Story of Seasons: AWL remake announced!

What happened to Murrey!? A remake of Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life (2004) and Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life (2005) for Nintendo Switch. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jan 2023. NA release = June 2023. EU release = June 2023.
shayachan
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I think they did not have an introduction post for Dr. Hardy and Daryl, though Dr. Hardy we have seen in at least one screenshot from the back. Daryl is just missing so far.

I was just thinking that instead of having an introduction for our... farm tools, I'd love an official post for each of the children we could have, and seeing how their personalities differ. But I guess that is just wishful thinking.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

shayachan wrote: Nov 23, 2022 10:51 am
I was just thinking that instead of having an introduction for our... farm tools, I'd love an official post for each of the children we could have, and seeing how their personalities differ. But I guess that is just wishful thinking.
Yeah I really want to see the kids. I can't decide who I marry until then lol. So once the game comes out in Japan, I hope someone will post screenshots of every possible child.
TahoeMario
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

shayachan wrote: Nov 23, 2022 10:51 am I think they did not have an introduction post for Dr. Hardy and Daryl, though Dr. Hardy we have seen in at least one screenshot from the back. Daryl is just missing so far.

That's true, there was also a small glimpse of the doctor's like... shoulder in the new trailers too, but they still never did show his face. I have a feeling they're either really nervous about showing those two in particular off or really proud of how well they think those two have turned out. I did write down a list a week or two ago; though, it's obviously changed since Pui and Grant's family have already been seen. But so, at this point, I believe Hardy, Carter, Flora and Daryl are the only ones left without an official bio yet. Idk if Daachan will get one or not, but that's another possible update. We do know that Tartan will get its own update because the hybrid crops are going to get their own section on the website, based on the preview from the life page. Other sections yet to be expanded upon include-- ranch equipment (like makers and such), upgrading buildings (like expanding the coop), character customization and fashion, festivals, photos; and mini-games.

Plus, I suppose they may actually show some more upgraded tools, unfortunately, since they made it a point to mention that only the hoe, watering can and sickle were being presented in the update this morning. And maybe they'll continue to spotlight each animal. They've at least done the "pets", which does have its own section on the site too, but idk if they consider the horse a pet per se or not. They don't appear to have dedicated "livestock" or "poultry" sections though, so they might not, but I'd imagine they'll want to pad out these last two months until the JP release.

I will say, having actual bios for the children would be really cool. They did have one update where they showed a couple of different children and it was basically just saying "hey, you can have children and they're unique", which was a bit redundant lol. I hope they start releasing those too. Because you know they've had to make art for all of the different kids so why not. I feel like they'd probably wait until they're nearing release before fully revealing them though, if they're going to do so.
Miko
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Hi, I have a question. have they announced if they adding any new characters?
TahoeMario
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

They haven't shown any or really even hinted at there being any yet. But there could still be some and we just don't know it, so we'll have to wait and see.

Anyway. Here are the screenshots for today, these showing more tools:
Spoiler:
I also wanted to make a correction from my last post: I went back and looked, and it seems they were calling the horse a pet clear as day so maybe they won't show off each individual animal... they still might do, but I find it less likely than I previously thought.
Anna_Lynn
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Is it implied that using just the brush washes animals now? If so, I'm a bit disappointed that they dumbed down the system. I like having to push animals to the water trough to wash them, but I suppose the developers thought that would be a tedious process with the potential of 16 animals.

Also I really hope that sheep produce more wool in the remake, or make it regrow every three days. I never bothered owning sheep in the original game since they only produced wool once every 10 days, so like four times a year.
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Don’t know if anyone’s commented on this yet, but it’s nice to know that we’ll have a stamina bar. I never took care of my character in the original, so I’d always be running around with a constantly grumbling stomach 😂
TahoeMario
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Anna_Lynn wrote: Nov 24, 2022 6:50 am Is it implied that using just the brush washes animals now? If so, I'm a bit disappointed that they dumbed down the system. I like having to push animals to the water trough to wash them, but I suppose the developers thought that would be a tedious process with the potential of 16 animals.

Also I really hope that sheep produce more wool in the remake, or make it regrow every three days. I never bothered owning sheep in the original game since they only produced wool once every 10 days, so like four times a year.
I believe there was a clip in the initial Direct trailer that had a cow, covered in dirt splodges, being washed by the MC from pretty much halfway across the pasture. So that does seem to be the case.

How often did sheep produce wool in PoOT? I forget, but if it was more often there then it might be the same here. It'd also help if they made you actually need to use it for something. I think it would be neat if for example that's how Nami got her blue shirt seen in the more recent EN trailer, if you had to make it for her. Making the extra clothes for your spouse instead of them being locked behind the gender of your child? That'd be really cool, imo.

FarmingForDaysMan wrote: Nov 24, 2022 6:52 am Don’t know if anyone’s commented on this yet, but it’s nice to know that we’ll have a stamina bar. I never took care of my character in the original, so I’d always be running around with a constantly grumbling stomach 😂
Yeah, no more getting interrupted by your growling stomach when trying to fish lol.

Anyway. Here's the new JP screenshots for today, they've put this first image along with four others on the website under a new Gallery page:
Spoiler:
The first photo says it was taken on Spring 1st by Takakura. I suppose this does seem to suggest that Tak gifts you the new Camera and that photography was maybe his hobby before you arrived, so that's kind of cute, I guess. Interestingly, the second and fourth of these images have no name next to Photographer while the third and fifth are noted as also having been taken by Takakura. All other photos here are taken on the 6th of Spring, except for the final one which was on the 10th. The fourth image does show the lizard for I think the first time too.

They've also updated the life page of the site with more things we've not been shown yet. Along with the Pets and Tools section that they've been putting out recently, there's also now the actual Photo section:
Spoiler:
And a new Festivals section too:
Spoiler:
The first one has the female MC with Matthew and his son at the New Year's Festival; Romana thanks everyone for joining her.
The second one has her with Rock and his son (who does have dark hair now too) at the Fireworks Festival, he's saying he's glad his family is excited about their first fireworks together and how he hopes to have many new experiences in the future.
The third one has her with Gordy and his son while Vesta is saying they're going to get this Harvest Festival underway.
The final one has the male MC with Cecilia at the Starry Festival; she's pondering on what wish she should make this year.

As well, they've updated the rancher page with a couple more festival and photo... photos:
Spoiler:
The first image has the female MC standing alongside Gustafa as he's thanking everyone for spending their time with him and how he hopes to see everyone again next year.

There's also Grant's family and the twins' houses on the resident page along with Pui and all of their bios:
Spoiler:
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

One thing I'm disappointed about, but wasn't expecting them to do was having new character models as villagers turn middle aged and elderly. Like give them new outfits and hairstyles.
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

I wonder why the lizard’s little leg is bandaged up. It’d be cute if Dr. Hardy was the one who fixed it up :3
Anna_Lynn

Post  Posted:

FarmingForDaysMan wrote: Nov 25, 2022 4:58 pm I wonder why the lizard’s little leg is bandaged up. It’d be cute if Dr. Hardy was the one who fixed it up :3
Not sure if this is a spoiler or not, but the one who fixes up the lizard's leg in the original is
Spoiler:
Takakura. Sometimes when he wanders around the Goddess pond he'll mention how he noticed one day that the lizard's leg was injured, so he patched it up. Although I do wish it was Hardy, since they never did anything cool like that with his character in the original game.
PaleSunflower
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

All these pictures of festivals are showing villagers and still no Daryl. I am really starting to think they cut him completely at this point and either left his lab abandoned or manned by another villager (or nameless NPC) at this point. The main other option I can think of for his strange absence is that Daryl has become a secret character instead, but I really don't know. The longer Daryl isn't shown, despite him originally being a regular NPC available at the beginning, the more conspicuous him not appearing in any screenshots becomes.
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Anna_Lynn wrote: Nov 25, 2022 7:20 pm
FarmingForDaysMan wrote: Nov 25, 2022 4:58 pm I wonder why the lizard’s little leg is bandaged up. It’d be cute if Dr. Hardy was the one who fixed it up :3
Not sure if this is a spoiler or not, but the one who fixes up the lizard's leg in the original is
Spoiler:
Takakura. Sometimes when he wanders around the Goddess pond he'll mention how he noticed one day that the lizard's leg was injured, so he patched it up. Although I do wish it was Hardy, since they never did anything cool like that with his character in the original game.
Ohhh, okay. I forgot about that. Isn’t he a sweetie :3
fishifishie
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

PaleSunflower wrote: Nov 25, 2022 7:58 pm All these pictures of festivals are showing villagers and still no Daryl. I am really starting to think they cut him completely at this point and either left his lab abandoned or manned by another villager (or nameless NPC) at this point. The main other option I can think of for his strange absence is that Daryl has become a secret character instead, but I really don't know. The longer Daryl isn't shown, despite him originally being a regular NPC available at the beginning, the more conspicuous him not appearing in any screenshots becomes.
I'm hoping its because they have made him a secret bachelor but I dare not dream lol
midnighttherabbit
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Maybe a little early to be thinking about it, but I wonder if there'll be preorder bonuses outside of Japan? I haven't seen any here in Europe, despite the special editions being available to buy already. ;.; I'm like 90% sure I'm not going to get the special edition at this point but I like to collect things lol