Starlight Night pre/post marriage

A Nintendo Switch/PC/Ps4/XBox remake of the 2003 Gameboy Advance games HM: Friends of Mineral Town and HM: More Friends of Mineral Town. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Oct 2019. NA release = Jul 2020. EU release = Jul 2020.
Rose Petals
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Anyone find this one festival kinda lacklustre after marriage?

It is a lot more entertaining pre-marriage, when you go to the marriage candidate's house. I decided to try view them all (or at least 4 or 5 of them) while I am wooing the Harvest Goddess. I put together a list of who each candidate celebrates with for fun.
Spoiler:
Brandon: Gotts
Doctor: Carter
Gray: Saibara
Cliff: (alone)
Rick: Lillia, Popuri.

Jennifer: Mugi, Mei.
Elly: Ellen, Yu.
Marie: Anna, Basil
Ran: Dudley.
Popuri: Lillia, Rick.
Karen: Jeff, Sasha.
It kinda makes me feel a little bad knowing that some villagers will forever have to spend the festival alone if you marry the candidate they spend it with. The one that I feel worst about is Dudley. He lost his wife, and if the MC marries Ran, he has to spend it alone in that inn. The only candidate that actually benefits from marrying you is Cliff, who would spend it alone.

That little bit of guilt aside, I still think the pre-marriage festival is better, because you either get to spend it with the marriage candidate's family or closest friends. I got to admit, Jennifer's is my favourite because I get to spend it with Mugi and Mei too. Barley and May were always my fave villagers. Instead of a generic repetitive scene in the farmhouse, it should be the same as pre-marriage, but add the kid in too after he or she is born. That would be so funny seeing Dudley fussing over his toddler grandchild wandering around in the bar. :lol: Or seeing Saibara doting on his great-grandchild while Gray pouts that he never got treated this well. Or even Gotts being like an adoptive grandpa to the kid. Knowing that Carter would be left alone is more than enough to make me glad that I never really liked Doctor as a marriage candidate, so there is no danger of him being alone.
Mabbie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Okay, I've got a confession to make. I spent my first Starlight Night with Brandon only because I wanted to invite Gottz to my house! hahah
I absolutely love that guy, I even gave him his favourite gift on his birthday, and he thanked me with a sad face. He's been through a lot, and I feel bad about him, the poor guy.

So now I'm glad I didn't marry Brandon, so they can continue to spend this day together.....
Rose Petals
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I am glad someone else does this! I adore Gotts. I always give him gifts each day he is working on something on my farm. Even after I have everything upgraded, I still change my windows once a season, so he can spend time on my farm. That is one of the reasons I will never marry Brandon.

Carter is definitely the saddest for me. If I ever married Doctor, I would feel so bad imagining poor Carter alone in the church with a piece of bread to eat. I would probably have to start again and marry someone else.
Mabbie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I never thought about it, really... I don't care much about Carter, but Gottz is just the best. There's an event available only in year 3 that you have to have 4 (I think it's 4) or LESS friendship notes with Gottz for it to happen! Really? Even if you don't speak to the townsfolk their friendship will go up by its own, who would have this much to see the event? When I saw the requirements I was like damn.......

edit: I just missed the Starlight with MY HUSBAND lol.... I've been fishing for the Anglerfish and I just spent the whole night fishing... came home by 4AM, everyone asleep, saved and.... remembered it was a special night. My previous save was 6AM of the 23rd and I will not play it all over again. « Cow Poopoo ».