Haung glitch?

A Nintendo Switch/PC/Ps4/XBox remake of the 2003 Gameboy Advance games HM: Friends of Mineral Town and HM: More Friends of Mineral Town. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Oct 2019. NA release = Jul 2020. EU release = Jul 2020.
Rose Petals
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

In my shipping log, it shows that I've sold one of each of his apples (SUGDW, HMSGB, AEPFE). I'm working on cooking all the recipes, and I realised, Haung hasn't stopped by to sell me apples for a while now. I have the vase. I wait for the 4th every season, and he is a no show.

I am in the winter of year 3, married to Ran and a few days ago the event happened where the Harvest Goddess gifted us our daughter. I wondered, have I accidentally stumbled onto some glitch and is there a way to bring him back? Haung is one of my fave characters, and I like buying all the apples from him and collecting them after I sold the initial first. He is at 10 music notes. The 4th has already come and gone for this season, so I will have to wait until spring.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I have not heard of him getting glitched, although I think his appearance at the door, at least initially, is triggered by how much money you have on hand. I don't remember if the weather might be involved? I wonder if there were events conflicting with each other so one took priority maybe? I should probably try checking on one of my later year files I did a lot of sleeping through, as you actually have to go out the door for him to come and see if he still comes for me.
Rose Petals
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Money wasn't an issue, as I did about one year of doing the selling dresses trick for both the autumn and spring derbys. I wanted money to not be an issue while I did some major farm renovations and just bought the lumber, that I had put off until after marriage.

I can't say for certain what the weather was on those days he should appear. I don't know about events either. I do know it wasn't events to do with the family. The wedding was the 28th of Winter, the child adoption event was 28th of Autumn. I forgot to mention that in the OP. I've been playing a whole season since I posted this, and he didn't appear in it either. It is getting close to the end of Spring, so I will see if he appears in summer.
Mabbie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Does he really have a specific day to come? I never kept track of this, but by the end of year 4 I managed to cook all kind of apple.