Golden Lumber questions

A Nintendo Switch/PC/Ps4/XBox remake of the 2003 Gameboy Advance games HM: Friends of Mineral Town and HM: More Friends of Mineral Town. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Oct 2019. NA release = Jul 2020. EU release = Jul 2020.
Jake Johnson
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I just got my first Golden Lumber from the Mayor for completing his request for White Grass.

Is the best place for it to be kept is in the Cabinet?

I've read that all the neighbors like you less if you use it as a fence in your yard.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

In the original, yes. In the remake you can do whatever you want with it, put it in the cupboard, in the field, or sell it to Won/Huang. Personally I sold all of mine.
Thomaster
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

They completely took out the feature where the townsfolk get mad if you make a fence out of Golden Lumber. I believe at one point in the remake, perhaps after he gives it to you, Thomas explains that at one point, it was considered taboo to make a fence out of it, but it isn’t considered to be that bad anymore.

Using the special lumber in any way is completely fine in the remake - just don’t try and make a fence out of it in the original, or face an angry mob arriving at your doorstep the next morning! :lol:
Mabbie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

greensara wrote: Mar 17, 2023 12:13 pm In the original, yes. In the remake you can do whatever you want with it, put it in the cupboard, in the field, or sell it to Won/Huang. Personally I sold all of mine.
How much does he pay for it?
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I can't remember offhand but according to Cher's page https://fogu.com/sos3/marriage/huang.html it's 48000 - 57000 G.
Mabbie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Oh wow, that's a lot.... totally worth selling it.