Backlog 2023

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I think I mentioned that I've been wanting to try out a high(er)-end game on Steam Deck. Getting FFVIIR Intergrade is a good option, but...I think Planet Zoo might be a better one. It's a game I forgot about because I thought I'd never get to play it, as it's too demanding to ever come to the Switch. (It might even be too demanding for PS4.) But it has a bit of nature (mostly animals, but there'd be some dealing in plants, too) and building, and it's a tycoon type where you're out to manage various systems in order to make money.

It's complete...though they continue to add more content, largely in the form of DLC packs like the wetlands pack or the Europe pack that have different sets of animals and habitats in them...and it's got tens of thousands of reviews that work out to an 'overwhelmingly positive' response. And being a game that I can't get anywhere BUT Steam, I have no reason to waffle about getting that version, if I decide I want it.

Honestly, if I can just get into the habit of using my Steam Deck more, PC is so, so much better for game longevity. Your Steam games are yours forever and they carry over to pretty much every device you can ever install Steam on, so even if your Steam Deck someday stops working, you don't lose access to the games (except temporarily, until you have another game-worthy PC, laptop or console.)

I've rearranged my Steam wishlist to put a half dozen fully-released, Deck-compatible games at the top. My baby sis would probably LOVE Planet Zoo (she's an animal maniac) and my other sis would probably love the tycoon-type elements. (She's an accountant...the hoity-toity type with the full university degree...and good with money and investments, and she likes building and resource management.) Seems like a good one to have. Am still letting all my options stew a while, though. I spent $20 of my $80 game budget in January, and I've no purchases at all lined up in February, so I can definitely fit a higher-end Steam game in, once I decide on one.

Also strongly considering Potionomics and No Man's Sky. And Harvestella. It may end up coming down to whichever one goes on sale first.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Just finished Fire Emblem Engage. Credits just finished rolling. Overall it's a good game, the gameplay is good, some characters are great, the voice actors did fantastic, and even with all the Shonen cheese the story had its moments. I am very disappointed with one thing though, because it feels as if I wasted my time. There's no paired endings outside whoever Alear marries. So, all that support grinding, while beneficial in battle, was all for nothing in my eyes. I adore paired endings in this series, they're great replay value too. Three Houses had some fantastic ones, hell, I even wrote a whole 10 chapter fanfic based on one of them! Engage instead has set endings like Echoes, and in the latter it makes sense because it's a NES remake, but here there was no reason not to. It's just such a bummer. I did like the paired ending with Pandreo, but I just can't get over the fact that they cheaped out on the whole cast like this. There's also no new game plus??? The hell?

Welp, regardless, it's done. I'll replay it again as male Alear once all of the DLC releases. As for what game I'll move onto next, well, up in the air. I used the Nintendo vouchers to get Xenoblade 3 and Live a Live, plus I still have Ace Attorney Chroincles. I'm going to avoid playing on the PS5 until this storm blows over.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote: Jan 31, 2023 5:13 am For you~
Spoiler:
Oh yeah, those floating slimes got me too! They seem to get a lot of people. There's another group of random slimes that are usually missed (even in video guides) that spawn when you approach a cluster of umbrellas just outside of the Liyue inn. Kill them all and poof, chest. I'm familiar with Loika! She's on Twitter too and he art makes it's round on my feed fairly often. Very nice style, lovely to see the Wanderer in more dynamic styles.
Ahaha that's adorable. :lol: Poor Tighnari.

I need to remember to go check the umbrellas outside the inn! I've run around them a bunch collecting flowers but there's a good chance that I missed that one too. Got another one tonight that I just lucked into. The big orange crystals up on Mt Hulao... All the ones I've broken open before just had animals in them. About three in a row tonight had chests, also not picked up by the treasure tracker.

--
Still more Genshin... probably all I'll be playing until I get art socials officially set up. (Tumblr why must you be the way you are... ) The new combat event is pretty okay. Could have sworn that was something like the parrying event from whenever ago. Huh. Works for me, aside from cutscenes it's way faster this way.

Got another area stuck at 98% exploration now... I have a feeling that'll be my curse for a while. Eventually I'll stop caring, 98% is basically close enough. Everywhere in the 80s or below, though, I need to focus down. That's a lot of primos just sitting around not being gamba'd. I had to cut myself off from exploration at some point, but there was an area in Liyue where I could see three chests from a high point. Clearly I've been neglecting exploration.

Hope everybody is staying warm this week! Awful weather pretty much everywhere. :?
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ugh, back to work today. I'm mildly excited to see my coworkers again, but with the storm, everything had to be thrown out the past few days, so I'm going to be extremely busy today. Yay. At least the day will go by fast? In theory???

Anyways, gaming. I started Great Ace Attorney Chronicles and did all of episode one. I was staring at all my backlog and decided I didn't want another JRPG so soon, so visual noveling it is. IDK if I was just tired or what, but it was kinda exhausting to play? I'll admit I toggled the story mode on more than once to get an answer because I didn't care to fumble through menus and extra dialog. Kinda glad the option is there tbh, because I can be extremely dimwitted when a game asks me to solve a puzzle or put strings of logic together. Sometimes I'll do it myself, I CAN figure it out if I want to, but most of the time I'd rather just pull up a walkthrough. Regardless, I'll chip away at it for the next few weeks. I'll probably aim to get one episode done per day off and fill the rest of my day with Genshin or FFXIV.

Speaking of Genshin- *internal screaming*

It's going to take me a solid month to finish crowing Wanderer. This is only if the damn boss consistently drops the proper mats and/or enough Dream Solvent to change the ones I don't need. I fight all the trounce bosses weekly, even the one I don't need mats for, just for a chance at more Dream Solvent. I quite literally have enough Azhdaha parts to triple crown Kazuha immediately, but it's all the wrong mats, so I'd need an insane amount of solvent. He has not dropped ONE Gilded Scale in all my times facing him. I wanna scream. Then I have both Tighnari and Nilou fighting over Raiden Shogun mats, Albedo and Xinyan over the Childe mats, and now Yaoyao takes Scara mats along with Wanderer. *Sigh* at the very least, none of the fights are overly challenging at level 90. I do multiplayer for Shogun and Signora because their slow af on your own (unless you're a crazy whale with broken af teams), but the rest are easy enough on your own (plus, you're forced to do Dvalin alone and Boreas is a pain to multi - easier to just do yourself). I used to do Scara on multi, but I've got him down to a science now so it's fine. Childe is still the easiest though. I remember how much I used to struggle with him in ye olden days, but now he's easy, even with my aoe « Male Cow Poopoo » playstyle:
Spoiler:
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Humble is running an indie sim game bundle that if anybody on here hasn't played these games, it's a pretty good deal. Yonder: Cloud Catcher Chronicles, Lake, Townscaper, Garden Paws, Summer in Mara, Staxel & Luna's Fishing Garden for 10 USD.

Undecided on if I'll get it...tempting for sure, but considering I haven't played anything from my backlog this year. :?

Speaking of not doing anything in my backlog...Genshin tonight! Dailies, and tldr explored a bit in Sumeru around the event area...and found out there are quests I haven't done to unlock an underground area with a couple of chests. /facepalm It has to be a collaborative effort to find everything, I swear. I find MOST things, but if I'm too busy or forget or get distracted and the game doesn't remind me in any way, I'm gonna forget. I'm real bad about that.

So I consulted the Wiki and ran around a bit to get the quests I needed done and unlock the cave. Boy I wish there was a full log of completed quests. I know it exists in the bounties area, but... it's not comprehensive. :| HM.

Probably gonna try to get myself to do Abyss tomorrow. At least floors 9 and 10. It's an extra chore, but it's hard to say no to minimum 300 extra primos every reset. It adds up.
Code_Name_Geek
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote: Feb 01, 2023 5:44 pm I think I mentioned that I've been wanting to try out a high(er)-end game on Steam Deck. Getting FFVIIR Intergrade is a good option, but...I think Planet Zoo might be a better one. It's a game I forgot about because I thought I'd never get to play it, as it's too demanding to ever come to the Switch. (It might even be too demanding for PS4.) But it has a bit of nature (mostly animals, but there'd be some dealing in plants, too) and building, and it's a tycoon type where you're out to manage various systems in order to make money.

It's complete...though they continue to add more content, largely in the form of DLC packs like the wetlands pack or the Europe pack that have different sets of animals and habitats in them...and it's got tens of thousands of reviews that work out to an 'overwhelmingly positive' response. And being a game that I can't get anywhere BUT Steam, I have no reason to waffle about getting that version, if I decide I want it.
Speaking as someone who has had Planet Zoo on their wishlist for quite a while, it often goes on sale for 12-15$ CAD so keep an eye out for that if you're interested in it. :)

~

I did end up starting Slime Rancher and I had a bit of trouble getting started but now that I've gotten into it I've been really enjoying it. I think it's one of the most unique game concepts I've experienced recently, and the atmosphere of the game is really intriguing. I've already completed the main story in it, but there's still some stuff I want to do before moving on to something else. Counting that, I've played four new games in January, although one was a multiplayer game that I haven't made any progress in other than the one session I played with some others. Still, if I can keep it up that's pretty good progress considering that I only started 15 new games total in 2022!

It has also been announced that Love Live: School Idol Festival, is shutting down soon so I've been playing that again. I didn't play it as long as some people but it helped me through a hard time so it's sad to see it go. I'm hoping to finish the main story, clear all the main songs, and max bond the rest of the cards I currently have. I don't usually count continuing mobile games for the backlog but since this one now has a finite end I'm making an exception this time.

I haven't made any more progress in Pokémon Violet, but I'm still determined to get back to that one before too much time has passed. I'm also thinking of trying to play something on GBA, since a smaller handheld might be more manageable for me than the Switch atm. I recently acquired a copy of Hamtaro: Rainbow Rescue, which was a European-only release that I was never able to get as a kid, so that might be a good choice for something to play next.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Code_Name_Geek wrote: Feb 03, 2023 9:20 pm Speaking as someone who has had Planet Zoo on their wishlist for quite a while, it often goes on sale for 12-15$ CAD so keep an eye out for that if you're interested in it. :)
Yeah, I've been waiting on a sale. I've now gone entirely through my 84-item wishlist (And I need to add more, lol...I keep forgetting to add Switch-wishlist games that are also available on Steam). Planet Zoo, Harvestella and No Man's Sky are currently my top choices for higher-end games to try on Steam Deck. Took Potionomics off as an option as it's fairly low-spec...lower than NMS. PLUS it's stressy, as it's not described this way, but it's partly a time-management game, since you have to achieve your goals under a time crunch every time, as far as I can tell from the reviews. (Deadlines are always stressy.) I don't need a game that's gonna stress me out, thanks. Looks really cool in a lot of ways, but the minute a game gives me stress is the minute I dump it.

I'll probably end up getting the one that goes on sale first, of those three. I could add P5R but I've played P5 and I'd rather have something entirely new, which is why Intergrade isn't in the top 3 (though I haven't played the added bits...I also don't care about Yuffie so the added bits aren't an attraction anyway.) Though Intergrade would be a good one to test out my new monitor's higher resolution. If it goes on a great sale it'll sneak into the top list. Planet Zoo, FFVIIR Intergrade and Harvestella are the best games on my Steam wishlist to test out how Steam Deck behaves with more demanding games.

So, just waiting on sales, at this point, to make my decision for me. Watch them all go on sale at once, lol. Then I have to do my own decisioning again! (Wait...the internet is trying to pass 'decisioning' off as a real word?? I was just being goofy!)

Got through the wedding in Trio. Finally into summer. Thank goodness...I really dislike spring music in Trio. Plus I prefer the summer colours on the farm. I've got the Maiden with Shield now and the fertilizer tank thing so my crops' quality is improving a lot faster, now...could easily be winning Legendary, though most of the crops I have at 5 stars only have 2 or 3 stats instead of the full 4, and you can't win on Legendary with any crop that doesn't have the full 4 stats, as far as I know. That eliminates pretty much all crops but fruit and veg. No flowers, no fibres, no mushrooms, etc. Good thing ANY festival win will raise your brand! Even winning Beginner 4 times will take you to maximum brand, afaik.

It's crazy cold today. It's -35C WITHOUT any wind chill. Thankfully the wind is low atm, so with wind chill it's not a huge change...-38C. If the wind picks up, we're in trouble! -35C = -31F, btw. C-O-L-D. Now that I knot up extra in the cold, I have more reason than ever not to go out into winter weather. So glad it didn't snow much! I couldn't have handled snow-removal today. Glad there's such a huge pile of snow insulating my perennials, though. They should be safe, even from these temps, under four feet of snow and a layer of soil bags. (And one layer of hibernal cloth.)
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I've been really low energy the past few weeks, I think my chronic illness is getting worse again. >_<; But I have a long weekend coming up, and I switched to some shorter games this week, which has helped my mood. Feels good to finish things when I'm sick.

I beat the second Taiko no Tatsujin Rhythmic Adventure game on Sunday! I really wasn't vibing with this one for some reason. Wasn't as much a fan of the music, and while I'd read the party system was more advanced, I found that I kept the same party from the first area through the whole game. I never really found a comparable skillset/stat ratio that was as good. I even switched one party member out near the end, figuring the stats would be comparable if I leveled her up. For some reason, no! I also got really mad when I realized there was a level cap, and I hit it at the beginning of the 6th area. There is no reason to fight random battles after that. It also meant that the final boss was an absolute nightmare (having my damage capped early), when I'd been cruising along pretty well on normal mode. I couldn't do enough damage without significantly high combos, and that boss had a move that made reading/memorizing the rhythm pattern near impossible. I probably reloaded it for about three hours, which was what it took me to beat the entire rest of the game. -_-; I even tried on easy, but had the same problem. I didn't play as much of Taiko mode in this one, as I was having problems with claw hand even on normal difficulty on the Switch Lite.

I also beat To the Moon! I really liked the story, but it was definitely my jam. I knew it was sentimental, and I told my partner it would probably make me cry, even knowing that going in. It did!

I started Temtem, and oh my « Harvest Goddess » was the Switch version buggy. Which I'm used to at this point! I'm okay with reloading the game after a couple hours, I know things will be buggy. But this froze really hard on the first battle, which happened five minutes into the game. I full rebooted the Switch, a bit troubled that it happened so soon after starting the game. It froze and crashed a lot. Maybe 4-5 times in the two hours I played. It auto-saves your progress, and will even load you into the random encounter you crashed in, which is fine. I was playing cross-platform co-op with my partner, which... might have been part of it? He was furious, which is why we only played a couple hours. Online reports swing wildly between folks saying Switch never crashes, ever, and crash reports are greatly exaggerated and Your Fault, and folks like me that say the game is unplayable. Oddly, they released a patch this week that says they overhauled the memory access on the Switch version, and that should solve the problems. So... good! I'm playing more this weekend, so I'll see.

It's pretty fun. My partner commented it would have been better before Pokemon S/V came out, and he's kinda right. The co-op is a big plus, and I like the battle system. But the exploring parts of S/V are Really Good, and it's hard not to compare them. ^_^; Temtem is isometric though, which is a lot easier for me to play.
midnighttherabbit
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Finally finished the main story of RF5! I enjoyed the second to last boss a lot, but the actual final boss was horrible... not particularly hard, just disorienting and time consuming. The only think that really gave me trouble in the final dungeon was that one ghost that instantly killed you.

Originally, I was going to keep playing until marriage but I don't really feel like doing that anymore, I might dip in and out of the game in the future but for now I'm just going to count it as complete. I have tons of deadlines over the next few weeks so starting a new game isn't a good idea either lol, so I guess I'll be in limbo for a little while.
Roinda

Post  Posted:

Did some sorting out in my room on Wednesday, I’m getting rid of my two Xboxes as they’re just not being played. I’ve decided to keep the Wii U though, along with the PS 2 and 4. Bought an OLED the other week so I’ve currently got three Switches but I’m going to give the Light to a friend of mine. I found out this morning that an OLED can fit in the dock of the Original Switch so that’s where mine currently is. It’s good because I was wondering where I would put a second dock but now I don’t have to worry.

Not much progress on my backlog this week, just been playing the usual. Haven’t touched Harvestella yet, nor the TMNT: The Cowabunga Collection that I ordered a few weeks ago so I need to get on to that, I also bought the Asterix and Obelisk XXl collection for the Switch, looking forward to playing that too.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Bought Alchemy Story. Eloise Laroche is someone whose posted about her game on Fogu before, and she's also a fellow Canadian (Quebecois), which is why the game is on 75% off right now...they're having a mini-event (Games from Quebec...participating games are all on sale atm.) It's very cute in a style that's not actually very 'me', but it's also interestingly different from most other cute styles and I like that it's by someone I've spoken to (online) and who is from somewhere across the river. :)

No idea if I'll like it, but it was $5.49. It can't be my high-spec tester game, though!
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Genshin, I just wanted one more Yaoyao. Why did you give me another Alhaitham at 30 pity. I have zero plans to build this man until I see how Baizhu works. Yaoyao+Nilou is fun, Alhaitham in the mix is probably even moreso, but I have husbando priorities. I've been waiting over 2 years for my herb snake man and I will main the hell out of him. Also, IM « Snuggly Bunny » BROKE LMAO. I decided to build Lisa because the game wont stop giving her to me (plus, the new outfit is cute, sue me), and all my Mora is g o n e. I got her to level 80 before I had to tap out. Is this what an endgame player feels like lol??? I should probably bump up my desert exploration plans so I can have money again. My resin is too valuable right now to be hitting the money veins, but I guess that will be my aim eventually. *Siiiiiiighhhh* just around a month until Baizhu official playable reveal if the leaks are to be believed. I have been living off the leaks reddit and pure copium for far too long, Hoyo.
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Spoiler:
Currently playing:

Pokemon Violet (Switch)
Grammarian Ltd. (Switch)

Recently beat:

Pokemon Violet (Switch) (main story)
I'm really close to finishing the Pokedex in Pokemon Violet. But, I might switch to playing Kirby's Forgotten Land (on the Nintendo Switch) or Persona 5 Royal (also on the Switch), because I only have a month or so before Fatal Frame 4: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse releases for the Nintendo Switch in America on March 9, 2023 (I think digital only for the US), and I really want to make some progress in other games before that.

I'm also planning on getting Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe (on the Switch) on February 24, 2023, and Digimon World: Next Order on February 22, 2022 as well. I also made a pre-order on Xseed Games' store for Story of Seasons: A Wonderful Life.

Also, I started a demo for an Otome game on the Switch. It's kind of interesting so far. It's called The Flower That Divides: Lunar Coupling.

And, I played more Growing Up on Steam. I finished my second and third playthroughs. And, I'm on my fourth playthrough.
Spoiler:
Add on:

Games Bought: (on Switch) + 17

Game Beat: (on switch) -1
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote: Feb 05, 2023 4:09 am Genshin, I just wanted one more Yaoyao. Why did you give me another Alhaitham at 30 pity. I have zero plans to build this man until I see how Baizhu works. Yaoyao+Nilou is fun, Alhaitham in the mix is probably even moreso, but I have husbando priorities. I've been waiting over 2 years for my herb snake man and I will main the hell out of him. Also, IM « Snuggly Bunny » BROKE LMAO. I decided to build Lisa because the game wont stop giving her to me (plus, the new outfit is cute, sue me), and all my Mora is g o n e. I got her to level 80 before I had to tap out. Is this what an endgame player feels like lol??? I should probably bump up my desert exploration plans so I can have money again. My resin is too valuable right now to be hitting the money veins, but I guess that will be my aim eventually. *Siiiiiiighhhh* just around a month until Baizhu official playable reveal if the leaks are to be believed. I have been living off the leaks reddit and pure copium for far too long, Hoyo.
Oh no, desire sensor strikes again. I guess at least you're already set to get Baizhu no matter what when he comes out. :)

As to your mora problem... how full on artifacts are you? Since I started having trouble keeping mine below the cap I've been destroying 1-3 stars for money, and it's...a lot, actually. 5 stars can't be destroyed, so it's probably the best money source I've found in the game.

--
And in today's Genshin play time I did learn something that made me feel stupid. Wouldn't call it good game design, but it's a failsafe. When you pull up the map, in the bottom right corner it'll tell you where you are + an exploration percentage. I've never played around with it before, and apparently it does track exactly where you are vs what the game deems to be its "area" bounds, and will tick over even in mid flight.

That'll make it slightly easier to find chests I've missed. Slightly.

Edit: Mondstadt is DONE! And I was only missing hidden chests. They certainly do reward odd things in this game. Lighting a hard to see, out of the way bonfire?! Please!
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Mikodesu wrote: Feb 05, 2023 9:27 amOh no, desire sensor strikes again. I guess at least you're already set to get Baizhu no matter what when he comes out. :)

As to your mora problem... how full on artifacts are you? Since I started having trouble keeping mine below the cap I've been destroying 1-3 stars for money, and it's...a lot, actually. 5 stars can't be destroyed, so it's probably the best money source I've found in the game.

--
And in today's Genshin play time I did learn something that made me feel stupid. Wouldn't call it good game design, but it's a failsafe. When you pull up the map, in the bottom right corner it'll tell you where you are + an exploration percentage. I've never played around with it before, and apparently it does track exactly where you are vs what the game deems to be its "area" bounds, and will tick over even in mid flight.

That'll make it slightly easier to find chests I've missed. Slightly.

Edit: Mondstadt is DONE! And I was only missing hidden chests. They certainly do reward odd things in this game. Lighting a hard to see, out of the way bonfire?! Please!
Yeahhh, gosh darned desire sensor is so out of whack. I've joked with a friend before that my account is probably super desirable for meta players, but I'm just a fave player who has really strange luck. Like, I spent 0 dollars on a ton of 5 stars that just fell into my lap, but as for the characters I actively wanted? I had to whip out the credit card almost every time (one exception was Wanderer that came home on pull 20, which still blows my mind). Which is why I'm so glad I have Baizhu guaranteed. I aint playing around no more, game. You WILL give him to me!

And I'll keep that in mind for my mora issues. I could've sworn there was a way to get extra mora from inventory destruction, but I tried it out on everything BUT artifacts, because I am legitimately using all of them for leveling up artifacts right now. I'm definitely behind on the artifact grind as I've been so focused on talents with my resin. Some of my characters STILL have duo purple sets and I'm slowly working on getting those replaced. Honestly, if they offered a pack of like 10 fragile resin a month to just buy, I'd probably eat that « Cow Poopoo » up. I NEVER have enough.

Congrats on finishing up Mondstadt! Once you finish up Liyue, the weird hidden chests go down exponentially in the other regions. I can't even remember one that wasn't tied to something I figured out naturally or was tied to a mechanic that was recently introduced. It's just the time gating in Inazuma you need to keep in mind (unless you've already fully unlocked all the islands by doing their respective questlines) and the long quests in Sumeru that lock certain regions of the map until you have the prerequisites fulfilled.

---

Got through chapter 2 of Great Ace Attorney, and I liked it so much I think I'll do episode 3 too! The translation is kind've a bit off and the writing tone deaf in places, but it's enjoyable enough that I'd like to keep at it for a little longer today.