Bumping into things?

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
Thomaster
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

This is probably such a silly question, but I can’t find any information on it. As a kid, I would always run around inside my house in Harvest Moon DS when I got bored. I remember sometimes, my character would hit the wall or a piece of furniture while I was running, and the little anime flash of the character’s face would come onscreen, followed by a small dialogue of him saying “Ow…” indicating he actually bumped into the wall.

Has anyone else experienced this, or was my silly child brain just making things up? I know my memory often gets really distorted but this happened a couple times, so it can’t just be my memory, right? If it is a thing, I certainly haven’t seen anyone else online talk about it. I can’t seem to get the event to trigger again, so if anyone else has experienced this and knows how to trigger it, let me know! :lala:
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

YES and I used to do it on purpose. All. The. Time. I was very abusive to poor ol’ Pete.

And speaking of running I always had this habit of running around the two trees in front of the beach while waiting for a festival to begin. I’d make infinite infinity signs around those trees for in-game HOURS :lol:
Terdin
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Yep. Got that "Ouch!" scene, most often when going to open the fridge. I think it was added for a bit of realism as minor accidents do happen even when the furniture is old and familiar.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I curiously got this scene trying to open the fridge after reading this thread.
Chelle
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Ohh I remember this happening to me too, and I was so confused, think it happened when opening the fridge too. :D
Mabbie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Now that you mentioned it, I have some vague memories of this happening to me. I never payed too much attention to it. lol
LoriPadilla
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Thomaster wrote: Mar 18, 2023 7:29 pm This is probably such a silly question, but I can’t find any information on it. As a kid, I would always run around inside my house in Harvest Moon DS when I got bored. I remember sometimes, my character would hit the wall or a piece of furniture while I was running, and the little anime flash of the character’s face would come onscreen, followed by a small dialogue of him saying “Ow…” indicating he actually bumped into the wall.

Has anyone else experienced this, or was my silly child brain just making things up? I know my memory often gets really distorted but this happened a couple times, so it can’t just be my memory, right? If it is a thing, I certainly haven’t seen anyone else online talk about it. I can’t seem to get the event to trigger again, so if anyone else has experienced this and knows how to trigger it, let me know! :lala:
Pokud jste fanouškem Dragon Ball, rozhodně nemůžete ignorovat Power Warriors 16.5 Mod APK. Hra je dostupná na webu Getmodnow bezpečně a zdarma, takže ji můžete zažít s klidem v duši
Yes, you are correct! In Harvest Moon DS, there is indeed an animation and dialogue that occurs when your character bumps into a wall or a piece of furniture while running. The little anime flash of the character's face followed by the dialogue "Ow..." is a humorous feature added to the game to add a touch of realism and fun to the gameplay experience.