A youtuber ranking Bokumono games

SNES, HM64, BTN, STH, A Wonderful Life, Another Wonderful Life, AWL:SE, Magical Melody, Puzzle de HM, Tree of Tranquility, Animal Parade, Frantic Farming, Hero of Leaf Valley, My Little Shop, Seeds of Memories, Lil' Farmers, Light of Hope, Popolocrois: SoS, and Doraemon: SoS.
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I thought this video was interesting. Here, a youtuber ranks all current Harvest Moon and Story of Seasons (Bokumono games) and Harvest Moon (Natsume-created games). Opinions and thoughts? Note that this does not include Doraemon Story of Seasons: Friends of the Great Kingdom (which releases November 2, 2022 in the West) or any of the Rune Factory series of games.
infel
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Interesting video. I think I’m nearly the same with him on his opinions. It’s nice to see Story of Seasons Mineral Town up there in his S tier. I really think most people like/love this game. Having played it myself, I really do enjoy it. Wether I can say I love it more that the originals is hard to say. I’m also glad to see Story of Seasons Trio of Towns up in S tier as well. I honestly think it’s the best Story of Seasons so far. Good character, graphics, and even heart/flower events.

I’m a tad surprised by Pioneer Town, but I get it. I know people love it and I did like the gameplay. I wouldn’t say I’d put it that high on the list if I made one though. Maybe B or a high c. It’s just the lack of portraits, festivals and kind of boring characters make it hard for me to love the game. Also, I may try Doreamon ( sorry for the spelling). Many people seem to really like this game and it looks cute.

A big thing I’m glad to see are the DS games up in the B tier. I truly love these games despite the glitches, but I do understand why others may dislike them. It’s just nice to see them kind of high on here. Whenever I see a list like this, I expect them to be lower. Even on Fogu though, I’ve seen people really do like these games. Can’t agree with Grand Bazzar though. I really do not like this game. Tree of Tranquilly is also one I’m iffy about. Animal Parade was much better though.

Also, I’m not the surprised that Sunshine Island and Island of Happiness are ranked so low. These games lack good controls, a bad weather system, and bad stamina decrease. For some reason in these games you get hungry very quickly and need to eat a lot or you loose even more stamina. I just couldn’t find a way to make money and keep my character in food. Also, the controls just aren’t good in these games. I’ve tried Sunshine Island for example, and they are still wonky. Sunshine Island is an improvement though. I also do understand why people would like these games. I like the love interests in them. C tier for Sunshine Island is fair in my eyes.

As for most of the Natsume Harvest moon games, I’m not surprised how their games are on his bottom list. I know these games have their fans, but it was so hard for me to like them. Natusme though does seem to be getting better with every new game they make and I’m hoping they keep going in that direction.

One last thing, I wonder if he doesn’t like Stardew Valley given his comment about it. I do agree that people shouldn't brush off other farming games if they aren’t like Stardew Valley. There are so many good other farming games to play besides Stardew Valley, and Story of Seasons Trio of Towns is one of them.