Anyone Still Currently Playing?

A Nintendo Switch/PC/Ps4/XBox remake of the 2003 Gameboy Advance games HM: Friends of Mineral Town and HM: More Friends of Mineral Town. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Oct 2019. NA release = Jul 2020. EU release = Jul 2020.
StormFire
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Just like the subject is asking. I took a long break from the game after finally getting married to Gray, and I just recently picked the game back up to upgrade all the farm buildings and get all animals to 10 hearts and such. Just had a daughter and named her Clara (since one of the protagonist’s name is Claire I thought it’d be cute.) I played the original MFOMT and I think I enjoy the remake slightly more, I just wish there were sprinklers like in PooT, lol. :lol: Where are you currently at in your playthrough?
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

I started the game last year but haven’t made much progress because I’ve been playing other games. I need to pick it back up! I was having a hard time deciding which Mineral Town boy to marry because they’re all likable.
StormFire
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

FarmingForDaysMan wrote: Feb 04, 2023 5:37 pm I started the game last year but haven’t made much progress because I’ve been playing other games. I need to pick it back up! I was having a hard time deciding which Mineral Town boy to marry because they’re all likable.
That was me too! I married Gray because he was the one I had married in More Friends of Mineral Town, but once I make a second profile I plan on going for Brandon, Rick or Huang lol. It’s so hard to choose! I hope you can get back into it soon! I found it slow at first but once I started hiring the nature sprites to water my crops for me I was able to focus on other things like giving gifts.
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Haha yeahhhhh watering crops really does take up most of your day. I had been working on cleaning up my land so I could plant crops, and I kept running back and forth between my farm and the hot springs :lol: I think I’m leaning more towards either the doctor or Gray. Or Rick.
StormFire
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

So I just got into my 3rd year, and after having a child I’m suddenly feeling like there’s not much left to do in the game. :shock: I’ve been selling Van’s Favorite to try getting the remote control and the Villa, but does anyone else know of more things to do late-game? Or faster ways to get more money? Tempted to start my 2nd profile now :lol:
Mabbie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I play it ocasionally. I'm on year 5, married to Cliff and have a girl named Brianna. Currently, I'm trying to win MooMoo Festivals with my cows in order to complete the shipping list and cooking list. I still have to achieve some trophies, but I don't have much more to do. I only plant the most profitable crop of the season, and spend my days fishing... maybe I'll be able to buy the Town Villa someday.
mysterionz
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Is SoS:FoMT worth the play? Looks like everyone here is having fun with it ^^
StormFire
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

mysterionz wrote: Feb 06, 2023 10:38 am Is SoS:FoMT worth the play? Looks like everyone here is having fun with it ^^

I’ve been enjoying the game for the most part, yes! They added rabbits and some animals/things that weren’t in the original, so for me that was cool. It’s just late game is where things kind of slow down and you have to find goals or things to do like buying the expensive villa, or like Mabbie said, completing the lists and trophies. That’s basically where I’m at now that my child is at the “full grown” stage.
Mabbie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I like it a lot! I think it was way easier to accomplish things than the original version, but still really fun to play. A big part of the fun is because of the nostalgic feelings :lala:
Rose Petals
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I bought it the day it came out here. Played it on and off frequently ever since. On my first save, I married Karen, but recently I have started making more saved, so I can eventually have saves married to all the OG girls. My first HM game was FoMT, so I have a slight fondness more towards the OG girls. I did play quite a bit of MFoMT, but I didn't really like the choice of the boys. Only ones I liked was Gray and Won (now Huang.) I will probably marry those two eventually.

My sig has my current progress with those saves. I'm yet to update the info on the third one with the progress from my last play session of the game.
StormFire
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Rose Petals wrote: Feb 10, 2023 8:02 am I bought it the day it came out here. Played it on and off frequently ever since. On my first save, I married Karen, but recently I have started making more saved, so I can eventually have saves married to all the OG girls. My first HM game was FoMT, so I have a slight fondness more towards the OG girls. I did play quite a bit of MFoMT, but I didn't really like the choice of the boys. Only ones I liked was Gray and Won (now Huang.) I will probably marry those two eventually.

My sig has my current progress with those saves. I'm yet to update the info on the third one with the progress from my last play session of the game.
That’s my plan, too. I want to marry everyone eventually, but I played Back to Nature for Girls and MFOMT first, so Gray was and always has been my first choice. Though I have to say I’ve certainly gotten further in the remake than I ever did in the original. My goal now like I said a few posts above is the get the villa, but now I’m replaying AnWL and AWL:SE in honor of the remake coming out in a few months, so we will see how long it takes. :lol:
Rose Petals
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

StormFire wrote: Feb 10, 2023 8:45 pmThat’s my plan, too. I want to marry everyone eventually, but I played Back to Nature for Girls and MFOMT first, so Gray was and always has been my first choice. Though I have to say I’ve certainly gotten further in the remake than I ever did in the original. My goal now like I said a few posts above is the get the villa, but now I’m replaying AnWL and AWL:SE in honor of the remake coming out in a few months, so we will see how long it takes. :lol:
Same. I've gotten so much further on this remake than the original. On the original, I never had blessed tool, completed recipe book, made it to the bottom of both mines, the travel stone, plus the seaside and town villas. But in the remake, I can have all those things in every save.
Thomaster
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I still play from time to time! I only ever work on farm-related stuff rather than trying to woo one of the villagers, because we have yet to get my dream of having a Thomas marriage candidate DLC or something, lol! It’s definitely not something I play every day like I used to, that spot is reserved for Harvest Moon DS, but I’d say my playthrough is still far from over! :heart:
Schmidt
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Hello,

I still play it from time to time, but I enjoy these little moments during my games.
Chelle
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Thomaster wrote: Feb 11, 2023 8:28 pm I still play from time to time! I only ever work on farm-related stuff rather than trying to woo one of the villagers, because we have yet to get my dream of having a Thomas marriage candidate DLC or something, lol! It’s definitely not something I play every day like I used to, that spot is reserved for Harvest Moon DS, but I’d say my playthrough is still far from over! :heart:
Sadly, I can’t see Thomas becoming a bachelor ever. How cool it would be though if someone modded him into a game, replacing a current bachelor and changing their dialog! I really like the idea of that :P