What controls the quality of store items?

Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS [ Game Guide ]
retroberrii
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Hi! Like the title says, I've been using the bouquet strategy to make money in my first Spring, and I noticed Cam went from making 2 star bouquets to 2 1/2 star bouquets. I was wondering what caused the increase, whether it was number of things purchased, or maybe friendship? I thought it would be time based like the ones on the mountain, but like I said I'm still in year 1 Spring. Thanks
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

The star rank of the bouquet is influenced by your cooking level and the star rank of the flowers you use to make the bouquet or perfume.
retroberrii
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Thank you! My cooking did level up between days but I never would have guessed that had any connection to it lol
Terdin
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I have not seen any correlation between bouquet-making and cooking skill. Sure, if using better quality flowers, it will produce bouquets with more stars, but that's a different matter.

I'd say it's random, with some correlation to how much Cam likes you. While still courting, as a female farmer, the quality of bouquets from the 0.5 star flowers he sell varied from 2 to 3.5 stars. The file where I started off in Bluebell, rarely had less than 2.5 stars. The day after giving him a liked gift, or going on a date with him, he seemed more likely to make better bouquets.

After marrying someone other than Cam, 2 stars became the norm, with better days happening once or twice a week.