Backlog 2022

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Well, so. After finishing such an intense behemoth, you stagger a bit. It's like having a little chunk cut out somewhere. Maybe a foot. Takes a while to figure out what to do, after, to move forward or return to normal. Though I have to say, both XC2 and XC3 REALLY haven't lived up to XC1 or XCX in terms of soundtrack. They're so DULL in comparison. The other two were so vibrant and exciting, musically. (I hate soft, soothing or boring RPG music, I want zippy stuff!)

Xenoblade endings are always confusing. There is no such thing as a Xenoblade ending that isn't somehow ambiguous. Speaking of XC1, I know of debates going on even now (the game came out in 2010) about what the ending really meant, because the thing is...once in a while you run into people who are mistaken about the facts, but often each side can come up with plenty of facts that support their interpretation...it just depends on how you view the handful of clear-cut facts and all the other stuff said that either didn't make sense or seemed to go against something else or was flat-out puzzling.

Several main threads always get cleared up pretty clearly, and perhaps that's enough. Perhaps it's a good thing that there's room for interpretation. But I'm really confused on two points.
Spoiler:
First of all, they outright stated that the original intention of the two queens was to allow the two worlds to merge safely, to COMBINE them so that neither had to be destroyed in the inevitable draw toward each other. After all, those two universes were originally OUR world, that got unmade/re-written/choose your interpreation by Klaus' experiment. It was unnaturally sucked apart into different realities and those realities were being drawn back into a whole. The game tells you that it is irresistable and they can't help it. So even if they got separated, they'll just start to be drawn together again! The goal of Origin was to let them become one without the destruction of either. For the realities to merge rather than destroy each other.

But, at the end, Noah is somehow given a choice, right? So the reason the worlds separate is the main party's choice based on their total experiences thus far? But why is separating a good thing? Wouldn't the original plan have been better to follow?

Btw, at the VERY END, I finally loved Riku, lol. The adorably tear-spewing MA-NA-NAAAAAA! Made me laugh at a moment when I really WANTED a laugh. :) He was finally acting like Nopon rather than Darth Vader in a Furby's body.

Dang, thought about that so hard, I've forgotten the second thing I was particularly confused about. There were all kinds of small things, such as how long it's been since XC1 and XC2 (which were happening concurrently, as the end of XC2 revealed) Oh wait, no...now I rememeber. Okay, so TWO worlds. BOTH were kind of erased by Moebius snatching control of Origin. Bits of them were forced together, geographically...and so were all the people. The souls were used like raw material, to make a bunch of new souls?? Is that how the people of Aionios were created? I'm going to assume that Nia and Melia were preserved as they were by being inside Origin or something...I can't spare the the brainage to wonder how ONLY they came through unscathed when the plan went wrong.

I assume that Moebius had a hand in it. He used the souls to create people as they were, to, what? Be fuel to continue running Origin as a machine that forcefully held the two universes together? Some broke free thanks to the creation of Ouroborous, and those who broke free basically were able to return to being normal humans in that they then had normal human lifespan. In at least one cycle, Noah and Mio themselves were free and had a kid. I guess they were two of the 6 founders of The City? So a lot of the city folk are genetically their descendants. (Though mentally, in terms of memory and life experiences, they get recreated anew and are new people each cycle.) Lanz, Sena, Eunie and Taion appear to be people they met only in this cycle...they're not the other 4 of the 6, as far as I was able to glean.

Just how long had Aionios been existing? Nia and Melia are about the same age, since both were considerably older than their very young looks in their own games, and both had very long lifespans (though technically, only Nia is actually immortal. Melia as far as I can tell shouldn't live more than a thousand years. Ages were known in XC1, you could even see them on the affinity chart, so, seems like the lifespan of a High Entia was around 400 years at the most, though maybe she gets a bonus from being royal blood or something. (But I don't think so, because Sorean, her father the emperor and a pure-blooded royal, was biologically quite old and he was only 320. Kallian still looked about 24-30, and he was 150.)

Also, uh...how did separating the worlds work? Did Origin recreate everything that existed the moment before it created the whole mess that is Aionios? Poppy has reason to still exist in the XC2 universe, but everyone else would be new people...no more Rex, unless sharing Pyra's soul made him immortal. But what about the people of this third reality? They don't actually belong anywhere, do they? Or are the Kevesi the people of XC1's later universe and the Agnians the people of XC2's later universe? I thought it was more like the poeple were the people of both worlds, smushed together weirdly like the landscape, so they're people of an entirely different, third world that no longer exists. I AM CONFUSED.

Why did Nia nod at Riku? There were several hints in the game that Nopon were actually key to everything, or in-the-know about it, but they didn't resolve that, did they? Certainly Nopon are special, existing in every universe, even X, and the Sage in XC1 is listed as 9,999 years old, which is basically like stamping an unknown or infinity sign on him. He's eternal, without beginning or end, or something. Maybe he's the freaking Zohar after which Monolith Software is named, lol. (The Zohar is the 'monolith' they refer to. AKA: The Conduit. The otherworldly thing found in Africa of our world that Klaus used to power up that stupid experiment, storing it up on space station Rhadamanthus after it was found, to isolate it safely, I guess. Dang, this is a weird series!)

So much of the entire Xenoblade saga is never actually explained and we're left cobbling together explanations from what bits we know for sure and using our imagination to patch the gaps.
I'm glad I left a bunch of quests to do after the end, so I have a purpose to going back into the game, if I want. But right now, I'm not gonna. May wait all the way until checking out second bit of DLC on the last day of the year. Had some maaaaaajor pain when I woke up abotu 2:30AM. My muscle relaxant had worn off and I was feeling fiery nerve pain from heel to ribs, whoa. But I remained calm, got myself another pill, had a bit of water, and put on some meditation music, which was okay for a bit, but then I switch to playlists of Enya, Pentatonix and Lindsey Stirling, since I wasn't able to fall back asleep fast enough to put up with purposefully monotonous droning or the bells for that long. Once the relaxant kicked back in, I felt a lot better. I already knew the chiro had to move teh pain back to the source, and it gets a lot worse as it narrows in, so I was expecting this, but dang, it catches you all the same when you finally start actually feeling it.

I'm feeling a bit shrivelled, now. I'm really sick of having to be largely recliner-bound, especially now that I don't have a game to play! Will have to look over my list of yet-unfinished games and either pick one of them back up, start a replay of something diverting (like XCX or DQB3, man, I have played that game to death, and I find XCX depressing now, not knowing if it's doomed to die with the Wii U and fade into total obscurity, or not. The Wii U is a rather rickety machine, especially at this age, and XCX is about the most demanding game that was ever made for it...it's feels a bit like riding a unicycle across a tightrope. When will XCX become something I can never play again? SCARED. I want to be able to roam Mira forever.) or get a new game.

Worth Life was next in line to pick back up, but I don't feel like playing somethign so shallow, after Xenoblade. But then, maybe something shallow is just what the doctor (a psychiatrist, in this case!) ordered.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Okay, so...new topic! For me that is...it's still gaming, but no more XC3 for me, now. (Other than the icons I'm claiming via Nintendo Online.) I'm on to Steam Deck. I haven't seen anyone here saying much about it, but I've played on it now. The main thing I'd want people to know is that the battery is pitiful...no better than the launch Switch's battery, possibly not quite as good...it averages from 90 minutes to 4 hours of gameplay time, depending on the game and the settings...so it's « Puppy Doodoo ».

Also, the DOCK isn't available and won't be for a while. However, you can play your Steam Deck directly on your TV just with a USB-C to HDMI cable. Because the Deck only has ONE outlet that serves both as the HDMI and POWER connection, I personally would also recommend a USB-C to HDMI + Charge adapter, cuz that will allow you to connect your HDMI cable for output to your TV while also having your Deck plugged in so you can bypass the « Puppy Doodoo » battery and play as long as you want when you're at home and wanting to play on a big screen.

It's really nice, though. The screen and its size and comfort and all. I'm actually quite happy with the Deck in those ways. The UI and buttons and controls are all really nice, too. Honestly it's a great system, if not for that stupid battery and the lack of a dock. But I'm okay with the work-around, it's not a big deal to me since I find the Deck comfortable to hold and have no desire to use a different controller with it. (There's other options for that, too.)

I've tried Dinkum on it only, at this point. Next I'll see about Stardew Valley and installing mods, and I'm going to check to see if there are any outright 'verified' games that I want, so I can see if there's much difference in how well they run...Dinkum doesn't have any problems (other than odd glitches that probably have to do with being early access rather than with the Deck.) I may try Sandrock (also 'playable') but...I think I'd rather wait until it's further along. Maybe No Man's Sky? That's verified, and I've been interested in trying it and my sister would likely really like it, too. Strange Horticulture is another one I want and is fully verified.
Somerandom
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Well, probably not going to be on here again for a while (or playing many games)due to real life stuff. But I do have a list of games I wish to play or finish in some way.

Fighting games:

Tekken 4: I just need Marduk and Bryan’s endings and to get through the beat ‘em up mode that I completely forget the name of.

Tekken 5: I would like to get the endings of literally everyone except Lee, who’s ending I already got.

RPGs

I should get back into my blind play though of Tales of Vesperia, I stopped it because I was busy. I am planning on playing Live a live as well, it looks very interesting.

Life sims

Well here is the category of games that I love but has disappointed me for 2 years straight.
Spoiler:
I have a feeling that most of the troubles with RF5 and PoOT occurred due to experienced devs spreading themselves thin with many games released under the Marvelous banner, RF4 special, Fomt remake, Doraemon SoS, PoOT, RF5 and worth life. That’s a lot of farming games. I know that many of them were developed partially or mostly by other studios but I think Marvelous/Hakama needs to focus on making one great new game rather than many mediocre to decent games to win back fans. And on a final note…please, please, please don’t copy Stardew Valley again like in PoOT. I recently gave my sister my copy of the game and she had gone into summer year 2 without even farming once… in a farming game!
With that rant out of the way…

I would like to finish ANB and RF1 and start a playthrough of Cattails and no marriage runs of both Tree of tranquility and Tott.

Do PS4 games work on the PS5 or can I play Xbox 360 titles on the Xbox series X? Not sure which console to choose since there are games on both sides that interest me. Wanting to upgrade for the potential release of Tekken 8.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Somerandom wrote: Aug 19, 2022 4:56 pm Well here is the category of games that I love but has disappointed me for 2 years straight. I have a feeling that most of the troubles with RF5 and PoOT occurred due to experienced devs spreading themselves thin with many games released under the Marvelous banner, RF4 special, Fomt remake, Doraemon SoS, PoOT, RF5 and worth life.
That's a fact, actually, at least with PoOT, that they spread themelves thin, though probably not with RF5. Rather than merely thin, PoOT was made by complete newbies to the series.
Spoiler:
The game wasn't made by Marvelous at all, in bulk. It was produced (or directed? I can never remember which!) by a long-term member of the team, Nagano, I think, and the original character design (meaning the concept sketches) was done by the traditional Bokumono artist Igusa Matsuyama...but that's about all. The game was "planned, written and coded" by a team that Marv JP contracted the game out to, called Three Rings Inc, who have done a bunch of mobile games and a few console game developments for other companies, but never in the life-sim category, that I know of. But Marv doesn't seem to have any team left in-house that can work on Bokumono, so they had to farm it out. Pun not really intended.

The team who did RF5 had pretty much all the experienced Bokumono folks on it, as far as we know, though there's no way to be sure of precisely who or how many...Hashimoto seemed to take most of them with him when he was parceled off into Hakama. He took his "like-minded colleagues" with him when he went. I still remember reading that article with a chill! I was horrified, thinking of what it meant for Bokumono. Turns out, what it meant for Bokumono was Pioneers of Olive Town. Well anyway, I don't think we can figure out anything more than that, though. (Well, unless we've got an insider around who has additional info, of course. But I kind of doubt that.)

I sure hope they do better with it next time. It's awful to me to see the original farming life sim coming up short of newcomers to the arena, but I fear games like Harvestella may end up a better farming life option than Bokumono. I really want Marv to step up their game, reincorporate everything they left out (like harvest and animal festivals, for one quick example, and more character personality, for a more complicated one. THey NEED to have loved/liked/disliked/hated gifts...it helps make them feel like fleshed-out people!) and reclaim the crown!
I'm thinking they're going to come out with another remake before another new game, but either way...my current default on more Bokumono is "no". It's no longer a series I can trust that I will enjoy, so it's a 'look with care' situation now. I'll definitely follow the news but it's far from a foregone conclusion that I'll buy the next Bokumono game Marv puts out. Sad to say, but there are multiple better alternatives, now. (And I don't mean Stardew, since I don't even like Stardew.)

~

I'm gradually figuring my Steam Deck out. Was having trouble with the "Perf overlay" for a while, lol. It helped when I realize that meant "performance overlay" and that there are TWO places in the settings that you have to turn it off to keep it from appearing every time you boot up a game, not just the one on/off slider. (-_____-)
XxWizardxMollyxX14
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

GAAAAAASSSSSSPPPPPP~

It happened! On my first try of the day I found my girl Tiffany---my Ultimate Dreamy!! Aaah, I'm so happy~!

I can finally rest in peace :heart:
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oh wow I'm exhausted. From 10 am to 10 pm yesterday I was in FFXIV grinding Moogle tomes to get the Demon Brick earring. To put things into perspective, it was worth 100 tomes, and each dungeon/trail/raid gives 2-7 depending. Dungeons can take 10-30 min depending, trials / regular raids are 10ish, and alliance raids, which were the only once with the high payout (5-7) take 30-40 min+. These times are all depending on if you have good parties that know what they're doing. I ended up rotating the three Alliance raids and would then take a break with a normal raid. That being said, I did Orbonne Monastery the most and Thunder « Harvest Goddess »'s theme and lines are going to be playing on repeat in my brain for the next week or so. He's really the 'if you don't know what you're doing, you die' boss, and he's even been nerfed! He used to be soooo much harder, and yet he still wipes parties because you need to know the fight. I actually got added to a party that had just reached him but their healer dipped because he wiped the party (and I soon found out that my co-healer was bad, yaaaayyy) but it was an easy 7 tomes for me! Didn't have to do all the bosses!

I honestly really hope the next Moogle event has nothing I want, truly. I get that you're supposed to slowly build up your stash by playing a little bit here and there while waiting for the next update, but I've always just binged it. I've skipped the top prize a few times (they were ugly scarves with mascots on them), but and earring or a snazzy jacket will always have my attention. But it's all so tiring. At least but the NieR raids in next time so I can finally get the damn 9S minion! No one does those raids any more and I still don't have my boy! *screams in NieR obsessed*

Welp, not going to boot up FFXIV until 6.2 drops in three days. In those three days, I'll be bumming around on Genshin and seeing what I can get done world quest-wise. There's... a LOT of world quests in Inazuma, so again, I think it's impossible to get it all done before Sumeru drops, especially since I'm working til the 24th. It's honestly nbd though, I'll get through it eventually.

EDIT: Ohh!!! I just remembered! I happened to be in the area of a Target recently and went in on a whim looking for the Sanrio cards. Apparently after their rocky launch people have been saying that every Target they go to is swimming in the Sanrio cards, annnd they were right. There was TONS of them, and I happily picked up a pack. IDK if I mentioned it here or not, but I accidentally deleted my New Horizons save file awhile back. Nintendo won't let you use the island backup feature if you're an idiot, only for emergencies, so I was out of luck. I'm over it now, I wanted to reset eventually anyways, so when I do (I was thinking of doing it in Nov/Dec/Jan for snow) I'll be having most of my villager slots taken by the Sanrio characters.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Little Dinkum update! I thought that bonking the rocks on the landscape was the game's mining...but though I haven't yet found it (I haven't explored much, actually!) there are mines and/or 'deep mines' in the game, that you have to go down a shaft to explore, that you can make big money out of.

I need more money. I fortunately found a big beehive, which sold for nearly ten thousand, and then I got the metal detector, which turned out to be a great investment, because then I found a big chunk of amber, which sold for nearly 40,000, and I was able to pay off the next building I was working on (called 'deeds' in Dinkum...you have to ask to see the deeds you can work on when you want to build something.) Gotta say...I love searching for treasure! Even when I only get a bunch of old gears.

I have two residents now (other than Fitch or Fetch or whatever her name is) and I dunno if anyone didn't know this, but the residents in Dinkum are HUMAN, not animals. Which suits me better, but could be a disappointment for some. Oh, and the money? It's not dollars or bells, no...it's 'dinks'. Yep. I have the shop built and am starting on the museum, but what I really want is the one who sells SEEDS. I really started to get into this game when I planted my first fruit tree (you can do that just by finding fruit, ala AC, no need to buy anything.)

Oh, and I've decided to wait a fair while on Planet Crafter. It looks amazing, but the terrain appears very samey and uninteresting in every screenshot I've seen so far, and I won't feel rewarded if I can't produce cool tones in the landscape or put flowers everywhere. Since it's in ea I figure waiting might make it suit me more, if they continue to add different types of flora, fauna, and landscape.

Ugh, I can't believe we're less than two weeks away from September. A BEAUTIFUL month, almost as beautiful as the month that follows it, but it's the end of summer, which is never a beautiful fact. And almost all of August is a waste, for me...I couldn't get back on my bike or even go for more than very short walks with this pinched nerve and the muscle weakness and wobbliness. Well, will have to make up for it in September and October! JAM that outdoor time in while I can.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I did not in fact 'bum around on Genshin' like I said I would. A few days ago I went and saw Dragon Ball Super Hero with my husband and it reignited my DB obsession. Like, it's always there, I have a Zeno keychain hanging off my purse, everyone in the house quotes DBZA whenever the opportunity arises, and I've even commissioned artwork of my DB OC in the past, but I'm not just a super fan I guess? I get distracted my new and shiny very easily and my obsessions come and go, but I'm always excited for more Dragon Ball. I tired the Kakarot game this year and it was just OK and while I do love the look of Dragon Ball FighterZ, I'm not really into that kind of gameplay. My true DB gaming love is Xenoverse 2 because of it's fun story and insane customization. It's basically a soft MMO and when the base version came out on Switch, I did absolutely everything in it that it could offer. I wanted more content, but at the time there was none, so I moved on and lost touch with it. Fast forward to a few years later, there's an absolute crapton of DLC and when I try to jump back in, I'm so lost. They nerfed my character, I forgot how to play, and I couldn't for the life of me figure out what was going on any more. I always thought about starting over, but I just didn't really want to throw out all that effort either.

Well, fast forward to now and I have Dragon Ball The Breakers preordered on PS5. It's going to have Xenoverse 2 integration which is really cool, but my Xenoverse 2 save is stuck on Switch and there's no cross save. So my options were to get Breakers on Switch (and I don't want to because of optimization issues with games I've been experiencing lately) or get Xenoverse 2 on PS4 and work my way through everything again. I went with the latter. While this is a really dumb time to be starting this, I was having so much fun last night I went to bed suuuper late. Everyone has those comfort games they always go back to, and I guess mine is Xenoverse 2.
yzafre
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Somerandom wrote: Aug 19, 2022 4:56 pm And on a final note…please, please, please don’t copy Stardew Valley again like in PoOT.
Weirdly, as some one who really loves Stardew Valley, to the tune of, uh, 460 hours? I agree with you. I've played a bit of PoOT, couldn't get into it... and it's like they implemented random mechanics from Stardew without any understanding of why that game works for people. In Stardew, all the different mechanics fold into each other on your path toward the over-arcing goal. I play Stardew a bit like I play Pikmin, constantly re-tooling what I should do next, which goal should take priority, what the best path is. That's how I like to play my farming sims - it's the reason I like HM64 so much, even if the abysmally aged controls mean I don't actually start it up very often. PoOT's gameplay loop does not work that well, so it just feels messy and unfocused.

Anyways, I made it into Chapter 7 of Xenbolade. Picking my way through the quests again. The hero quests just keep getting better and better - they've got to be at least 50% of the story in this game, honestly. Still, the end is nigh... I'm trying to do the quests first, because I know I'm not going to have the motivation to open it back up after credits unless there's more legitimate story content. I just don't like the combat that much, which will be most of what's left.

I've had a blast, but I'm starting to get a bit burnt out... really starting to look forward to going back to my Legends Arceus re-play, actually.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote: Aug 21, 2022 7:11 amEveryone has those comfort games they always go back to, and I guess mine is Xenoverse 2.
I'd be surprised to meet any regular (as in 'frequent') gamers who don't have a special comfort game or two. Mine are definitely Dragon Quest Builders 2 (because no game has ever let me create my own world as completely as it) and Xenoblade Chronicles X (because no other world has felt as full and interesting to explore as Mira, and the world feels alive completely independent of the plot itself, so you can continue to enjoy it indefinitely). I've been wanting to get back into both of them, lol, but this year is PACKED with cool new games so it'd be such a waste of game time to play DQB2 for the nth time, plus I'm afraid to play XCX because my Wii U struggles with it so much.

XC3 is a great game, but even so, there were plenty of times I wanted to put it down in favour of XCX. DQB2 and XCX are games I wish were live, somehow, like an online game like FFXIV or Genshin or some other game that gets updated with new content a couple times a year.

Disney's Dreamlight Valley is releasing in their version of early access fairly soon (still a rather weird situation, imo.) If it's popular, that may be a game that gets some maintenance for a fair while, but I don't anticipate being all that crazy about it, since I've never really liked the classic Disney characters. The newer ones like Moana are okay, but Goofy or Mickey? Please no. But maybe the gameplay will be fun. I'm expecting it to be kind of like a mobile game, though. Hoping to be wrong, but I suspect of the big-name games with farming or gardening or other life-sim elements in this year, Harvestella is more likely to make me happy. I hope one of them is really good, anyway.
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Spoiler:
Currently playing:

Digimon Survive (Nintendo Switch)

Recently beat:

Loopers (Switch)

Games beat in 2022: 6
Hey, everyone. Sorry, I know it's been over 2 months since I've posted, but my mom finally made it out of the hospital last week. (after 2 and half months in the hospital), so I've been busy helping her.

As far as games, I've been exclusively playing my Switch. In 2 months I've bought lots of new games. I've beaten Loopers, and I feel like I beat more games, but can't remember. I know I made a heck of lot more progress in Kirby and the Forgotten Land (still not done), and some progress in Spirit Hunter: NG. I also played a bit of Lego Jurassic World (if that's the right name), and those were all for the Switch.

Right now, I'm still playing Digimon Survive (first playthrough). It's really fun, and I've sunk around 30+ hours in and I'm still only on part 5 (so, like only 1/3 of the way through.) It's a bigger game than I thought. A lot of the estimates said it'll take around 30 hours, but it seems the first playthrough might take me 90 hours or more.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

There's no need to apologize, Harvest Moon kawaii. Posting in the backlog thread is something we do for ourselves, not something we're doing for others. It's for fun or to help us organize our game time, not an obligation, so no one is required to post at any specific regularity (or at all, of course...lots of Fogu folks don't use the backlog thread, ever.)

Glad your mom's made it back out of the hospital, though.

I played loads of Dinkum yesterday but can't dredge up the desire today (probably more because I feel sick than because of the game itself) though I did see someone else's much-more-developed island and was glad to see they had flowers...though there appear to be only 3-4 types of flower in the entire game, including the rather unappealingly-named and somewhat ugly, almost dandelion-looking billy buttons. I hope he'll add more of that kind of thing. It's very well-developed for a game that's only been in early access for a month, but I feel like the flora and the colour palette are lacking and hope those are matters that'll be improved or added to as time goes on.
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Glad your mom’s doing better, Harvest Moon kawaii!

———

Still chugging along on everything. Was too burned out for anything other than Picross during the week (I’m sad the SNES one has guessing and 20x20 grids halfway through, ugh). Did play a ton of DQXI this weekend, tho. Currently progressing through the mermaid storyline, after hours of boat grinding and exploration. I was overleveled before, but now I’m WAY high, which will hopefully let me pass the next couple areas quickly.

Played a bunch of Fata Morgana this weekend too, currently on door 7. Finally got to the twist I was waiting for, which was quite sad. I’m definitely more interested in the main story, after all (?) the background was revealed.

There are a metric ton of games coming out! I’m getting restless to play something new again, but I’m already playing good games. I was THRILLED by the Shepherd’s Crossing news, I loved those games. But I won’t be able to play it until next year, along with Doraemon SoS 2, Harvestella, maybe that new Shin-Chan summer vacation game (tho I hate that license)… I just got KOTOR in the mail, but I won’t be able to cram that in before Persona 5, I think.

I might try a shorter vn after Fata Morgana, and maybe a short action game after DQ. Or Digimon Cyber Sleuth, the best of both.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

They didn't add a female protagonist to Shepherd's Crossing, so I won't be playing that one. I absolutely cannot convince myself to play as a male. I don't enjoy myself AT ALL when that's my only option. That one reason is enough by itself, but on top of that...I only like crop farming...I don't like animal farming. Basically it's just not the game for me, as far as I can tell. That's fine...I've got loads this year.

I'm thinking of going back to play Skytree Village, since I never finished it way back when, and I want some FARMING. (Dinkum has farming, but it doesn't feel satisfying, so far. I may not have enough unlocked...dunno!) I enjoyed The Lost Valley for what it was, with the terrain manipulation and the mutations dependent upon it...that was awesome. But StV was a big improvement since they added an actual town and all for it. Thing is, it was otherwise mostly the same game over again, so I got bored only a little way into StV even though it's a much better game than TLV, so I always regretted that I played LV first. It's been YEARS since I touched either. I could probably actually play through Skytree, now. I liked the terrain manipulation and was sorry to see it disappear from the series...it was part of what made them unique in the comparisons to Bokumono.

My baby sis has really been wanting another farming game and was pleased when I showed her One World and had her try it...she thinks it's cute. It's a fun game! More fun than PoOT, tbh, though I wish I didn't have to say that. (PoOT has better looks but One World has more farming heart. When a Bokumono game doesn't revolve around farming, it's a huge fail, imo.)

I should have been getting ready to go to the chiro right now, but two days now I've had a sore throat that I can't get rid of with allergy pills, and a headache, to boot. I never get headaches unless my neck is out of joint, and it's not, so it's weird. Which means I figure I should stay home until it clears up, just in case. (I feel a bit crappy but I figure it's actually nothing. Still...probably the right thing to do, not to chance spreading germs if I caught some.)

I think I'll be sleeping extra today...not sure about gaming, but Strange Horticulture might be nice to play while lying down. They've been threatening rain a while...it'd be helpful if it actually does rain a good amount, today! I trimmed the garden yesterday so the petunias won't sulk so much...things might as well get nice and soaked.

EDIT: Normally, I need to play ONE game at a time, or I never finish anything. Lately though I find myself getting my 'fill' of this game or that game, perhaps before I've played as much as I want for the day, and wanting to play something different. Maybe I need to chose 2 or even 3 games to have on the go at once, to switch between when I get that "I still feel like playing games, but not THIS game, right now." I dunno, though. I've found it doesn't work for me, to have more than one on the go at once. I suppose things change over time, though. Maybe.
infel
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Hey guys, I think its been about two weeks since my last post. I hope everyone is doing okay. Anyway, I thought I'd make a post on gaming since I have done a bit of progress, which is good given how I've been feeling of late.

I'm still playing Animal Crossing New Horizons for about an hour or so every day. I'm moving slowly, but I find the game to be quite relaxing and it's honestly something I need right now. I'm on my second to last house expansion actually, so my next thing will be making my town look a little better. Overall, I've enjoyed this game and can see why people love it. The graphics are beautiful, music good and gameplay fun. However, I hate to admit this, I find the animal characters pretty boring. It's sad because they use to be the best part of the game for me. Now, they are bare bones. One thing I hate is how it seems that they don't talk with each other. Maybe it's because I haven't caught them. Still, if anyone can tell me if the villagers talk to each other, please let me know.

I've also been playing Trails in the Sky FC. I'm in the third city and just finished the academy's missions. This is technically my second play-through because I wanted to retry the story. Playing again I find myself loving the towns and npc's. Characters are okay I guess. I'm not very interested in the romance, but hopefully I can make it through. I hope to finish Sky FC by mid September and then go to the next one. Digimon Cyber Sleuth is another game I hope to finish by the end of next month. Once I finish, it'll be nice to check off something from my backlog. I have

I have sadly dropped the Atelier games for right now. I tried Sophie and Ryza for a bit, but sadly I cannot get into them. This doesn't mean I won't try later, but honestly I need to be in the right mind set for these games. I'm still sticking with Xenoblade 1 though, and will play it on and off. Yakuza and Final Fantasy 9 I'm waiting on till I finish Trails in the Sky.

I'll forgot to mention playing some older games I'd like to play between all this. Most of these games can be played at any time since they aren't story deep.
List:
Disgea 1 and 2- I'm playing these on PC. I'm aiming to get most/all achievements. Playing these on and off is pretty easy.
Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons-I find farming games are sort of easy to play off and on if I keep a journal on what I've done. However, I think with whatever I decide to play, I'll do what i'm doing with Animal Crossing and try and be consistant by playing a couple times a week. In terms of what I'll play, I'll likely play DS Cute, Tales of two Towns, or Trio of Towns.
Pokemon-I've been playing some older ones, but may take a break from Pokemon. If I do play these, I'll likely try and stick with Black and White and Black and White 2.

Ps-I also have some games on DS/3DS that I've never played before. I've got a few Dragon Quest games that I want to play, but obviously need to wait till I finish some other games and Final Fantasy 9 and Chrono Cross.

Anyway, that's how things are right now. I'm not really planning things out though. I'm just going with the flow. Like, I may dip into Final Fantasy 9 even if I haven't finished Trails. The reason for this is I'm bad at planning and sometimes I just need to switch games. I'll also like play Pokemon, Disgea, and some framing games in between all this, though Pokemon I may take a break from. My main goals though as to finish at least the first two Trails in the Sky games and Digimon.