Like with the new Pokemon games coming out, I'm wary about this. Not too excited given what Disgaea 6 was, but we'll see. I know a small part of me is sort of excited, but not by much. Still, if you're a fan, Disgaea 7 is indeed being made.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Re: Legend is going to have a big announcement on the 30th apparently. If it's not the release date of 1.0 on consoles the entirety of their backers are going to go scorched earth with them. It's been 5 years with no updates worth noting. At this point I don't even want the damn thing on the Switch any more, but it's probably way too much trouble to try and switch my code to another platform.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

IT'S ALIVE...! I was just checking email and 90% of the time I ignore the flood of « Puppy Doodoo » Twitter sends my way, but... it was a Maddie Thorson retweet, of a Mineko's Night Market trailer?! I'm guessing the game was too much work in its old style, I'm really impressed it hasn't been abandoned after so long. Actually made me sit up..
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah, I saw it at Gamescom. (I don't mean in person, just in the tweets from the Mineko people introducing their new trailer.) Wasn't sure if anyone was still interested. Not sure if *I* am still interested. My first inclination is to say 'no', just like with Re: Legend. Re: Legend says they say they have a 'big announcement to make', but they say that so often over the past years, it's lost all meaning. Though with Mineko, it probably does mean something this time. With it updating on the eshop and the release date being '2022', I figure we really are going to see it release sometime in the next 4 months.

Both Re: Legend and Mineko are now games I definitely will not buy on release, in favour of waiting until I see other people play it and get a better feel for the gameplay and its performance. I hope they're good. Re: Legend in particular looked like it had SO much potential when it was in Kickstarter, and they have been working on it all this time, but it's been a very tiresome and dispiriting journey to follow, that's for sure. Glad I wasn't one of the Kickstarters! Being one for MTaP was hard enough with the way console backers were left entirely out of the loop...Re: Legend is much worse, imo.

They both still have very cute visuals, at least.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Welp, there it is. Re:Legend 1.0 is coming out on PC on September 5th.

*slams head into desk*

Bro, I am so tired. I'm happy for all you PC users, really, but here's betting we don't get the console release until after the PC users are done play testing it. I don't even get excited seeing this game any more.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Uh...hadn't they been going on in updates for a year or two about how they were going to update PC and console all in one go and have them come out at the same time? They put out early access...and then NEVER UPDATED IT AT ALL. What was even the point of early access? And now 1.0 is coming only to PC...it feels like this PC 1.0 release is the true early access.

Honestly, their updates have been the most useless and least encouraging of any game in development that I've ever seen. I don't really care about whether it comes to console for my own sake, as if it turns out to be good, I can just get it on Steam Deck (assuming they have it workable on there, of course.) but right now I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. They've just been so unprofessional all along (excepting only that they don't lash out at their many many impatient and sometimes downright rude followers...I've admired them at least for that much.)

I dunno how this is going to turn out. The magnus and the clothes they've shown in the newest update are absolutely hideous to me, though the crops look great. Anyway...there's no way I'm getting this game on Deck or elsewhere unless I see a lot of player feedback first. I'm betting it won't be a really good game on PC until it's ready to come to console. And then it won't be a good game on console until 1-2 years after it gets released there. That's just the progression I feel like it's going to have, based on what's gone on so far. Basically, I think it'll be about four years before Re: Legend is a game worth having on Switch...assuming they are actually actively working on getting it there at all.

Oh well, at least full release on PC is something significant, unlike so many of their other 'big announcements'. But it's been too weird of a journey. I'm gonna be doing the wait-and-watch a fair while on this one, I think.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Uh, I see three tweets from Hakama. It is auto-translated, but it seems to be saying that Hakama is making a new RPG that is NOT a sequel, and they want us to please look forward to it. The last tweet in the trio of tweets translates thus:

"Many attractive characters will appear, and we will do our best to deliver them to everyone as soon as possible! Illustrator N ---- I'm designing bulging muscles and an older sister! Please look forward to it! Takitaro (3/3)"

So, I'm not sure what to make of them. But I'll post what seems to be the main one here:
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

There's a third Voice of Cards game on the way.
I feel like my nerdy DrakeNier self should buy/play it on principle, but the second game quite literally made me rage quit. I adored the first one, it was just right difficulty-wise, and the second one was too until the final boss blindsided me out of nowhere. I'll probably skip this one, though I do find it interesting that they're not even hiding that it's connected to Drakengard any more. First game had very subtle hints, second game had a ton of references, but this one straight out has monsters from the series in the trailer/art. I honestly wonder how many of these games they're going to make and when Yoko Taro will come out and finally confirm where on the timeline they stand compared to the rest of the series.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Alright, trying not to panic. One of my favorite series may very well be alive, but it's getting published by EA.

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/09/electro ... mega-force

Please don't loot box Toukiden. PLEASE.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Another farming game has been announced. Interesting graphic style, not quite typical. (Really doesn't look like the title image. I wish more title images represented the in-game graphics.)
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Suikoden I & II and getting HD remasters

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/09/suikode ... tch-and-pc

I've always wanted to give these a go, but just never got around to it. Guess this is a good excuse as any now. It's funny though, after Konami REFUSED to released the newest entry in the series over here (incidentally, it has a full fan translation now) and basically pushed out all their best video game directors, including Suikoden's own creator who decided to just make his own RPG (Eiyuden Chronicle), NOW they start remastering games people want? What is wrong with this company, seriously?