Backlog 2022

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Cleared Pokemon Violet, so one more for 2022, yay! I am still probably going to be playing it for a while to finish the Pokedex and get the shiny charm.

Tomorrow the free game thing I mentioned starts so I will be downloading those and deleting the ones I don't like. I will try to make mention if one actually ends up being pretty good.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Nearly came on and asked you all if you remembered where I left off in ANB, lol. Because I couldn't, for a bit. Brain not braining! But after realizing that'd be a ridiculous thing to ask, I realized I just knew that somewhere in this Backlog thread is the answer, even if it's silly to expect other people to remember what you were doing in your own game any better than you do yourself, lol. I've started to think of the Backlog thread as an entity that can answer my gaming questions. :P

I haven't gone back into it yet, but after some percolation, I recall that I had just won the first Garden Tour thing (if that's what it was even called!) and was going to have to wait two more long seasons before winning a third one, to unlock Sanjay and Amir. I'm going to have to do everything I can to win Recipe Set 6 from the festivals between now and then, as I need the herb pasta recipe to put Sanjay's FP up as fast as possible. I may have had one recipe left to earn from the first group of recipes before that would be possible, but I'll have to check again...can't remember now if I had all 5 of them or not. (I think I did...?)

I don't think I'll pick this up immediately again, though, unless I'm too tired to move.
Spoiler:
I was about 6 or so hours out at the house-building site, and my sister and I actually hand-carried two rafters (something like 30 feet wide and 7-8 feet high) and I think every muscle from my waist down nearly fused together permanently. My muscles overreact to everything right now. TBF, it's actually the nerves that are acting up, not the muscles themselves, though the nerves in turn make the muscles clench...they're basically constant drama queens, now, freaking out over everything. The gabapentin does help quite a bit, though, pain-wise (it's not a painkiller...it's an anti-convulsant that calms the nerves down by uh...blocking calcium? Can't pretend to understand how calcium makes your nerves send out more pain signals.)

But this morning I need to go do some data entry for my other sister (things are INSANE at the greenhouse right now and she's bearing the brunt of it since she does ALL the paperwork) in a couple hours...gotta try to get a few hours-worth of it done in time to return for 11AM since I'm hoping for a call from my neuro's office sometime today after 11. Cancelled today's blood test and pushed it to tomorrow to accomodate the time crunch. PLUS I have to empty the fridge entirely today or tomorrow as our new fridge will arrive then...the fridge is on TOP and I'm very happy about that. I almost never use the fridge freezer so I'd rather it was the thing that had to be stooped to, not the fridge shelves that I use multiple times daily. Happy, happy! And just in time to start a new diet, too, as my sister is probably going to have to go Mediterranean to accommodate her current health problems. Which is fine with me...that's the way I'd prefer to eat anyway and it'll be nice to have an excuse to push a healthier menu. It'll be nice to stock a brand new fridge with lots of lush fruit and veg!
If I've got enough energy to sit up later in the day, I'm gonna try to restart Egglia. If I don't, I'll pick my replay of ANB back up. With TEMPEST, I've already done 24 games in 2022, but might as well keep going if I've got any inclination. :)

EDIT: Can barely move, but am pretty comfy in my recliner, so can play Egglia. I forgot how BORING the characters and story were! They're just so babyish. I absolutely love the art style and the colours, and Chabo is daaaaaaaaaaarling, painfully cute, with his huge blue yes, wavy golden hair and big floppy pointy ears, and his baggy puffy little clothes, but I find myself button-mashing my way through all dialogue, story and otherwise. It's so uninteresting it's painful to force myself to actually read it. DId I manage to read it the first time? I maybe should have tried to pick the game up from where I was, about a third of the way in, rather than restart, even though I couldn't remember anything. Turns out it's not worth remembering.

Sure is cute, though. I want to take the icon for just about everything and make it into a sticker or print or poster. The iceberries, each egg, the potions, the foods, the little houses...everything. So, so cute. VERY worth playing if you just want to rest your eyes on something charming, but actually paying attention to the text is...not so fun. (Kind of like Fantasy Life, which has great gameplay but a childish story and characters.)
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I have a whopping 3 days off starting tomorrow. I want to work on art, get caught up on anime, and relax in some MMOs. Tomorrow I have to do some few errands with sending out Christmas packages and letters, but after that I'll be jumping into Genshin Impact's newest update to play through the story, do my weeklies, and roll for the new character I want. After that it'll be whatever else I want to do. I have a handful of drawings I want to digitize for my shop and I want to also work on some of my FFXIV grinds (Music Scrolls, Eureka, ect).

Also, for some reason I've been missing PSO2, so I redownloaded it and messed around with it for an hour, and yeah, I'll probably pick this one up again. It's just too pretty and the gameplay is fun enough too, plus it falls under the umbrella of MMOs that respect your time rather than demand it, so it ticks a lot of boxes for me. I will eventually 100% all of Genshin and get everything I want in FFXIV (until the next expansion), so it'll be good to have another giant « Mr.Gourmet's hat » game to fall back on regardless.

Speaking of big « Mr.Gourmet's hat » games, I wonder if Hoyo's next game, Zenless Zone Zero, is going to come to PS5. At first I was disinterested by it, but upon revisiting it's trailers, I'd like to play it when it releases. It feels like having it on consoles would be a no brainer, but then we have Hoyo's other big hitter, Honkai Impact 3rd, stuck on mobile and PC. I'm also interested in Namco's new MMO; Blue Protocol. It's set for a 2023 release (in Japan) and I do quite like the look of it so far, but I'm not going to get excited for it until it's confirmed for console. I don't want to PC game, period. I will suffer through visual novels stuck on PC, but I cannot get comfy/relax on my PC when it comes to other genres.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Dreamlight Valley got a big update yesterday, if anyone here is still interested in it and didn't notice. It looks like they've added Toy Story characters to the game (Buzz and Woody for sure), a new 'main story' segment (about the Valley as a whole, I believe, rather than specific character quests) and Stitch was in the trailer and a rocket that may be his rocket...so maybe the 'new mystery' is to do with Stitch?)

I don't seem to be at all interested in going back into it, though. They also say they've made Switch performance a priority...though I'm pretty sure the game is glitchy across ALL consoles, though Switch has the worst time with things like framerate and other technical stuff, afaik, so maybe that's all it is...it got special attention because it's the only one that NEEDED special attention? The new stuff looks relatively interesting, but...it's still a Disney game (duh.) So I guess that's why I don't really care. Interacting with Disney characters just isn't a thrill for me. I did grow up with Disney but for some reason it doesn't hit my nostalgia button at all. (My nostalgia button is notoriously small and hard to hit!) I don't think I'd go back even if they added Robin Hood (1973) to the game.

Glad to hear Kristoff will have more items to sell, like ingots, and drop rates have been improved, but...I don't think I wanna go back.

Lately I've been really wanting FarmVille (2009!...the Flash game on Facebook, not the mobile game we have now.) trees. By the time that game shut down, they had such an extraordinary collection of trees with great designs. Normal trees and magical trees. I miss my tree collection.

My prescription has been updated and I have 11 refills. A year's worth. I think I'm stuck on it long-term. Well, I suspect I've been dealing with faulty nerve pain for more than ten years already and have been avoiding it by eliminating any strenuous, muscle-challenging exercise, which really triggers the nerves, it seems. At least I'm on a low dose. I don't want to be on any meds, they all have side-effects, but at the same time...I wonder if this means I could do weight-training again :?:

Picked up my new scription, got my bloodwork done, and have volunteered to be delivery for lunch for the visiting inventory people and the regular crew today, and our fridge was installed yesterday, so the kitchen's a minor disaster that I'm still wading through...gotta get stuff placed back on top, insides reorganized, etc. But I love the new fridge and how I no longer have to stoop for everything in the drawers and on the bottom shelf. Long live freezers-on-the-bottom fridges!

I don't know if I'll get to Egglia today. Probably a little? Wish it had a more compelling story! It's such a fun game to look at...I just wish it were more fun to PLAY.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I dunno, even with the JRPG title I wasn't expecting Harvestella to be this long. 44 hours in, so far. And there's so much left to do I bet I could get 100 hours out of it. Probably 100 hours to complete, at least. I am SURPRISED at how many fish there are. Just the time involved in drawing the art for this game gives me sympathy RSI. Or flare ups of my own, anyway.

Haven't gotten to the next story section yet. I'm up to what I'm all but positive is the next boss, but the area's enemies still do a lot of damage to me so I want to level a bit more before running in there.

STILL have not broken the economy, either. Which for the most part I think is good. Getting incrementally better at making money without making ALL the money and unlocking everything at once. It keeps me itchy to play more, which I guess is the point. :lol:

Haven't really done much with the new Genshin update yet. Still watching all the info about Scaramouche and Faruzan come in before I make any decisions. Apparently she's a generic anemo buffer, and works well with Heizou, even being constellation locked. And Scara may have some targeting issues...which hopefully can be fixed. So I may end up doing a couple of Faruzan ten pulls. Could always use more Gorou constellations, in the worst case.

I'm also hearing that the TCG is actually good? Will have to check that out at some point. I've never been much into card games...aside from collecting them for the pretty art. It's worth a try though, being free and in a game I've already downloaded.
infel
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I've just been playing random games lately, or rather just play testing certain things. Honestly, I don't really know what to play right now. I don't know if it's because I'm tired again or maybe because it's the end of the year and I'm kind of down about the lack of games I've completed. I haven't played any Animal Crossing or Story of seasons, but did get a bit of play time into Digimon. I think maybe I'm like this right now cause I'm tired and a bit stressed.

For the random games, I've been playing a lot of Kairosoft games lately on the Switch. The games they make tend to be small simulation games where you try go grow a business or a town etc. Some of the games are good, others a bit annoying. Still, I'm surprised by this company. The games they make are mostly fun and can even take you a decent while to finish. Originally, Kairosoft games were mobile games, but they've ported some of their games to PC and the Switch. Been playing their games the past two weeks, and even beat one of them. These games are good if someone just wants something simple and/or rather short.

I've also dabbled in some farming simulations games which is why I haven't played much Animal Crossing or Story of Seasons. First, I've played a game called Wylde Flowers. It's a farming game where the main character learns that she is a witch. I find the game to be okay. It's a bit weird in that you can't customize the main character and you can only play as a girl. They did this because Tara (the mc) isn't a self insert and there is a narrative. A cool thing about the game though is that it is entirely voice acted in various different languages. Gameplay is okay, but not as fun as other faming games. I think though I can play this, but likely at a slow place. Another game I've been playing which is a bit more fun than Wylde Flowers, is Dreamlight Valley. Honestly, I never thought I'd buy this game, especially since it'll be free next year. I also do not like F2P games due to the predatory actions that come with them. However, I did want to try this game and even if down the line i grow to dislike it (depends on how they handle it), I will say it's a decent game. I'm playing on the Switch and it's true that the game has problems running on the Switch, but it's not that bad. I only had one crash. The game itself is a lot like Animal Crossing but different enough. It has pretty good art, good gameplay, and is very relaxing. The 'villagers' are also more interesting compared to Animal Crossing. I still prefer Animal Crossing though, but Dreamlight Valley has the potential to be a good game. Problem is that when it becomes free, I worry about the predatory actions that might come. Still, only time can tell.

And that's about everything I've been playing. Honestly, I've just been play tasting a few things to see what I can get in to. I may go back to Pokemon Violet sometime this week when I can and finish the post game of Pokemon Arceus. As for the other stuff, sadly I don't know if I'll finish another game before the year is up or even go back to some of them right now. At the moment I'm just too tired to play anything complex.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I got the Wanderer on my 2nd pull, wahooooo! I got him to level 70 before I ran out of mats, and I am not going to try and jump into people's world for hard to reach mushrooms, so I'll wait until they reset. Even at level 70, he is a powerhouse. I ran around Sumeru soloing every mob. He's so speedy and his range is insane. Really looking forward to building team comps with him. Annnd no big surprise, the banner has once again refused to cough up the new 4 star, but has instead almost given me full constellations for the repeats. I didn't get Candace, I didn't get Layla, and now I didn't get Faruzan. I even got non focus 4 stars like another Diona and Rosaria, but no newbie. At this point I've accepted that I never get the 4 star characters when I want them, but when I least expect them to drop. Hell, I've gotten ever 4 star I missed out on when I took that year off by just pulling randomly since picking up the game again, so whatever, they'll come home when they're ready I guess lol.

The new card game mode in Genshin is pretty fun too. I played through the story and then did one invite match before I left it for the main story content. I'll certainly go back to the card game later, but not right now. I'd rather work on 100%ing the map, and I did actually get a chunk of Liyue done. I had to look up some hidden chests because I was stuck at 95%, and they thankfully brought me to completion of that particular area.

I played a little bit of FFXIV later on and managed to catch the Chi FATE for the first time, so another PS5 trophy in the bag. Today I think I'll binge the rest of the most recent JoJo season and then see what else I'm up for. I'm sending out Christmas packages today and tomorrow I'll be doing a double batch of fudge for my coworkers. Other than that I'm free until the weekend!
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

So uh, that was a Game Awards, wasn't it? GREAT fun to watch with a stream, for sure. Geoff finally got his « Cow Poopoo » together for streamers, 10 years in, so half of everybody I've ever watched stream was streaming it. From Al Pachino (still do not fully compute that Al Pachino was at the Game Awards...) to the stage crasher at the end... it was...something. Glad Elden Ring won over « Harvest Goddess » of War, personally. We all knew it was a two way fight, and Ragnarok was just...not what it could have been. Definitely a shame, after 2018.

And poor Miyazaki-san. :lol: He seemed genuinely surprised/happy about winning, too. He still walks away with two more trophies though, so there's that.

Played through the TCG tutorial in Genshin through part of it. I collected Pokemon cards as a kid, but I have never successfully learned the rules of a TCG... Tried to learn Magic The Gathering as a kid (under 10), which was an utter disaster. Afaik that's one of the more complicated ones, and I think I'm gonna need a little practice on the Genshin one. The tutorial was nothing, but, it was a tutorial. Fun, though! Really feels like they put a lot of effort into this, which for just a little side show thing. I dunno if it's something I'd keep up with, though. Sinking time into a TCG when I could be drawing or writing makes me feel guilty. Sigh.

I did do a single ten-pull hoping for a Gorou constellation (the one that lets him do minor healing), and did! So yay. No Faruzan, but oh well I guess.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Was it? I didn't watch it. I was watching Due South and I don't think it would have been worth swapping for, lol. I have watched several Game Awards in past years but it's just not that fun. Nintendo Directs definitely remain the one source of bulk game reveals that tend to get me excited. I just checked a recap of the show for what games were revealed and that was much faster and more appealing to me. I did see that there were some games that would get people excited, but with the paid-reactions of the crowds of tGA, I'm sure they had plenty of artificial excitement to go around even without genuine gamer excitement, lol. (There's something that just lets you KNOW what's real and what isn't. The FFVII Remake announcement at E3 way back...that scream that slowly rose within the crowd...it gave me goosebumps, and I teared up faintly at the thought of how thrilled and excited so many people were in that moment. No reactions at The Game Awards EVER do that to me.)

I saw oooooooooooooooooone game in TGA that I may want, but I'm in no way desperate for it. I won't name it here since there may be others yet to check the announcements. Pretty sure I saw one Mikodesu will have made note of, at least. Dunno what the general perception is of the 2022 GAs, overall.

I now definitely do NOT want FFXVI, though I probably wouldn't have wanted it anyway (unless they do a Pocket Edition!) Which has made me wonder if I'm ever going to think the PS5 is a console I actually need. I still haven't had the slightest inkling to actually buy one. I look at them to see if they're available and what they cost, if non-scalper prices are available anywhere, but even if I happen across one in that situation, I shrug. I now seem to be able to get all the games I want on Switch, and the ones that simply cannot be made to run on it will generally come to PC, so I can still have the console experience by using my SteamDeck via a hub or dock, if it's something I really want to play. (I can never decide how to write Steam Deck. Steamdeck. SteamDeck.) Like if a new Tales games comes out and it looks as good as or better than Arise...I'll probably want to play it. Though Arise was just pretty and generally well-done. It didn't renovate their cobwebby formula much at all.

Maybe I'm just largely done with Playstation? Trails and Tales were the only things I cared about on it, and they are no longer exclusive to it. Trails now goes to Switch AND PC, and Tales goes to PC. They did an okay job of including achievements on Switch, too, for Trails from Zero. :) (I do wish Switch had an achievement system more like Playstation's, though. I found it motivating to get through a bit more content.)

I kind of feel like trying Kynseed today, though I'm not sure if things line up for it, for me, yet. I don't really want to start anything big, and I'm pretty sure Kynseed is a HUGE game if you're enjoying all of the content in addition to the main story. Is anybody else gonna try this out? I may be remembering wrong, but I think Ronin probably has this game as a backer or piggybacker, like I do.

Three more weeks and we'll have a new Backlog thread again :) As usual, I'll put it up at the very end of December...the 30th or 31st. The GotY thread, too, if Kirie doesn't come back to reclaim it, or if no one else says they want to do it instead.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I think I'd still watch the Game Awards without a stream to settle in with, but it's MUCH more fun in a group. Helps to cope with the knowledge that you're just being advertised at. If you have the right group to settle in with, it's something to look forward to. For me, at least.

As for the fake excitement, I would GUESS it's less fake and more...small groups of employees from the individual companies who worked on the major nominated games, plus maybe a few big fans in the audience. (I know SOME games journalists were there...) Even if some of the employees have been told to cheer. :lol: That I don't know. But for the most part I'd like to think they're just proud, getting to celebrate all of the endless hours of hard work they put in. Not all of them (*cough* Doug Bowser) but quite a few seemed genuinely happy/proud.

It's always interesting to see what corporations and especially smaller/individual devs are willing save for Geoff Keighley. They could just as easily throw something up on social media (or have a 'direct'), but he's a pretty trusted individual in the industry these days. And his events recapture a lot of the socially awkward goofiness that some people (myself included) miss from E3 having vanished.

I was wondering why I'd never seen any mention of drip marketing for the next Genshin patch, and...apparently it was because they did a 'character reveal' trailer at the Game Awards? Interesting? Either the few people who recognized her in chat are up on leaks or she's ALSO from the manga. Alhaitham is also apparently up next.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I didn't watch this year, so I don't know about it, but I think...was it last year or 2020 where the audience reactions were downright bizarre? I think it was 2021. Like, they'd start cheering in the extreme for the equivalent of a commercial or...I don't even remember, I just remember it was weird and felt very fake. I've never gotten swept up in the cheering at all while watching the Game Awards in any year so far. (Though again, I didn't watch any of 2022's presentation.)

And Geoff Keighley is at a disadvantage with me. One thing is, I always think of him as 'that game industry guy'. NOT 'that game guy' or 'that gamer guy'...that game-industry guy. To me he feels very...corporate. I'm not sure how to word it. He doesn't feel like 'one of us', to me. The other part is, I'm no doubt comparing him to Reggie Fils-Aimé, who was one of the most personable and 'one-of-us' feeling kind of guys ever. (Doug Bowser does not remotely fill that role, imo, in spite of his convenient name. Doug Bowser has all the personality of a composite stump. Mind you, I've no idea if I'd actually like Reggie IRL or not, but as Nintendo's 'face', he was fantastic.) I just don't get anything from him at all. He feels more like a game critic or game reviewer than a game player, to me. I guess it's just a case of total personality mismatch for me. It's all about the show...not the games themselves. It's like the Oscars for games, where it's more about the pomp and circumstance than the movies themselves. Let us glorify glory for how glorious it is! Meh, I dunno.

That's me. I guess I just don't find the Game Awards fun? I did like Grimes' 4ÆM in 2020 and I think that was the best time I ever had while watching TGA. I think they've had a few pretty good announcements, particularly since poor old E3 bit the dust (not that E3 was so great, but the way it was a huge patchwork felt more organic, to me, I guess.)

These days I just check Gematsu/etc for news the day after to see what announcements came out, and that's enough for me. Due South is pretty entertaining so last night was fine without me actually remembering TGA was ongoing. :)

Man it's cold today. I mean, it's the right temperature for early/mid December, honestly quite ordinary (-5C/22F at midday, today) but there's no snow on the ground and it is SUNNY, so these temperatures feel vicious. I do want to give Kynseed a spin on steamdeck but I think it's too long/detailed for me when I'm tired and also can't sit for long. I wish our impact driver's batteries weren't hadn't all taken the permadeath option...I only have one more screw to drive in and I can finish hanging the floating shelves. Well, I can't manoeuvre the stairs properly today anyway so it's just as well I don't go down for the equipment, I suppose.

Too tired and weak to get anything valuable done, but too uncomfortable to sleep, lol. I think trying a session of Ring Fit might be a mistake since even stairs are wreaking havoc this week. I wonder what Active Life Outdoor Challenge is like. It'd be fantastic if it actually gave off a proper outdoorsy feeling!
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I didn't watch either, but I frequent the Genshin reddit and holy « Snuggly Bunny » were the Sonic fans being toxic little « Cow Poopies » towards Genshin players. They botted the hell out of the site to give Sonic Frontiers the edge over Genshin which crashed the entire website; annnnd all those bot votes got thrown out anyways, so good job putting on your clown noses, idiots. Some of them even came to apologize on behalf of their fandom. The majority of them them to get off twitter and touch some grass. Genshin fans too, don't get me wrong, but lol, botting the site because you're salty? Pffft.

Nothing too much for me at the gaming awards. I am glad that Yaoyao is finally real and Blue Protocol got confirmed for PS5+Localization. Hades II is pretty cool as is Death Stranding 2, but not day one for now. Breath of the Wild in May then FFXVI in June is gonna make for a busy gaming period. Oh yeah, and Fire Emblem is getting DLC because of course it is... *opens wallet*

Actual backlog stuff: I got two more music scrolls in FFXIV. As it turns out, waiting for the achievement FATEs and reaping the rewards is much more fun to grind than hitting every FATE in the area for bicolor grinding. It's generally more fun too. So, four more tied to the gems, and then the last one (for now) is tied to the Mahjong mini game. I really need to learn how that game works.

Welp, I'm off to go cut up the fudge! I hope I made enough.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I mainly watch the Game Awards for the people I watch with. Without that, it's background noise for the most part. (I do like seeing voice actors being celebrated, though. That makes me happy every year.) But that's every gaming advert show to me. You gather with a group of like minded folks and complain about there being no gameplay in the trailers, everybody gets a good laugh.

--
I REALLY like the Genshin TCG after playing it a bit more. I don't have the patience to deck build, but playing is FUN. I like strategy games, though, being forced to think ahead a few steps or work around some failure in the RNG. What sealed it for me were the first two matches against playable characters. I knocked both of them out with Sucrose's elemental burst in between rounds, which was hilarious.
Spoiler:
Especially for Fischl. I just do not like the girl. Hoyo cannot sell her to me, it's Oz alone or nothing.
I also keep getting more online invites... So far I've been too lazy to go hunt for the menu to turn it off, but I feel a little bad? I wonder if it's something to do with being AR 59 now. People would « Cow Poopoo » coming into my world and seeing how much I still have to do. :lol:

Didn't play much Harvestella today, though I did surprise myself by not being as done with the dungeon I'm in than I thought. This one just keeps going. Sort of like the story. THERE ARE STILL JOBS TO INTRODUCE, which just...boggles my mind. I keep waiting for them, and trying to max out the skills on what I have before they pop up.

Lordie I want a sequel to this game to be greenlit. I couldn't care less if it's in the same universe, just...refine the idea. It's so good already, if they got another shot, I wouldn't be surprised if it topped Rune Factory for me.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Mikodesu wrote: Dec 09, 2022 10:02 pm
Spoiler:
Especially for Fischl. I just do not like the girl. Hoyo cannot sell her to me, it's Oz alone or nothing.
She's grown on me to the point I don't hate using her in team comps any more. Being one of the mains in the GAA this year certainly helped flesh her out more and soften me towards her, because I can relate to parents being unsupportive of things you love because you're supposed to outgrow things in their eyes. I will never idle with her though for the same reason I never idle with Zhongli - they're annoying af. I wish Mihoyo would give us the option to turn off idle voice lines already.

-----

I finally sat down last night and finished Splatoon 3's story mode. The final boss was a pain at times, had to try at least 7 times to kill it, but I succeeded! So that's 21 games finished this year. When do we do the yearly wrap up again this month? If you're not feeling well enough to organize it this year Kiki, I can get it ready.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It's nice to have things to enjoy, anyway, Mikodesu; it's good that TGA works for you :) (I don't watch any streamers. Sometimes I'm looking for information on this or that and happen across people who seem to have good info and I end up watching a few of their YouTube videos, like the YouTuber formerly known as PlayWithJosh, or Eowna, etc, but I don't actually follow them or see them live via Twitch. If that's something they do, I don't know. I guess not all YouTubers are also on Twitch, though it seems that way of late.)
Bluie wrote: Dec 10, 2022 3:41 am So that's 21 games finished this year. When do we do the yearly wrap up again this month? If you're not feeling well enough to organize it this year Kiki, I can get it ready.
Thank you! :) I'm well enough for laptop stuff, but you're absolutely welcome to do the GotY thread if you want to, Bluie! Don't push yourself though if it's not something you wanna do...I have more free time than you so don't waste any of yours on extra chores. :) That said...I'm sure people get sick of seeing 'Kikki' plastered all over the forum threads...I sure do. I've sent a message to Kirie already to find out if she wants to pick it up again, but the message has remained unread so far. (She did read it eventually sometime in January, last time, but it seems she's really not on much so...I don't know how likely it is that she'll pop by this time.) I just use previous years threads as a template, do some copy-pasting, and a tiny bit of tweaking to adjust current suitability, if necessary. But it's mostly copy-paste, or was for me when I did it last year. Not that renovating isn't an option, mind you.

If no one else wanted to do it, and if Kirie did not happen by and wish to reclaim her thread, I was going to put the GotY/annual thread up, and the new Backlog thread, on December 30 or 31.

~

Right now (for the past few days) I have been checking ACNH daily. I haven't been DOING anything. I literally just sign in, enjoy Isabelle's announcement (one area I'd LOVE if they'd suddenly do a surprise update on is if they just give Isabelle a big new array of daily announcements), get my mail, check my shops, check the beach for a recipe (I got a golden dharma yesterday) and see who the visitor is. I dig up fossils and have a coffee if I have even an ounce of motivation...wish they'd let me custom order some tea! I'm in the mood for maple oolong atm, must brew some IRL this morning...then I jet on to Harvey's, check THOSE shops, then pop off 'to work' to check what Wendell has for sale and then what La Triviata's got (my archipelago clothing shop), and grab my free food recipe from the restaurant (I got potato curry last time.)

Then I sign off without actually doing anything, lol. I don't know why I'm doing it, since there's nothing left TO do, and I have no goals or plans, except I really should switch the ravine back to camellias. (Though I did nab an authentic academic painting from Redd's trailer. Thanks, you rotten crook...managed to squeeze ooooone more thing of value out of you.) I did see Gulliver yesterday in the 10 minutes I was on, and he's now sent me a Moai statue, which...thanks, that's probably the best thing Gulliver has to offer. :)

It's snowing in Wodewyrd today. Which is probably an 'of course!' since it's December 10, and I think that might be the day ACNH turns from fall to winter. I think it always snows on December 10...no?

There's a camper today. It's ... ah. Some purple horse with watery and/or sparkly black eyes. I have no idea who what is, lol, but she's eating a sandwich at 6AM. Ah...her name is 'Cleo'. Looking her up...she's a snooty. Hmm. Don't want her. (I don't mind replacing Marina...but not with Cleo.)

Just got a pear dress recipe. Learned that Coco looks adorable in a snowflake toque. Buried 10,000 Bells in glowing earthen hole. Got a potato potage recipe from Ursula, who is the chef at Mange-a-Tout, the archipelago restaurant. I do NOT like potato soup, btw...potato sucks the flavour out of everything in a soup and somehow makes it just disappear somewhere, because the flavour somehow doesn't go into the potato itself! Went back to Wodewyrd to walk around in the snow a little more since the dark skies and chill match reality right now, and I can see each flake falling in the game, then slowly melting into the brown grass...it just feels suitable, while making the surfboard area look desperately inappropriate, and reminds me of a rather foolish friend-of-the-family who started a SURF SHOP in Ontario (Ontario CANADA, to be clear! Where the galloping garnumblies did he think anyone was going to use a surfboard?? Down the Ottawa River? He wasn't even situated on one of the Great Lakes! We've got wicked white water for absolutely world-class rafting, but surfing opportunities are very limited, and on the extremely chilly side. I can't help but rant whenever I remember him uprooting his family for that little venture which failed spectacularly in short order, as everyone but him knew it would)...then quit the game again after buying a hideous blue dinosaur toy.

Not exciting, and completely pointless, but for some reason, sometimes you just want to do boring a boring routine with a few tiny surprises as your only reward.

I tried starting up Hokko Life again but I forget how to play it. Since you can turn days over whenever you want, technically you can progress almost as fast as you want to, but I wasn't that far...I had unlocked item creation via...er...Sally? And that was about it, as I was extremely frustrated by the inventory situation. I had NO SPACE. Learned that the only way around this is to literally filch a closet or other storage item from someone else's home. (You can walk in and rearrange everyone's house whenever you want...can't remember if they even need to be at home or not.)

I get that they were trying something. AC without any need to wait,a nd even less common sense than in AC. Turn a day over just by going to bed. Rearrange villagers houses any time without their permission...leave your junk if you want and take all their good stuff! I guess that can be appreciated by those who enjoy things more with no restrictions, but for me, I think it ruins it. I also hate that I can just steal everything from others rather than inventory solutions being planned into the game properly. I MAY try the game again now that I know I have no choice but to filch storage stuff from other residents, and do that right away so I don't have to desperately inventory-manage all the time and give up on needed items for even MORE necessary items. But I might as well restart since I dont' remember how to play and I don't think I was particularly far along.