Anima produce went straight into platinum

A Nintendo Switch/PC/Ps4/XBox remake of the 2003 Gameboy Advance games HM: Friends of Mineral Town and HM: More Friends of Mineral Town. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Oct 2019. NA release = Jul 2020. EU release = Jul 2020.
Mabbie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It's more like a rant. I always put my animals outside, mostly to save on time and feed.. so I'm on year 3 and won my first chicken contest..... and it goes from large eggs to platinum. It's a huge bummer, since I'm all into cooking and don't have a gold egg to cook gold mayonnaise. Damn it...... now I realized it will happen to cows, rabbits, sheep.... I'm so sad lol
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

Yea, that's one thing that didn't get approved on in the remake. It would make sense that the higher level eggs should be usable for lower-level recipes, but that didn't happen unfortunately.
Mabbie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

That sucks, really. I guess things got a little too easy with the bell to call the animals in and out. Anyway, I'll figure a way to get my gold produce..
Rose Petals
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Mabbie wrote: Sep 21, 2022 4:24 pm Anyway, I'll figure a way to get my gold produce..
How many animals do you have in your coop and also barn?

The platinum effect only applies to the actual animals that were outside. Their offspring, if you kept them inside would produce gold produce if you win with them. Once animals reach gold or platinum produce, they never revert back to L or Gold.
Mabbie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Rose Petals wrote: Sep 23, 2022 2:53 pm
Mabbie wrote: Sep 21, 2022 4:24 pm Anyway, I'll figure a way to get my gold produce..
How many animals do you have in your coop and also barn?

The platinum effect only applies to the actual animals that were outside. Their offspring, if you kept them inside would produce gold produce if you win with them. Once animals reach gold or platinum produce, they never revert back to L or Gold.
My coop is full, but I don't mind selling a chicken if I have to start over the process. The problem is that I'll have to kinda start over with the chickens, keep them all inside and raise their affection to get gold eggs.... as for the barn animals, I'm still breeding them to get to 10 hearts, so once I get to it, I'll keep them inside so this doesn't happen to them too. As for the rabbits...... I think it'll happen the same it happened to the chickens. I'll have to wait and see whats kind of produce they'll give me once I win a contest.
Rose Petals
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Yeah, this one of the few flaws of this game that should have been taken into consideration. They could have done something better with it. Where the hours outside only count on the animal after winning the contest, and all hours before don't count. Sadly, not. It could get really confusing to new to FoMT players who might accidentally do the the same thing, and lose out on gold produce entirely because the animals never die. At least with the original FoMT, it was easy to manage because all the "straight to Platinum" animals would just grow old and die, and then the replacement animals could just stay in.

It is one of those things to focus on, while during the breeding to get 10 hearts in all animals stage to get the first one you keep to stay in its whole life to get gold produce. Then let them out after you win and get at least one day gold produce.
Mabbie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Actually I never got platinum produce on the original FoMT. It was not that easy to put your animals outside and we had to put them all inside again because of wild dogs, so I was lazy hahah.. now things got way too easy, in my opinion. :(