Animal Parade: if you could set up some alternative couples

SNES, HM64, BTN, STH, A Wonderful Life, Another Wonderful Life, AWL:SE, Magical Melody, Puzzle de HM, Tree of Tranquility, Animal Parade, Frantic Farming, Hero of Leaf Valley, My Little Shop, Seeds of Memories, Lil' Farmers, Light of Hope, Popolocrois: SoS, and Doraemon: SoS.
Velvet
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I'm not a big fan of some of the default couples in the game. If you're like me, whom would you set up with whom and why? And why do you dislike the default couples?

I've never understood Chase X Maya. Sure she likes to eat his food, but everyone else does, too. Maya is the worst character in HM franchise, imo, she literally only has one character trait and never talks about anything but food. She feels mentally challenged. Not that that's bad, but if you want to create a mentally challenged character in a game, that's a wrong way to do it...

I'm not sure whom I see Chase with. Maybe Candace or the Witch. I say Candace because Chase is a bit shy and a really nice guy, especially in ToT, and I feel like he'd be great for a vulnerable girl like her. Seriously, when I played ToT Chase was the only bachelor who actually wished me Happy New Year. //glances at the likes of Julius who had a toast to his 'beautiful self' instead, no kidding// As for the Witch, haha, she's so fiery herself, Chase is no match for her in a fight! And I feel like she'd be able to introduce him to quite a few new cooking ingredients, like the bat wings... ;)

Candace X Julius. I dunno, I think Julius would NOT want to marry a girl who wears old clothing. He'd want to change that, at least after the marriage, and if she wouldn't, then there'd be a lot of fighting and an eventual divorce. It's nice that they share a hobby, but imo Candace would always feel inadequate with Julius, he needs a more self-confident girl. I feel like Julius X Luna are a great match, they even love the same gifts. As for Candace, Chase or Gill sound great for her.

I never understood how Selena X Luke work, either. Selena is so self-absorbed that she wouldn't give someone like Luke a time of day. I feel like she'd want to date only a rich classy guy like Gill. I can't say who else I see her with, so I guess it's Gill. Maybe the Harvest King, she's be interested in him just for being a King, but he's a spirit and I doubt that he has any money?.. So maybe she'd be interested, but only in a fling with him.

Owen is a drunkard and I really think Kathy could do better. Calvin has that Wild West vibe, just like her. But then who is Phoebe left with, if not Calvin? Oh right, I know, Owen should hook up with Maya! Since Maya is a badly written character and Owen is a drunkard, I don't care about them, but they could be happy together for all I care ;)

The Wizard X The Witch, hands down! Both are apparently immortal and lonely, they should hook up and be content. I think they compliment each other greatly, as well. One is quiet and has depth, another fiery and confident. One shares wise observations that another isn't capable of, and another gives him back some of their confidence.
Burning Spear
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Velvet wrote:Candace X Julius. I dunno, I think Julius would NOT want to marry a girl who wears old clothing. ...
Careful what you say about Candace. She's mine. =>)
Velvet
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Burning Spear wrote:Careful what you say about Candace. She's mine. =>)
I LOVE Candace! So much that I've modded the game to play her as the main character. I just voice an opinion that I think Julius would have once he finally loses his patience... ;)
RodCopper Fishin
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I always thought Candace and Luna should switch husbands. They’re each more suited to be with their brother in laws than their husbands imo
bhg
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Candace/Jin
Luna/Chase
Kathy/Luke
Selena/Calvin
Maya/Toby
Phoebe/Owen
Anissa/Julius
Vivi/Gale
Chelle-fish
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Velvet wrote: Jun 06, 2021 2:26 pm Candace X Julius. I dunno, I think Julius would NOT want to marry a girl who wears old clothing. He'd want to change that, at least after the marriage, and if she wouldn't, then there'd be a lot of fighting and an eventual divorce. It's nice that they share a hobby, but imo Candace would always feel inadequate with Julius, he needs a more self-confident girl. I feel like Julius X Luna are a great match, they even love the same gifts. As for Candace, Chase or Gill sound great for her.
I have to disagree with this, I think they are well suited. I feel like Julius would be annoyed with someone out-fabulous-ing himself and Candace works well because she is reserved and would rather be the hidden partner of the couple, letting him shine in front of others. Plus ofcourse the shared interest in fashion. I feel like they’d compliment each other.
I feel Luna would annoy Julius by competing visual.

And outRAGEOUS, Owen isn’t a drunk, how dare you talk about my boiled egg loving husband like that! :P
Chelle-fish
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I think Toby and Maya would be a good match. I feel like Toby would have a lot of patience for Maya compared to Chase. And maybe she’d develop and fondness for fish as food, hopefully Toby is a good cook though…

P.S
Apologies for the double post, registration issues so can’t edit the comment.
dhibecake
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I agree with Maya being really a one dimensional character. Sometimes, she's really cute though.

Personally, I kind of like the Luke/Selena dynamic. It's really cute to me seeing Luke being turned into a shy guy in her presence, but unfortunately for Selena I always marry Luke...but I'm playing through AP as an adult now and I'm suddenly liking Chase more than I ever did. As a teen, I hated Chase lol. But anyway, I mostly like Luke's and Selena's chemistry because it reminds me of my own relationship dynamics. :twisted:

Jin+Anissa : Literally the perfect couple. I love those two so much!! Anissa is one of the prettiest bachelorettes to date!
Maya+Chase: I would probably just pair Chase with Kathy because it's fun thinking of their coworker dynamic/shenanigans.
Kathy+Owen: Kinda feels a little tragic. Like strapping young girl gets hitched with a kinda machismo, overbearing boyfriend. I never liked that letter Owen sends to the player character! So possessive! Owen could be good with like...idk a therapist.
Luke+Selena: Good in my book! Lucy is the cutest rival kid for sure. :heart:
Luna+Gill: kinda feels like a beard situation imo. Not my favorite...it's ok!
Candance+Julius: I like them together, but if Candance had more of a personality like Selena mixed with Luna, I think it would be even cuter.
Phoebe+Calvin: Cool in my book
Toby+Renee: I can see why they like each other, and they are cute together but I think Toby and Luna or Toby and Selena would be kind of hilarious to see, maybe even cute.