Upcoming Pokemon Games?

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
LeBurns
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

So my daughter informed me that she has the next Pokemon games on pre-order. She said they release in November so she's talking about Scarlet and Violet. She said she was going to let me play one of them so we can trade off pokemon on our switches.

I'll be honest, I know next to nothing about these two games. I know the last switch pokemon game had mixed reviews so I never got it.

Other than watching the trailer are there any sites giving reliable information on the games? What have y'all heard and what are your opinions on it? Does it look like they are going to be good?

Thanks.
Last edited by LeBurns on Sep 26, 2022 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

My go to Pokemon site, the FOGU of the Pokemon world if you will, is Serebii. It's updated daily with all kinds of Pokemon news and is loaded with information about basically every Pokemon game.

There are several trailers out now for the new games that you can likely still find on YouTube if you want to get a look at some of the stuff they've revealed so far.

Personally I think it looks a little better and bigger than Sword and Shield, but very much in the same vein. I had it preordered myself, but then decided to instead wait until it's been out for a while, as I am not feeling hyped for it, but that's me.
infel
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I've played Pokemon for a long time. I've usually always enjoyed playing them. However sadly, I haven't really liked the Pokemon Games on switch (not including Pokemon Arceus since I haven't played it yet) and it's hard to get overly excited. Pokemon Let''s Go Pikachu and Eevee I didn't play because of the weird gameplay, and the remakes of Diamond and Pearl, while okay, just didn't have much life to them.

But the games you're talking about I believe about having mixed reviews are Pokemon Sword and Shield. Honestly, these two games were a disappointment for me. I'll admit some of the negativity may have played into my thoughts, but I did play these games and for me it wasn't fun. The graphics are okay, Pokemon themselves are decent, but again it feels like the game is sort of lifeless. Not honestly horrible, but very easy (to much hand holding basically), bad story (your character doesn't do much), and kind of annoying characters. I honestly don't think graphics are that bad though I admit Game Freak may have lied about the character and Pokemon models. Still, I don't like these games very much and it made me wary of any new Pokemon games. For Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, a small part of me is excited. As greensara has said, they look a bit better and it seems we'll have a combat style like older games and Pokemon Arceus. However, I'm still very wary of them being actually good and for everyone. Like I said, I'm kind of excited, but mostly not really expecting much. I'm hoping i'm wrong of course.

Also, greensara gave a really good site for info. Another site that is decent is https://pokemondb.net/.