Harvest Moon: One World " About House Pets"

Where're the crops?! Searching the world for seed wisps on Nintendo Switch, Steam Ps4, and Xbox. [ Game Guide ] JP release = None. NA release = Mar 2021. EU release = Mar 2021.
Harvest Moon Kid
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

I'm still in Calisson, Day 9 (Yr.1) are the pets worth the money to spend or not? I noticed the bell in the barn and do the Farm Animals go back in automatically I'm not too sure yet.
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I wouldn’t spend money on pets that early unless you really want one in the shop. You can tame a handful of house pets in the overworld for free, and there are different pets available in other towns, iirc. You can wait and see which ones you like best, but I think you can only have two total.

Don’t remember how the bell works, but their affection goes up after regular barn care, so I didn’t move them in and out after I got more than one or two.
Harvest Moon Kid
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

simside wrote: Aug 19, 2022 5:42 am I wouldn’t spend money on pets that early unless you really want one in the shop. You can tame a handful of house pets in the overworld for free, and there are different pets available in other towns, iirc. You can wait and see which ones you like best, but I think you can only have two total.

Don’t remember how the bell works, but their affection goes up after regular barn care, so I didn’t move them in and out after I got more than one or two.
Yeah, I got all five Music Notes for a Fox and tame it instead of paying for a 5,000+ in Store Pet. :)
PaleSunflower
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

simside wrote: Aug 19, 2022 5:42 am I wouldn’t spend money on pets that early unless you really want one in the shop. You can tame a handful of house pets in the overworld for free, and there are different pets available in other towns, iirc. You can wait and see which ones you like best, but I think you can only have two total.

If you fully upgrade the house, then you can have a total of 3 pets.

I'm honestly not sure what the bell does. I barely used it, and my animals didn't seem to suffer from it.
Harvest Moon Kid
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

PaleSunflower wrote: Aug 21, 2022 3:15 am

If you fully upgrade the house, then you can have a total of 3 pets.

I'm honestly not sure what the bell does. I barely used it, and my animals didn't seem to suffer from it.
Uh the bell in the Barn let's the Farm Animals out so they can graze and have sunlight and fresh air :), and I can only have three house pets... I'm guessing I should think whom I want as a pet carefully.