Key Bindings

Where're the crops?! Searching the world for seed wisps on Nintendo Switch, Steam Ps4, and Xbox. [ Game Guide ] JP release = None. NA release = Mar 2021. EU release = Mar 2021.
midnighttherabbit
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I decided to give this game another go, since I'm missing HM and wanted something I haven't finished already. I actually kind of enjoyed this when I tried to play it on Switch, but the lagging and crashing was too much for me. I heard it ran a lot better on PC so I decided to give it a try. So far it's a lot better, and I'm finding the design a lot more charming on a bigger and brighter screen.

My only issue is the key bindings. The game only displays controller buttons onscreen, and the controls I figured out through trial and error are insanely counterintuitive, to the point where I got stuck on the title screen for an embarrassing amount of time because I couldn't figure out which button "A" was (having the mouse displayed while afaik it isn't supported in the game made things even more confusing lol.)

Is there any way of changing, or even viewing key bindings? I found a few listed online but they tend to contradict each other. My Pro controller is temperamental on my laptop and doesn't like this game for some reason, so that isn't an option. I'm kind of stuck until I figure this out because I accidentally exited the game while trying to figure things out, assuming it auto-saved in bed during the tutorial (it doesn't ;.; ) And I really don't want to go through that again with these controls... (or use up the refundable time limit on Steam if this isn't fixable :shifty: )
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

I tend to use my Pro Controller, sorry :?
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I have a couple of ideas to try before you have to refund...

If you've looked in settings (most likely on the main menu, but I wouldn't guarantee it not being in game), and it doesn't include a way to rebind keys, you might be out of luck on that front. I did a little Googling and there are ways to force Steam to rebind keys, depends on how much work you want to put into that. :/

As for the keys themselves, my only idea is unfortunately just to have a notepad or a word doc open and just start hitting buttons. Most everything SHOULD line up to what it is in the console version, though. Like there's no sprint button and iirc all of the farming is context sensitive, so once you find that button that should be the biggest thing to figure out.

As to your controller, the only suggestion I could give for that is to try playing with it plugged in (assuming you've been on Bluetooth). My Pro Controller can be really funny about Steam games too, for whatever reason. Can't remember for the life of me WHY, but I've had to play a couple games with it plugged in to make it work right.

Best of luck getting things figured out! Hope those key binds aren't too aggravating, at the very least.
midnighttherabbit
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Mikodesu wrote: Aug 29, 2022 10:41 pm I have a couple of ideas to try before you have to refund...

If you've looked in settings (most likely on the main menu, but I wouldn't guarantee it not being in game), and it doesn't include a way to rebind keys, you might be out of luck on that front. I did a little Googling and there are ways to force Steam to rebind keys, depends on how much work you want to put into that. :/

As for the keys themselves, my only idea is unfortunately just to have a notepad or a word doc open and just start hitting buttons. Most everything SHOULD line up to what it is in the console version, though. Like there's no sprint button and iirc all of the farming is context sensitive, so once you find that button that should be the biggest thing to figure out.

As to your controller, the only suggestion I could give for that is to try playing with it plugged in (assuming you've been on Bluetooth). My Pro Controller can be really funny about Steam games too, for whatever reason. Can't remember for the life of me WHY, but I've had to play a couple games with it plugged in to make it work right.

Best of luck getting things figured out! Hope those key binds aren't too aggravating, at the very least.
Thanks but I tried going into the config files like I've done for other games sometimes and it didn't really work... And I wouldn't mind the controls being hard to remember if they weren't a pain to use - the X and C being the A and B buttons gives you the worst hand cramp after a few minutes :(

Pro controllers are so weird honestly. Mine usually prefers Bluetooth to USB, unless it doesn't. This game doesn't register the controller at all with Bluetooth and with USB it thinks the A button is stuck down lol (I think that might be specific to my super old controller, though.)

Thanks for the help! Ig I'll have another go at the Switch version instead...