Poll: the HM:DS- and HM:DS Cute-only Candidates

What happened to Murrey!? A remake of Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life (2004) and Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life (2005) for Nintendo Switch. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jan 2023. NA release = June 2023. EU release = June 2023.

Do you think that the love interests exclusive to the DS games will be included in SoS: AWL?

Poll ended at Sep 16, 2022 4:27 pm

Yes. All of the love interests will be in the base game.
6%
The regular love interests will be in the base game.
13%
The special love interests will be in the base game.
3%
Yes, but they all will be DLC only.
19%
The regular love interests will be available only as DLC.
8%
The special love interests will only be available as DLC.
18%
No, none of the love interests exclusive to HM:DS and HM:DS Cute will be available in SoS:AWL.
32%

Total votes: 119

Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Floh wrote: Sep 20, 2022 1:47 am I think none of the poll options really fits my opinion, so I'll explain it:

Since we allready got the regular bachelorettes from A Wonderful Life confirmed with Lumina, Rock, Marlin and Gustafa being shown on the same page, I think they just added those from the Special Edition PS2 game and Another Wonderful Life. Even the history page on the japanese site talks about A Wonderful Life, A Wonderful Life PS2 and Another Wonderful Life, so it seems to me, it's a remake of those three games. That's the reason why I don't expect any of the bachelors or bachelorettes from HMDS and HMDS Cute in this game and I haven't seen any signs of that like new buildings or characters in the trailer or in the pictures at all.

But this would leave us with actually 4 bachelorettes (Nami, Celia, Muffy, Lumina) and only 3 bachelors (Rick, Marlin, Gustafa), so I would expect they added a fourth bachelor to balance the scale.

I allready saw a picture of Cody, who also got a new design like Marlin and wouldn't be surprised, if this new design was intentionally to make him look more appealing and introduce him as a bachelor since it would be easier to make him available compared to others. But I would also be happy to see Griffin as a bachelor candidate again. I saw him always as Muffy's counter part in the games, so it would be fitting to make him available for me, but he seems to misfit because he kept the old design while others look way younger.

Concluding I would say, we will get a fourth bachelor and he could be one of the candidates from HMDS Cute, but I doubt we'll get more bachelors/bachelorettes from these games, because Forget Me Not Valley wasn't as populated in AWL as it was in HMDS/Cute. We would have seen some signs for that in the scenes. The last possible option I see are Flora and Carter, but at the moment I don't expect them to be marriage candidates.
Cody it´s the 4th candidate actually or someone similar look Maybe he was added so we can have 4 bachelors and bachelorettes sorry for my bad english!
guilmon
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

all i know is that i would absolutely adore flora as a marriage candidate. lumina always felt weird because she looks so much more child-like than the rest of the female bachlorettes. but it really does make me wonder what additional options there will be, if any. super amped either way! :)
infel
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I voted no, but still a small part of me thinks they may have Flora and Skye (very small part). If it's true that there are only 8 love interests (four girls and four guys), then they'll no doubt be DLC should they or the others be added. Still, I find it weird that some believe we'll only have eight love interests (four of each gender). Most of the Story of Seasons/Harvest moon games have had at the minimum five love interests for each gender. Of course there are games that have viewer (like the original AWL games), but mostly we always have five girls and five guys.

I admit, the newer Harvest Moon games have had fewer love interests, but this hans't been true for Story of Seasons. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if Flora does end up being the fifth girl. If so, this means that we'll have a new and additional bachelor like Cody. Maybe it could be Skye since he's very popular.

I know there's a good chance I'm wrong though. This game could easily just have four girls and four guys to romance. It's just it would be a bit weird that no new bachelorette would be made, yet they added Cody. I'm honestly hoping for some surprises. Still, if they do add Skye or the romances from the DS games down the line, it'll no doubt be DLC. Just remember, if they do, they'd likely need to make an equal number of special bachelors given how DS Cute only had one, who was Skye (Though technically two if you count the guy on the phone).
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Looks like, at least at launch, Flora won't be a marriage candidate.
Spoiler:
JayDucky03
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Ronin19 wrote: Sep 22, 2022 12:52 am Looks like, at least at launch, Flora won't be a marriage candidate.
Spoiler:
Noooooo :o :shock:
Well my expectations were already pretty low. Maybe in a DLC she'll be added.Image
Code_Name_Geek
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Floh wrote: Sep 20, 2022 1:47 am I think none of the poll options really fits my opinion, so I'll explain it:

Since we allready got the regular bachelorettes from A Wonderful Life confirmed with Lumina, Rock, Marlin and Gustafa being shown on the same page, I think they just added those from the Special Edition PS2 game and Another Wonderful Life. Even the history page on the japanese site talks about A Wonderful Life, A Wonderful Life PS2 and Another Wonderful Life, so it seems to me, it's a remake of those three games. That's the reason why I don't expect any of the bachelors or bachelorettes from HMDS and HMDS Cute in this game and I haven't seen any signs of that like new buildings or characters in the trailer or in the pictures at all.

But this would leave us with actually 4 bachelorettes (Nami, Celia, Muffy, Lumina) and only 3 bachelors (Rick, Marlin, Gustafa), so I would expect they added a fourth bachelor to balance the scale.

I allready saw a picture of Cody, who also got a new design like Marlin and wouldn't be surprised, if this new design was intentionally to make him look more appealing and introduce him as a bachelor since it would be easier to make him available compared to others. But I would also be happy to see Griffin as a bachelor candidate again. I saw him always as Muffy's counter part in the games, so it would be fitting to make him available for me, but he seems to misfit because he kept the old design while others look way younger.

Concluding I would say, we will get a fourth bachelor and he could be one of the candidates from HMDS Cute, but I doubt we'll get more bachelors/bachelorettes from these games, because Forget Me Not Valley wasn't as populated in AWL as it was in HMDS/Cute. We would have seen some signs for that in the scenes. The last possible option I see are Flora and Carter, but at the moment I don't expect them to be marriage candidates.
I agree with everything said here, as well as people who pointed out that some of the special candidates wouldn't fit into this version of Forget-Me-Not/Forgotten Valley as well. Flora and Carter seemed to be the most likely additions to me, but that's looking less likely now. Four of each gender would be a little less than recent games but considering the amount of post-marriage content they have to make for each character I think it's likely they'll have less. I'm not sure about DLC, personally I think it wouldn't make much sense with the structure of this game but maybe that's just wishful thinking. :)
PaleSunflower
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Well, the website has updated and pre-orders are being announced, and all of the base game love interests have been revealed. There will be 4 male and 4 female love interests, with the only one not from the original trio of HM:AWL games being Cody, who now looks almost completely different from his original appearance. I closed the poll. There might be DLC love interests (the only currently known DLC are some pre-order bonus clothing), but the base game's love interests have been confirmed.
ataraxiansmile
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

I keep having to remind myself that this is an AWL remake, not a DS:Cute remake! orz

I’ve got my fingers crossed for DLC and Mineral Town save data fun. :lala:
Hanroz (Inactive)
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I sure hope there are returning DS/DS Cute marriage candidates- especially the female ones. Since in DS Cute it was only the Japanese version that had a sorta marriage system between you and the Special Girls, and even then it wasn't really considered marriage, you were just "best friends". So it would be nice to not only be able to marry them in the English version, but for it to be ACTUAL marriage. And in my opinion, while DLC for these games have been seen as very shallow, the fact that this game is more character driven makes me think it would be worth it this time around. Especially with the children having different skills and personalities. Plus since it would be DLC, they would have more time to spend to flesh out the children's personalities and give them unique appearances- unlike in DS/DS Cute where you simply got one of the regular bachelor kids randomly. I don't know how it would work introducing them in the game, since in other save files you'd be in different chapters. But, I think it would work, though I admit these are pretty high expectations. My personal choices would be Witch Princess and Skye, but maybe other characters too? Anyway, I DO realize this is very unlikely to happen, but I can dream!
JustABeautifulGuy
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

This was a golden opportunity to add Flora, Skye and Carter/Griffin to the mix… Honestly, I doubt they’ll be added even as DLC characters.
Ladyrixx
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

That sucks. Out of EVERY HM/SoS game, Carter was the only male marriage canidate I liked. (I have an anthropology degree, I'm biased)
Sivs
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I'm so upset that Carter isn't marriageable in this one... He's just so neat to me and I like him a lot.
GavinsMustache
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Same for me and Gavin. Griffin from DSCute is my favorite bachelor of all time in any farming sim.