Masterpost of Farming Simulation Games that aren't HM/SoS/RF

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I played Slime Rancher around when it came out, and was pretty into the slime collecting/ranching part of the game. I usually don't do well with 3D exploration like this, but I was really motivated to collect the slimes and raise them (in my mind, this scratches the same itch as farming, but you aren't really growing anything... except more slimes, I guess). I thought figuring out the pens, feeding, reproduction, collection, plort stuff, etc was pretty fun. But I agree with Kikki, the plort system really killed it for me, and I didn't play much after discovering all the areas/slimes. It sounds like they may have balanced it a bit since I've played, but I had trouble with plort values never going back up once you sold enough plorts. I had a ton of trouble with currency by the end.

I also cannot recall the story. ^_^; In my mind, it was sort of a "grandpa's farm" scenario, where you being on the ranch wasn't super-connected to the exploring, and the exploring wasn't very narrative-heavy, IIRC.

I liked it well enough to get the new Fangamer physical version of it, so I'll probably replay it sometime in the future.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Some games that have released that were in the 'tba' void: Witchy Life Story, Garden Simulator, Catizens, and Square Farm.

Also, Nintendo released a gameplay video of Mineko's Night Market, so hopefully it's nearing release.

Currently sweeping Steam for new games.

Edit: Added Wylde Flower and Ikonei Island: An Earthlock Adventure (both out now)

Edit 2: Added a colossal crapton of games in the tba section. They're at the bottom. Pleasantly surprised to find a game that actually appeals to me with 'Honeymancer'. I may have missed some games (or didn't add them on purpose because they looked low effort) but I've exhausted the 'farming sim' tab on Steam for now. Probably won't hardcore update the list again until next year.
Velvet
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I appreciate the replies! And Bluie I really appreciate your hard work to keep this list updated. :heart:

Out of curiosity I checked out mods for Slime Rancher and there's at least one mod to make prices fixed. So I guess fans can use that, in case the devs still haven't fixed the economic system. I've only encountered such a system once before, in Graveyard Keeper. Basically if you sold any of the same item, the price for it dropped after the first one and continued to dynamically drop for each next item of the same kind. I thought it'd be annoying, but it was great, it kept me from becoming incredibly rich early on by selling as much as possible (which is what usually happens in these games). But it was well-done, no complaints, prices would go back up gradually, in a matter of week or so. It also added an aspect of sales planning to the game, you had to keep a certain amount of wares stashed and sell them on a certain day and not earlier.

Right now people seem to talk about Harvestella's release, which btw is a really unimaginative title for this kind of game in my opinion. :P Apparently it was made by some famous devs and got a lot of PR. It's hailed to be similar to Rune Factory. Well, I'll wait till it gets some patches and then check out some let's plays for how good it is, which is what I normally always do. If the game is well-known, it's nice to wait and then play with all the patches and useful mods. RF5 would be quite annoying without the furniture mod that allows placing furniture next to walls and next to other furniture pieces.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Went through the upcoming games and cleaned it up a bit. Nothing trimmed yet, but a few games released and there's a handful coming out this month in particular. Haven't gone through Steam and Twitter for new titles to add yet, because it takes a crapton of my time and I've done enough for now.
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Thanks as always for the maintenance, Bluie!

---

Was wondering if anyone had heard good things about Mars Base or Harvest Yuuka for Switch? Mars Base seems kind of fun, terraforming Mars as a botanist, and a colony expansion thing. I tend to love those kind of details. But I'm increasingly turned off by collecting/crafting aspects, and I was wondering if that was an overwhelming part of the game.

Harvest Yuuka seems... kinda basic, but I'm most curious about whether it's actually translated into English??? I don't think it is, but the first screenshot shows translated menus, and it's on the English eshop, so I was hoping.
Terranigma Freak
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Paleo Pines is going into beta.... alpha... or whatever the « Snuggly Bunny » testing phase and you can sign up for it. You need to sign and NDA and be over 16 to sign up. You have to sign up with Modus Games: https://lp.constantcontactpages.com/su/uALKOOw

Modus is their publisher it seems. When you sign up to play test the game, you can also play test other games they're publishing for free. Just remember that you're only allowed to talk about the game and the issues in the Modus Discord and NOWHERE ELSE.

I got this info from their discord, so all I have is the link for the sign up.

This is Paleo Pines if anyone is curious. https://www.paleopines.com/

It's a farming game with dinosaurs.
Terranigma Freak
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Ninety
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

The game does look quite nice. Terrible trailer, though. Why'd they have to pick the most royalty free, pharmaceutical ad type music?
Awesome Cat
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote: Aug 31, 2022 2:20 am I'll be trying Potion Permit later in September. Not sure if it has farming.
Sorry if this is late. But Potion Permit isn't a farming game. The only think that is like Harvest Moon/Story of Season is the social and cozy feel part of the game. It's more of like an indie Atelier game with the social part of Harvest Moon. Where you going around make potion and heal sick people and become part of the Community. However, they did add a planting box in the PC Vision and coming to the switch soon
Ninety
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Given that Stardew Valley released in 2016, I estimate we’re roughly in the seventh year of the farming sim/RPG genre boom. It's interesting to see how tastes have shifted. Seems like a lot of the newer farming games are 3D, instead of the traditional RPG/pixel art presentation. And everyone's getting back into deep customisation options (thinking especially of Farm Folks here).
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Veil of Dust, a farming/visual novel hybrid game, got a 1.0 release at the end of March. I've been looking forward to the full release of this one, I'm thrilled it's finished! I didn't get a chance to play it this weekend, but I'm itching to try it out. It's got a lot going on - there are a few romance paths, and also some combat, gathering, and crafting elements, though I'm not sure how much of each. This one isn't on the master list, but seems like a good fit.

Another game I'm looking forward to, Roots of Pacha, the stone age farming sim, has a firm 1.0 release at the end of this month. This one is on the master list, but I figured I'd give a shout out if anyone had been eyeing or waiting on this one.
Velvet
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Awesome Cat wrote: Mar 21, 2023 6:56 am Potion Permit isn't a farming game. The only think that is like Harvest Moon/Story of Season is the social and cozy feel part of the game. It's more of like an indie Atelier game with the social part of Harvest Moon. Where you going around make potion and heal sick people and become part of the Community. However, they did add a planting box in the PC Vision and coming to the switch soon
That's weird. I've heard people criticize Potion Permit for being a farming game instead of a potion-brewing game like advertised. Which is why I initially overlooked it (too many farming games on my list already). Now I'll have to watch some LP to see for myself what it is, because I actually don't mind Atelier-like games at all; they're just as nice as farming games, but there are a lot less of them and most I know aren't remotely as in-depth as Atelier.
PaleSunflower
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

I stumbled upon a new one by accident on itch.io. The title is "Before The Green Moon", and its a sci-fi farming sim set at the base of a space elevator. The link to it is https://turnfollow.itch.io/before-the-green-moon . There are social aspects to it, but I have no idea about romance. I haven't played it myself, but I figured that I should mention it here.
Velvet
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Roots of Pacha has been released a while ago, I started playing, and so far I really like it. It feels fresh, because the prehistoric tribe setting is so unique. In fact, a lot feels fresh and unique about this game!

4 of the bachelors look quite good, too, although the other 2 look like they don't know how to shave properly, but I already edited their portraits in my game. Mod support is great, btw, and you can already find some mods at nexus. Maybe I should upload my edits, too, because apparently I'm not the only one who dislikes badly shaven men: there's already one portrait replacement mod at nexus for one of them. ;)

Homestead Arcana is released now, but I haven't played that one. I just say it because I saw it in the list of the upcoming games here. Apparently it's about a female witch with a cat familiar who creates spells using the farming ingredients?
Meowie
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

There's so many upcoming games! :lol: I feel as if so many are already in early access right now and some are very close to being completed. Long gone the days where I would see solo fan projects appearing on this website.

The games I'm looking forward to play this summer:
Roots of Pacha - Full release happened, and everyone is giving positive reviews about it so definitely going to try it out and the concept itself is unique enough to catch me in.
Coral Island - Looks like a standard farming game with LOTS of characters but from what I've heard they're giving each character equal importance so that's nice considering there are like 30 candidates lol. The game is only like 30% complete though so I don't think I'll giving this much attention.
My Time At Sandrock - Just 2 or 3 updates away from being completed apparently with a console release this Summer and since I loved Portia.. I'm going to give this one a chance as well.
Sunnyside - The devs confirmed they're nearing completion and this game has been on my eyes since the very start.

I wish there were more complete farming sims but I'm happy atleast there are some in works atm! Hopefully all of them are completed. The last farm sim I played was Harvestella I think and I'm really craving for some farm sims right now! SoS:AWL is in a month, and Natsume's HM is dropping later this summer too! What a nice time to be a fan of farm life sim.