Anyone Still Currently Playing?

A Nintendo Switch/PC/Ps4/XBox remake of the 2003 Gameboy Advance games HM: Friends of Mineral Town and HM: More Friends of Mineral Town. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Oct 2019. NA release = Jul 2020. EU release = Jul 2020.
Thomaster
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Chelle wrote: Mar 02, 2023 11:51 am
Thomaster wrote: Feb 11, 2023 8:28 pm I still play from time to time! I only ever work on farm-related stuff rather than trying to woo one of the villagers, because we have yet to get my dream of having a Thomas marriage candidate DLC or something, lol! It’s definitely not something I play every day like I used to, that spot is reserved for Harvest Moon DS, but I’d say my playthrough is still far from over! :heart:
Sadly, I can’t see Thomas becoming a bachelor ever. How cool it would be though if someone modded him into a game, replacing a current bachelor and changing their dialog! I really like the idea of that :P
Apologies for the late response, I’ve kinda been sleeping on the forum a bit nowadays. Woopsies! :o

Hey, a guy can dream! :lol: I’ve actually attempted modding Harvest Moon DS for this specific purpose, but I ended up becoming completely confused real quickly. I guess I’d rather just be on the playing end!

Honestly, I’d be so happy with having some way to marry Thomas, official or not. :heart: A mod wouldn’t be too bad of an idea, I just wouldn’t be the one to do it, haha! Or at least the actual modding side of things.

I’d absolutely love to write for a Marry Thomas mod though, like help with the dialogue and such - and I’ve even been considering maybe writing a script of how that would play out… but I’m not sure if anyone would actually be interested in reading that xD I know he isn’t exactly a popular character.
Chelle
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Apologies also, I saw this a while back and put off replying for a bit because I wanted to give it a proper response, but time has just flown by and I feel a bit guilty now. Thanks for responding and no need to apologise.

I’d actually be very interested in reading your script if you ever did one. Would be very cool to experience him being a bachelor in some form, even unofficially. I’m sure others would be interested too despite his popularity, it’s nice to see a niche character get some attention. If you ever do, you’ll have to make a new post on this form and share! :)

I can only imagine modding harvest moon ds being a big headache, don’t blame you for stopping :P Sounds interesting modding the game though, shame I’m too lazy to learn, can barely keep up with making my own game. :D
StormFire
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

I’m kind of glad this topic got bumped up, mainly because I bought Harvest Moon: Back to Nature yesterday on the PS store and even though I’ve played SoS: FoMT I feel like Back to Nature is more…fun? Idk if it’s the simplicity, or what, and don’t get me wrong I love SoS: FoMT, but even though they’re basically similar/same games I’m loving Back to Nature a tad bit more. Anyone else feel this way or am I just crazy? :shock:
Mabbie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

BTN strikes right in the middle of my teenager heart, I love it so much it will be always fun LOL.

FoMT I guess things are way too easy, I mean, look at the capacity of that rucksack, it's so easy to go into the mines carrying a « Soft and Fluffy » of ramen and get to the bottom levels, selling that bottle to Van and getting fast money, the animals don't die... the list goes on and on...
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I just started playing again. Not too seriously just fir fun.
GavinsMustache
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I just started playing again, starting a new file on the PS4 (originally played on Switch) to try to get the trophies. I am playing as Yuto and want to marry one of the ladies so I can see the pregnancy scenes and have my wife hold the baby :P But I'm having trouble deciding on who I want. Since I'm dating everyone to get the trophy, I still have a while and get to see a lot of everyone. I'm leaning toward Ran right now, but Karen is very appealing. I think Karen is more popular so I'm probably going to give Ran some love. I love her upbeat attitude and passion for cleaning. Karen kinda won me over how she
Spoiler:
directly confronts her parents though. I like someone who speaks up for what they feel (since I don't do that myself XD)
I also married Marie (Mary) in FOMT GBA so I don't think I'll go for her again, even though I like her a lot. Elly is actually more appealing in this one to me for some reason (love her redesign, I guess). Popuri is too childish for me. Jennifer is cool but I feel like we are more friends than lovers (
Spoiler:
even though she is the only candidate that says she's in love with you when you give her the preserved flower, at least that I've seen so far
)

But I'm also falling for Rick all over again. I already married him twice in MFOMT on GBA and once on Switch SOS FOMT lmfao. But I just really love him. He has flaws and feels the most "real" to me, which I why I love him so much. I like to imagine that
Spoiler:
he forced himself to grow up too fast when his dad left, and tried to hard to play the 'father' of the house, which made him overprotective and bossy because he didn't know how else to act.
Also I had some funny moments. I don't like to use guides for what the villagers like so I can try to 'get to know them' myself, and I gave Karen a certain something and she said she likes it "as much as an empty bottle." And then once I tried to give her something else and she just said "Yeah... no. Hard pass." LOL. And once I gave Anna a birthday present and she went on a whole rant about how she hated it LOL Also Manna's birthday gift response was... intense.
Mabbie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I was really really torn between Rick and Cliff. What made my mind is that when I first played BTN (when I was a young 15yo girl lol), I fell for Cliff, but couldn't marry him because at that time we could only marry the girls. So I decided to chase him after many years of frustration, and finally get that done hahah. But Rick is really cute.
GavinsMustache
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Cliff's lack of self-confidence is relatable but kinda turns me off from what I want in a partner. He is definitely cute and interesting though.

I actually originally fell for Rick in HM64 -- I just thought he was so cute and at the time my IRL crush's name was also Rick. I actually named my character Rick after him, and then when I saw "Rick's Shop" on the sign I thought it meant we got to own our own shop because I didn't realize there was also a character named Rick hahaha.
Mabbie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

LOL!

You know, when I used to play BTN (as I said, I was 15), I had that thought "ew, nerd" about Rick hahaha. Now that I'm 34 and mature, I'm like "hummMmMm nerd~~" XD but chose Cliff anyway for old time's sake hahah
Sivs
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Just married Jennifer one one file. She’s so lovely and quirky (in a good way). I’m going to choose to have a daughter, but I don’t have a good name for her yet.

I’m going to marry Elly in another file. Going to have a daughter named Alma, after a character from Baten Kaitos named Almarde (because my MC - Lyude - is named after another character from the same game).
iLoveSprites75
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

HM Games are games I always go back to. I have been planning on going back to this for a while, just haven't found it in me yet. But I like going back to old games. :)
Ianuzaj
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Yes, Cuz the SoS:PoOT and The Doraemon SoS Series still expensive on Steam (Even when it get discount, Hope the Winter Sale can bring good price for this franchise)