what did people name their farm/player?

Nintendo 3DS [ Game Guide ]. JP release = Feb 2012. NA release = Oct 2012. EU release = Sept 2013
BlueSkye
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

so i just restarted because i wanted to change my players names. it got me thinking: what did you all name your player/s farm?
i always just make a name that i think sounds good with the character ill marry.
example: i thought Alex and Felicity sounded nice together when said outloud.
also: do you ever restart you files if you dislike what you named ig? like maybe the first cow you get for example? i never can think of a name i like for the cow neil gives you, yet i can do names for bought animals just fine. :?
anyone elce super indecicive with ig names?
Twix
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I named by character after me because I wanted to feel like I was in the game and marrying Gill.

My farm I named Sanrio because I loveee hello kitty and friends :wink:
BlueSkye
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Awww! sanrio farm! thats a great name ^^

i restarted both files again so now my girl player is Rosie from Lovely farm. i thought they would work for my pink gal :)
my boy file is Jasper from Memory farm, just cuz i like the sound of them. (also jasper from twilight. love the movies plus books XD)
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I like descriptive farm names, like Hope, Windy, Grace, Sunlit, etc. I'm also okay with ones like Honey or Maple. Any tree name works, if it fits...Poplar, Ash, Rowan, Willow, Birch, etc.

My character name is usually either Cricket (though I have to sadly change the spelling to Criket, to fit!) or Cicely, as it's a herb name I really like (sweet cicely has lovely leaves, pretty frothy white blooms and makes a medicinal tea for respiratory issues, and tastes a bit like anise.)
Somerandom
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

If I go in prepared with an awesome idea of what to name my character then yeah, I’ll use it, but that hardly ever happens, so I have no idea of what to call my characters. There is literally no common theme between my characters most of the time since I just name and design my character in a way that it think is cool at the time since to me, they aren’t self inserts or anything like that but rather separate characters. In Trio and ANB I randomly typed a first letter and then created a name and rolled with it from there.

With Animal and farm names, I just pick the first thing that comes to mind. In PoOT however, when the mayor asked me what the name of my grandfather’s farm was, I typed in “I don’t know”and that was the name of my farm in that playthrough.

I love it when people have a theme for their character and farm! It’s very cool.
BlueSkye
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

:) such great names everyone!

on the topic of descriptive names Kikki, i was going to name my boy file farm Breezy farm, but then i when i typed it in, i was all like, naah. astheticly i didnt like how it looked, so after a quick search of 6 letter words on google, the name Memory struck a chourd. it seemed pretty to me so yeah

and SomeRandom: i can just imagine some npc saying "this is i dont know farm. why did you decide on that?" *imagining a troll face on that npc. :lol:
In ANB, Yuri can say somthing along those lines, when she walking on your farm. :D

i dont really do self inserts for characters in video games, so im kinda the same w/ the separte character idea. its almost like im doing a OC.. its a separte character that happens to be in their harvest moon world. ~♪
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Breezy is a lovely word for a lovely type of weather and it's great to say or hear, but an ugly word to look at, I feel...which is unfortunate.

I definitely tend to steer toward nature names. Trees, flowers, herbs, spices, or other natural elements like bodies of water (river, lake, stream, ocean, sea, etc.) or rock formations (mountain, cliff, mesa, chasm, fjord...) Nature names are great, and feel right on pretty much any farm, though often the best ones don't fit and I have to come up with goofy alternate spellings.
BlueSkye
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

i totally agree. thats basicly the same thing i thought about 'Breezy' when i saw it.
i always struggle with coming up names in video games. i swear one of the first things i do when i buy a game is think to myself: "what will i name everything?"

the right name is esential to me in games and the bane of my exictence. it takes me FOREVER.
Animal Crossing NewLeaf was nuts. id sit with my DS in hand for 25 minutes, typing in names for my town/player only to end up restarting my file 1-2 weeks later irl (-3-

also when you mentioned Willow in that 1st post, i forgot to say thats what i named my Alpaca in my gal file.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

There's one name I always reuse...the llama in ANB is always Disco, because the style of forehead fur looks like a greaser pompador from the 70s to me, and the weird groovy happy dance they do really cements it. I usually name one of my cows Shake. For two reasons. One = milkshake. Two = the same name as ultimate tough-guy character of Sugarless. It amuses me to name a big, fat, placid cow after that overhyped badass. (Shake himself is pretty cool, but unrealistic, rampant overhyping is something the author of Sugarless is into. I can't decide how much of it is calculated.)

I love naming things. It doesn't stress me out, though...I always have a million I want to use. :) I do like to settle a theme in advance, though, to make it easier.
BlueSkye
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Ha! omg your right! the llama DOES have a pompadour hairdo.
i went ig to see my llama and burst out laughing irl when i saw the simalaritys. XD

naming things.. well, its stressful, but not stressful, at the same time. i do enjoy it, but it sometimes it takes so long then they enjoyment weres off a bit.
like, when you buy the animals, your pretty much stuck on the naming untill you settle on somthing. you cant exit out or be like, 'nvm ill buy this later'.
well, you can exit out but then its like "think of a name!" and your back in the typing area :lol:
im pretty indecicive irl. but oh well!
i deal :)

btw: do you still play ANB ? ive been looking for people to play w/ on this forum and so far ive only found one person willing to do the wifi with me..
id love to play with you at some point, then we could see each others animals, and swap items or whateves.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I don't have a game on the go right now. I've never used multiplayer, that I can remember. I have a vague recollection of multiplayer in ANB somewhere in my head, but I think I must have tried using it with myself (with my other copy of the game on the original 3DS rather than my 'New' 3DS...had to be able to play Xenoblade, and wow, best ridiculous purchase ever!) While I don't find naming things to be stressful (especially if I've chosen an overall theme beforehand, and I think I will always name my cows after badass characters in delinquent mangas because it makes me smile) I actually find multiplayer really stressful. Something about playing with other people just makes me feel pressured and on-the-spot.

I get my yams (pretty sure they're actually sweet potatoes, though) before Fall Year 1 via the festival system. Sometimes it takes a bit of resetting, but worthwhile to be able to marry Sanjay in Year 2!
BlueSkye
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

ah ok! no worrys ^^''
if your not comfortable doing multi, thats totaly fine.
i know what you mean by feeling pressured/on the spot. i feel it too often with wifi on pokemon X and Y.
about them yams tho, i assume sanjay is after the restoration plan where you gotta ship 30 yams+potatos?
orignally i was gonna for sanjay, but then i found allen was totally my type too. he has good self-confedence, red hair, and says heartwarming lines after marrage.

so i thought, well,sanjay may take me longer than i want to wait,and i was able to marry allen by Year 1winter 24ish, so i married allen. i waited till spring year2 to do so cuz i didnt want snow on the wedding XD i dont regret it.
before i restated, i was married to neil and honestly the only thing i liked about him was his blush portrait :lol:
anyway, the save the reset trick is very useful. i do it in the mine and w/ fish traps :)
Mabbie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I named my character Yuko, and my farm Holic. It's a reference to Ichihara Yuko and the xHolic manga, which I read when I was 18 years old. I really like that name, and the character is pretty badass. :heart:
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thanks for understanding :)

Yeah, Sanjay's house (technically Amir's house, I suppose) unlocks in the final restoration plan, and you have to finish the 4th to get that, so getting yams in year 1 is essential if you want to marry Sanjay or Amir before Year 3. Though you can't do it any faster since you also have to participate in 3 garden tours to unlock the last restoration plan. I tried my best, but it literally isn't possible to unlock Sanjay and Amir until after the first gardening tour of year 2. But if you have lots of his favourite, herb pasta, you can get him up to max really quick, and that's an easy dish, so I did manage to marry him in Summer Year 2. Pretty sure I did it in the shortest time possible, though it does require you to RUSH through the restoration. Thankfully you don't need to FINISH the final restoration plan to get him, just get it started. :)

I can't marry anyone but Sanjay in ANB. Tried it, and just can't live with it, lol. I managed to force myself to go through with a marriage to Amir that I was doing as a time challenge, but I stopped playing that file as soon as I reached my goal of as-early-as-possible a marriage with him. I can't live with anyone other than Sanjay as my farmer's spouse, it seems. Tried to do a Neil file...couldn't.

On topic...I've always loved naming things. It definitely takes some of the pressure off, though, to have a theme set in advance, to narrow down the choices. For me, anyway.
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I live and die by default names, as naming characters myself breaks story immersion for me (I named the main character in Dragon Quest 11 Frey, forgetting DQ doesn’t usually let you choose gender, and I’ve been living with that for 70 hours).

I always have to name my farm, and it is always Bee Fork. I usually choose default Jack/Jill if I’m forced to name the protagonist. The pet is usually named after my partner. But I can’t keep lists of farm-y sounding names in my head for livestock, I massively break immersion and use character names from a book or show. SoSFoMT was the most ridiculous, as I used a Star Wars theme, so the barn animals were all named after Imperial/First Order officers (split between the two by cows and sheep), the coop were Resistance and Rebellion characters split between chickens and rabbits, and the pets were all droids. So many animals, and they had to be rotated to raise hearts.