Random events

Nintendo DS [ Game Guide ]
otsokume
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Hi! My first day here.
I've been playing HM DS for years and i nearly always played with a guide near me to know some basics and also some facts, random things, etc.
I've always tried to get the random events that those guides said that were available in the european version (i was searching spanish guides, but the big one dissapeared and i found this page like 5 month ago, IT'S AMAZING AND SUUUPER COMPLETE) and i found that some of thouse events where only available if you had de GBA connected (and i don't have the GBA game, so... hardly XD)
In the spanish guide didn't say anything about that, so it was very useful to know that some of thouse event were... well... impossible to get to me, so i just removed them from my mind.
The fact is that even with those out of my list there are some of them that i still don't achieve (for example Galen's date) and i don't know if it's because they may only available at another versions (for example, the japanise one).
I have this question since yesterday; when reading the forum i understood that "Flora's cooking battle" was only available in japanise version? It could be? Just to know if some of those events are, in fact, impossible to get in the european version and dont get mad 'bout that.
I mean, I could just write here all the events that don't trigger, but i understand that maybe it's a bit impossible to know if all of them are in fact impossible or just i'm not lucky enough.
On the other hand, i could also list some of them that actually work in this version of the game, in case someone wanna make sure that are okey (for example, "Secret fireworks 1 and 2" are available but not translated).
As I said, it's just to don't get mad; I don't mind if some of them are not available, but I don't want either to stay days in a row trying to get them and know a bit more of the lore of the game. I also know that in this guide some of them appear as confirmed to be or not to be in some versions, but not with all of them.
Thanks for reading
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

I am not sure anyone has gone through and confirmed whether all the events work or don't work in the EU version of the game. This board is mainly for the North American version and those who imported the Japan version. For events like Flora's Cooking Battle, there's no confirmation that it is JP-only.
Terdin
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I went through the forum maybe a year ago, looking for that kind of information. I think I found a list of events and what versions they had been confirmed to work for, and copied it down, sorting them into two lists, one for those confirmed to work in the EU version, and one I named "probably won't work". Without checking the forum again, I don't know if this was where I got it, but I know I found the information somehow, without testing everything out myself.
otsokume
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Pff, i searched "events" just in case i found that kind of list Terdin mentions (sorry, idk how to... actually refer to anyone T.T I'm not use to use forums) and wow.. if i have to look entry by entry i can get crazy @.@
Anyway was just to know, as (I think) I said It's just to know, but if some event doesn't work it's not a problem for me :)
Idk if I could do that "list of confirmed EU events" but i have no problem with sharing which of them work 100% 'cause i've achieved them, maybe could be usefull for the guide? Idk :')
Terdin
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Was at work when I wrote my previous reply, so I didn't have the printed list at hand. Going to copy it with the marks for the different areas.

Possible in EU
The Painting, part 1 (Jap+, US+, EU+)
Fierce Bargaining (Jap+, US+, EU+)
Kate's Life Advice (Jap+, US+, EU+)
Princess' Past (Jap+, US+, EU+)
New Year Dream (Jap+, US+, EU+)
Island Millionaire (Jap+, US+, EU+)
Free Horse (Jap+, US+, EU+)
Sprite Dance Party (Jap+, US+, EU+)
Mukumuku's Gift (Jap+, US+, EU+)
Family Picnic (Jap+, US+, EU+)
Thomas' Winter Request (Jap+, US+, EU+)
Lumina's Request (Jap+, US+, EU+)
Murrey the Gourmet, part 1 (Jap+, US-, EU+)
Murrey the Gourmet, part 2 (Jap+, US-, EU+)
Kate vs Hugh, part 1 (Jap+, US-, EU+)
Kate vs Hugh, part 2 (Jap+, US-, EU+)
Kate vs Hugh, part 3 (Jap+, US-, EU+)
Lumina's Advice (Jap+, US-, EU+)
Flora's Stalker (Jap+, US-, EU+)
Barney's Scout (Jap+, US-, EU+)
All 101 Sprites (Jap+, US+, EU+)
Sprite's Whisper (Jap+, US-, EU uncertain as the original list maker hadn't reached the bottom of the 4th mine)
Fickleness Expert (Jap+, US+, EU+)
Family Argument, part 1 (Jap+, US+, EU+)
Family Argument, part 2 (Jap+, US+, EU+)
Cocktail Challenge (Jap+, US+, EU+)
Ancestor's Pride (Jap+, US+, EU+)
Original Cocktail Drink (Jap+, US+, EU+)
Begging, part 1 (Jap+, US+, EU+)
Begging, part 2 (Jap+, US+, EU+)
Path to Cooking Expert (Jap+, US+, EU+)
Family (Jap+, US+, EU+)
Attacked! (Jap+, US+, EU+)
New Trade Negotiations (Jap+, US+, EU+)
Muffy's Meddling (Jap+, US+, EU+)
Argument with Marlin (Jap+, US+, EU+)
First Errand (Jap+, US+, EU+)
Secret Fireworks, part 1 (Jap+, US+, EU+)
Secret Fireworks, part 2 (Jap+, US+, EU+)
Pursuit of Beauty (Jap+, US+, EU+)
Cody's Aesthetics (Jap+, US+, EU+)
Path to Musician (Jap+, US+, EU+)
Second Hot Spring (Jap+, US+, EU+)
Bonsai Contest (Jap+, US+, EU+)
Nina's Keepsake (Jap+, US+, EU+)
Education Policy, part 1 (Jap+, US+, EU+)
Education Policy, part 2 (Jap+, US+, EU+)

Not possible in EU
Memory Stories (Jap+, US-, EU-)
Child Discipline, part 1 (Jap+, US-, EU-)
Child Discipline, part 2 (Jap+, US-, EU-)
Gambler vs Gambler (Jap+, US-, EU-)
Flora's Cooking Battle (Jap+, US-, EU-)
Galen's Date (Jap+, US-, EU-)
Whip Practice (Jap+, US-, EU-)
Budding Romance (Jap+, US+, EU-)
Leia's Request (Jap+, US-, EU-)
Mermaid's Easy Life (Jap+, US-, EU-)
Thankful Feelings (Jap+, US+, EU-)
Tak and Vesta (Jap+, US-, EU-)
Past Glory (Jap+, US-, EU-)
Chris' Fortune Telling (Jap+, US-, EU-)
Cooking Pride (Jap+, US+, EU-)
Vesta vs Van (Jap+, US-, EU-)
Da-chan walks (Jap+, US-, EU-)
Da-chan vs Mukumuku (Jap+, US-, EU-)
Royal Descendants (Jap+, US-, EU-)
Watch Your Back (Jap+, US-, EU-)
Likeable Child (Jap+, US-, EU-)
Small Adventure (Jap+, US-, EU-)
Mukumuku's Sickness (Jap+, US+, EU-)
Dr. Hardy's Checkup (Jap+, US-, EU-)
HG vs Princess (Jap+, US original list maker couldn't marry the HG, EU-)

ETA: The list also excludes all the events needing connecting with the FoMT or MFoMT, also excluding those exclusive for Cute. I have confirmed most of the possible ones myself, and made unsuccessful attempts at some of the impossible. To confirm all EU-possible events would require several playthroughs as some are dependent on what bachelorette one marries. I found it fun that we got some events the US crowd didn't, even if they got some we are excluded from, hence why I kept the regional marks.
otsokume
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

OOOOHHHH REALLY THANKS YOU <3<3<3
I was asking 'cause events like Flora's stalker are not appearing, but i don't try every Tuesday to make sure; just knowing that it's available i'll just try a little; or f.e. i tried some time ago Da-chan walks or Leia's request without success, so i may try some days? Just in case? But not with that... efusivity xD
I could (just let me some time) say in a future if sprite's whisper is available in EU 'cause i wanna reach the 4th mine in some time (i've alredy reach it, but i lost that game :') )
(really really thanks you)
OH, BTW
the firework events ARE NOT translated, at least to spanish. They are in japanese, just to know
Terdin
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

My game is in English, and the fireworks events are translated in my game.

I hope it's just that the translator missed those.

I too want to reach the bottom of the 4th mine, but have only bothered to get a couple hundred floors down so far, as I've prioritized other stuff. And since I'm also only just into year 3, there's another year before I can get Flora and Carter married to fill the other requirement, so I don't feel like I have to hurry with that mine.
otsokume
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

4th mine it's like going to hell; i spend like 5-6 hours just going down with holes
As a tip; dont buy the Van drinks, get a lot of colour grasses and just eat them. I suppose you just know, but the rocks give nothing (except thouse ending in 10, 20...) so what i did was go down, kill the ducks and chikens, eat something, look for the next hole and repeat. Obviously saving a lot and with a lot of patiente.
I dont know who tf desinged that mine but WOW, S/HE'S A MONSTER