Harvest Moon: The Winds of Anthos (Prerelease Chat)

An open-world Harvest Moon game featuring a large volcano, a pint-sized goddess, and the great Doc Jr. [ Game Guide ] JP release = /shrug. NA release = Sept 2023. EU release = Oct 2023.
JustABeautifulGuy
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

The star ranking for different towns makes me curious. I really enjoyed raising the rank of towns in 3OT so I wonder if they were inspired by that. It's most likely related to story progression though, similar to OW. Whatever it is, I hope some festivals are available from the start.
Ninety
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I quite like the graphical style, especially the landscape, which hasn't been a strong point of the last few Natsume games IMO. The HUD is also quite nice, very clean and simple.
StormFire
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

I hope it’s okay to share a link with some screenshots that Natsume posted on their social media. Personally, I love it. I’ve been addicted to One World lately and just got married in that game, and I feel this is a step in the right direction for them. https://twitter.com/Natsume_Inc/status/ ... LX5NAtAAAA
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Of course, it's good to share links. If you want, you can post the tweet directly. If you don't know how, you just use the tweet tags and paste the tweet number in between them. Like this, except you have to use square brackets [] instead of the round ones () I am using here: (tweet)1644017130940125185(/tweet)
JustABeautifulGuy
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Natsume just released yet another press release for the game: https://www.natsume.com/news/news_pdffi ... nsoles.pdf

Many more new gameplay screenshots and elements have been shared but the highlight is definitely that similarly to AWL remake, it's getting a multiplatform release. Confirmed platforms so far: Nintendo Switch, Sony PlayStation 5, Sony PlayStation 4, Microsoft Xbox Series X, Microsoft Xbox One and PC (Steam). It's really nice to see them supporting as many as consoles they can so even if the game does suffer from poor performance on Switch, I can get it for my PC.

These two screenshots look the best to me graphically. I like that the village doesn't feel empty like in OW and our house is actually close to it. I really love the lightning in the second image and the terrain looks good as well. I'm excited to see if they will do a desert setting this time around because as much as I liked the idea of it in OW, it really didn't look good at all but now I think they might be able to pull it off.
Spoiler:
Some details I found interesting:
Spoiler:
Owls and parakeets in the screenshots are so adorable.
A skills section for the animals
The weird icon on the map does seem like where we can place our farms
The watering can icon having a number, I wonder if it is its quantity or power

StormFire wrote: Apr 06, 2023 12:08 pm I hope it’s okay to share a link with some screenshots that Natsume posted on their social media. Personally, I love it. I’ve been addicted to One World lately and just got married in that game, and I feel this is a step in the right direction for them. https://twitter.com/Natsume_Inc/status/ ... LX5NAtAAAA
I really like the clothing designs for the characters. I don't like that Westley and Vivi look so similar but they might be related to each other. So far, Westley is my favorite marriage candidate revealed. Judy and Vivi are a bit too boring. The red hat dude might be yet another bachelor and I don't like his design either. It's worrisome I only like 1/4 candidates so far, I really don't want the PoOT situation to repeat.
JustABeautifulGuy
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Wrong post sorry </3
Last edited by JustABeautifulGuy on Apr 06, 2023 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JustABeautifulGuy
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Wrong post sorry </3
Last edited by JustABeautifulGuy on Apr 06, 2023 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StormFire
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Thank you, Kikki! :) I was never good at being able to share screenshots/images so that’s very helpful. I didn’t know they shared a press release, it looks pretty good. There was a comment I saw on Twitter with Natsume confirming that Vivi and Westley were siblings and were able to be romanced. So far none of the bachelor/ettes have really appealed to me personally, but in One World Jamil won me over with his personality and heart events, so maybe it’ll be the same for me in this game, too.
JustABeautifulGuy
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

StormFire wrote: Apr 06, 2023 1:15 pm Thank you, Kikki! :) I was never good at being able to share screenshots/images so that’s very helpful. I didn’t know they shared a press release, it looks pretty good. There was a comment I saw on Twitter with Natsume confirming that Vivi and Westley were siblings and were able to be romanced. So far none of the bachelor/ettes have really appealed to me personally, but in One World Jamil won me over with his personality and heart events, so maybe it’ll be the same for me in this game, too.
Just saw it, it just made sense for them to be siblings. And yeah, there's gotta be someone else who will come and win my heart :lol:
Meowie
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Everything is impressive but I really can't much anymore until I see the gameplay in action now. If anything I have learned, screenshots can deceive. I don't like how both the villages revealed so far look so similar either. I liked how different each place was in OW.
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

I agree; Westley is cute :>
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

i like the look of the game a lot. it feels like one world part 2. happy they’re finally making efforts. amazing landscape and lightning. crops look good too. i wish someone told them to get a nice art designer but i think one world marriage candidates were nicer. i will buy it just to support them. i keep saying this for every series but their next game will really be amazing xD
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Anthos really does feel like another good step up for Natsume. There's definitely asset reuse, but whatever changes have been made to lighting it looks substantially better. Almost too good for the quality of the water texture. Everything else blends together and looks pretty nice... that water looks like it's got a broken texture or something. Hopefully it looks better in motion. :shock: (Honestly, probably it will. One World didn't look very good in stills but I was satisfied with it in my hands.)

I appreciate the little bit of variation in background NPCs, too. They look less...Pathologic, this time.
midnighttherabbit
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Something about it kind of reminds me of those old Playmobil toys lol, it's pretty cute. They do still have that weird flatness problem OW had, though, I think it's something about the shadows/brightness, and it sort of bothers me...

I just want to see a gameplay trailer, tbh, because the animation/movement is sort of make or break here
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I do like the look of the farm & village so far, I agree they look much more populated and lively. I didn’t mind the big areas in OW (I kinda liked running through them for seed loops), but this does look nicer.

Ambivalent about the candidates so far, but the bachelors were one of the only things that disappointed me in OW - I didn’t love any of them, but there was no ssm and I couldn’t marry a bachelorette either.

I would be totally up for OW with a graphical overhaul, so I’m still pretty pumped. Really looking forward to seeing it in action.