New and tentative game announcements (V2)

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

This wasn't part of today's Nintendo Direct. It was just announced! Piczle Lines 2: Into the Puzzleverse!!

https://nintendoeverything.com/piczle-l ... to-switch/

It's releasing February 22, 2023!!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Dunno if this was mentioned anywhere, but NISA is coming out with a peculiar game on May 23. Monster Menu: The Scavenger's Cookbook sounds like a very strange and interesting mash-up of genres. Strategy RPG, adventure, dungeon crawler, resource-gathering and cooking. (It also says 'survival' but I'm not sure it really has all that many survival elements. Unless perhaps you can die of starvation rather than just by being killed by monsters...considering the emphasis on cooking, I assume maybe you can?)

I don't like strategy RPGs or dungeon-crawlers, for the most part, so this probably isn't for me...doesn't seem to be story driven, either. But the cooking looks intriguing. Seems just a little like BotW cooking where you can throw just about anything into the pot and it'll add different features to the final dish and give you different effects, and possibly a dish with a different name and/or icon?
midnighttherabbit
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Not sure if this belongs here, but BTN is going to be ported to the PS+ classics catalogue. I leech off my brother's subscription so I'll probably give this a try.

Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Homestead Arcana is to release in April. For Xbox-something and PC only, though. Unusually, it seems to be a full release, not early access. It's a gardening, nature-saving game. Where you play as a witch.

Getting a bit tired of the whole 'witch' schtick at this point. I have never been interested in witches, tbh...not even when the Harry Potter novels were still coming out and the craze was insane. I loved the books, but never personally wanted to be in Griffindor (or any other house, cuz I'd probably actually have been in Ravenclaw) or shout silly words to make things POOF, so given that I've little interest to begin with, it's a trend that wears out its welcome from me quite quickly.

Still, I've been actively looking for a new gardening game. Not sure if this is it, but it sounds good, at least. I do like that you can find your own seeds and recipes by exploring, and that you clear the land of whatever is hurting it (in this case, 'miasma') and make it viable again.

EDIT: About Fae Farm...it was shown in the September Direct (the farming-heavy one). There and on Nintendo's eshop listing it is said to be coming 'Spring 2023'. However, thinking that Spring 2023 is coming up quite soon, I decided to see if any new information was popping up anywhere, on Steam or etc...but nope. Steam has no updated release date. So I went to Fae Farm's official website, and THAT says that it's coming out 'late 2023', so probably at least half a year later than suggested. Dunno if that's a delay or if it was just a mistake when the info went to the Direct. I didn't check their site before today.
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

midnighttherabbit wrote: Feb 15, 2023 12:12 pm Not sure if this belongs here, but BTN is going to be ported to the PS+ classics catalogue. I leech off my brother's subscription so I'll probably give this a try.

I'm so jealous of this. I've always wanted to play Harvest Moon: Back to Nature, but I don't currently have a PlayStation 5.

Also, I'd thought I'd let everyone know that Pocket Card Jockey: Ride On! (a remake of the 3DS game) is available now on ioS/Apple devices. I still haven't beat the original 3DS game, and I'm nearly 100 hours in! (on the last horse type)

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/pocket-ca ... 1604577143

Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Harvest Moon kawaii wrote: Feb 19, 2023 1:32 pm I'm so jealous of this. I've always wanted to play Harvest Moon: Back to Nature, but I don't currently have a PlayStation 5.
You don't need a PS5. BTN is being added to PS+, which is the subscription service. You can get it on PS4 just fine. :) Must be noted, though, that you must have either the EXTRA or PREMIUM subscription. Standard PS+ doesn't have it, so if you have the base subscription tier, you won't have access to BTN.
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote: Feb 19, 2023 1:39 pm
Harvest Moon kawaii wrote: Feb 19, 2023 1:32 pm I'm so jealous of this. I've always wanted to play Harvest Moon: Back to Nature, but I don't currently have a PlayStation 5.
You don't need a PS5. BTN is being added to PS+, which is the subscription service. You can get it on PS4 just fine. :) Must be noted, though, that you must have either the EXTRA or PREMIUM subscription. Standard PS+ doesn't have it, so if you have the base subscription tier, you won't have access to BTN.
I don't have a PS4 or a PS5. :( :(
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Sorry for double-posting.

I thought some of you might be interested in knowing The Good Life (on the Switch) is getting its first DLC on March 9th!

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products ... 75-switch/

I'm pretty sure it's post-game content. The actual description of the DLC has spoilers, I think. It's 10 (US).

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products ... jo-switch/

Also, this game, PARANORMASIGHT: The Seven Mysteries of Honjo, is releasing on March 9th as well. (in the US) It has a 20% discount, making it $16 (US) until March 22nd. Then, it will be its regular price of $20 (US).
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Changed my mind on posting this here. Even if you're not interested in the preview, the interview with Yoshi-P at the end is well worth a listen. VERY interesting discussion on the topic of JRPGs generally.
Spoiler:

And while I'm posting... if you didn't know already, Elden Ring DLC confirmed! All we have is some pretty art, and a name, "Shadow of the Erdtree".
Spoiler:
Tweet (and video respectively) in the spoiler tags.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Another Fantasy Life i trailer has come out today in Level 5's presentation thingy. (There may have also been one for the Layton game and others but I only looked for this one. EDIT: Yep, Layton and Decapolice both have new trailers now...all this from the Level 5 Vision 2023 presentation thing that I didn't actually watch.)

EDIT: New info for Ys X: Nordics yesterday, too. I want it, but am not at all thrilled by the idea of a game that returns to a teenaged Adol. (He's confirmed to be 17 in Ys X if anyone didn't know already.) So sick of teenage protagonists, and we've already had more mature Adol and I'm not interested in moving backward. I'm not asking Japan to get behind elderly or even middle-aged protagonists, but I'd refer adults, at least. Gimme characters in their 20s and 30s, please.

EDIT 2: Legend of Nayuta: Boundless Trails now has a release window: Fall 2023.

EDIT 3: Too tired to be organized, but hey, Ghost Trick on Switch has a date. June 30th. And the SoS Doraemon game has the third part of DLC now, though anyone interested probably already knows.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Prideful Sloth (whose most recent game was Grow: Song of the Evertree, and before that was Yonder) has announced a new game called Go-Go Town.

Marigold
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote: Mar 09, 2023 6:19 pm Another Fantasy Life i trailer
:!: There’s another Fantasy Life coming out? :lala: I thought level5 would be done with it after the mobile game. Can’t wait to play it and so glad I saw this thread. :)
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Marigold wrote: Mar 24, 2023 1:11 pm
Kikki wrote: Mar 09, 2023 6:19 pm Another Fantasy Life i trailer
:!: There’s another Fantasy Life coming out? :lala: I thought level5 would be done with it after the mobile game. Can’t wait to play it and so glad I saw this thread. :)
Yes indeed; it was announced in the latest Nintendo Direct on February 8th, along with several other Level 5 games. I don't remember what they were except that one is a new Layton game. Glad you got some surprise happy news, Marigold :)
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Mihoyo's next game is coming to PS4/5.

It's turnbased instead of action like their previous games, so that's interesting. I'm more interested in their other upcoming game; Zenless Zone Zero, but I'll at the very least try this one out.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I suppose this may be our Zelda/TotK Direct. 10 minutes is a lot more than a trailer, but less than one might expect of a dedicated Direct for one of Nintendo's biggest IPs. Perhaps there will be more later, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is the whole shebang.
I suspect that TotK has more story than BotW did, and they're gonna be careful not to spoil it, so I think it'll be a showing off of gameplay features like how the phasing through earth and going up in to the sky work and stuff like that. Though Zelda fans will still squeeeeeeeeze every last bit of information that can possibly be gotten out of every single frame. Never met any fandom as intense as the LoZ fandom for that.